• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lloid Braking - We Livin~

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Wow I can't believe I'm just now reading this thread. This is really interesting guys! I hope I can help out in some way. This should help alleviate the Megaman MU at least a little cause one of his best KO options(Usmash) won't be as viable anymore. However, I foresee a high possibility in this being patched. :p

captain clutch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch_Captain
3DS FC
4167-5308-5514
Did you get hurt?

Cuz it may have just beena a whiff, the KO punch whiff has quite a good windbox.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I didn't take damage, but it was really weird iirc I was in a corner, no way it should have whiffed but I need to watch the vod to confirm

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I doubt Sakurai checked into it, but we do gotta verify..

Even if no one's mastered it xD

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Welcome ^^

Also...

I CANT LAND IT! HELP ME ANIMAL CROSSING VERSION OF GOD!

i'll tell if i land it though (´・_・`) if i ever do

Last edited:

Arcaden

Smash Rookie
What i'm about to say isn't ground-breaking, but:
You know how sometimes when you get smash attacked, you can get an airdodge, or an aerial in, but the momentum still kills you?
Yeah, this stops that.

Also, this technique is super exciting and seems to be consistent with KO moves used on you at/close to kill percentage, but when you're a good 20%+ above that initial kill percentage, it seems much more difficult to pull off.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
What i'm about to say isn't ground-breaking, but:
You know how sometimes when you get smash attacked, you can get an airdodge, or an aerial in, but the momentum still kills you?
Yeah, this stops that.

Also, this technique is super exciting and seems to be consistent with KO moves used on you at/close to kill percentage, but when you're a good 20%+ above that initial kill percentage, it seems much more difficult to pull off.
That's just using the regular momentum cancel from lloid to live longer, it isn't necessarily this technique, which seems to work when you SHOULD be in hitstun

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I think we just decided its too tight/situational?

IDK XD Villager doesnt really have any heavy testers as far as I'm aware.... D:

We should ask the Luigis, they're pro at mashing.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Also, this may have been removed in 1.1.0... Anyone that figured out how to trigger it before may want to test again to see if it was removed. I don't know if data miners could access this kind of thing, either... :/

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
yeah....why didn't we get a data miner? xD!

But every now and then, i fire up training mode and Down smash that Levin Sword on Poor villager and try my best to 'lloid break' and its been more than 2 months (maube 8 hours 'attempting' combined) and i have not landed it once....

Or maybe we can summon that @ Zerocakes Zerocakes fellow, since he was the only person here who reported landing it consistently. ^_^"

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Zerocakes plz

I tried this like for almost an hour yesterday and couldn't do it lmao

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
I just got it on my Wii U after seeing this! Happy this is still in, even though it's not really practical..
Well with the recent Robin buffs, there could be a lot more Robin players to exploit this on! Also Pikachu will still probably be a popular character.

If I get the chance later I will toy around with this some more.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm still wondering how you actually get this so frequently lmao

Has anyone actually done it in...a 1v1 tho?

Jell0

Smash Rookie
NNID
thejeno
And here I thought Villager didn't have any extreme tech...boy was I wrong. Just imagine, in 20AC where every villager main never loses to a robin or pikachu (does it work on every character? I'd assume so) due to living to humongous percents. Kinda bummed how no one has been able to really figure out why or how, it's sort of just been random.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
And here I thought Villager didn't have any extreme tech...boy was I wrong. Just imagine, in 20AC where every villager main never loses to a robin or pikachu (does it work on every character? I'd assume so) due to living to humongous percents. Kinda bummed how no one has been able to really figure out why or how, it's sort of just been random.
Villager is one of the characters with the most tech

Too bad most of it is like one-frame precision tech lmao

Jell0

Smash Rookie
NNID
thejeno
oops..
Really?
I'm still sort of new to villager, and sm4sh as a whole aha. I'm labbing sm4sh really hard at the moment though, melee wasn't my type of game.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
WE STILL LIVIN'!
this is in the most recent patch on 3DS :)
http://gfycat.com/GraciousZigzagGeese
Hey mind if you send me the replay of this? I want to see if i can pinpoint the input frame better and stuff.

heres my 3ds # 3523 2502 7558

and if you have a replay on wiiu tha'd be cool if you can send that to my niid. ^_^"

Last edited:

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Hey mind if you send me the replay of this? I want to see if i can pinpoint the input frame better and stuff.

heres my 3ds # 3523 2502 7558

and if you have a replay on wiiu tha'd be cool if you can send that to my niid. ^_^"
Yeah sure I'll send it to you on 3DS when I get home. My FC is 1607-2766-5470 :)

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I sent it quite a while ago. Hopefully to the right person xD
Your mii is Sakurai right?
lool yes ^_^" i'll check again

-------

Nope, Nothing yet. ^_^" when did you send it? Because I hadn't updated my 3ds until this morning xD

-------

WAAAH IT NEVER CAME SEND IT AGAIN YOU!!! >:O

haha naw take your time. :3

Last edited:

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
lool yes ^_^" i'll check again

-------

Nope, Nothing yet. ^_^" when did you send it? Because I hadn't updated my 3ds until this morning xD

-------

WAAAH IT NEVER CAME SEND IT AGAIN YOU!!! >:O

haha naw take your time. :3
Oh lol I'll try again xD sorry about that

Teshie U

Smash Lord
IIRC this sort of thing was only possible in Brawl because hitstun didnt last anywhere near as long as knockback, but does anyone have any videos of this happening in response to a single hit?

It looks like the hitstun, hitlag and knockback of a strong move being interrupted by a weak move resulting in high knockback+low hitstun.

Has anyone test using a powerful move to hit someone through a weak move (like fire breath or the bumper on peach castle 64)?

Must have some viable application in 1v1, In Ranai's most recent tournament, I noticed him using gyroid's immediately after taking big hits for no apparent reason. Maybe it still cancels a bit of knockback in any situation.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Must have some viable application in 1v1, In Ranai's most recent tournament, I noticed him using gyroid's immediately after taking big hits for no apparent reason. Maybe it still cancels a bit of knockback in any situation.

You can't prevent yourself from dying if the knockback is great enough, but I'm sure you've all had those hits where you were sent flying and just before you died, you could jump/airdodge/etc., but the momentum killed you regardless? THOSE are the hits that Lloid will definitely save you from.
(This quote is from this thread, if you're interested: http://smashboards.com/threads/has-anyone-thought-of-this.387352/)
I believe that that's what Ranai was doing (haven't seen the matches, so I'm assuming) -- Since the Lloid stops all momentum, using a Lloid when taking big hits (not too big of hits, though) can help you live to higher percents, and save you when it looks like you're going to die.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
IIRC this sort of thing was only possible in Brawl because hitstun didnt last anywhere near as long as knockback, but does anyone have any videos of this happening in response to a single hit?

It looks like the hitstun, hitlag and knockback of a strong move being interrupted by a weak move resulting in high knockback+low hitstun.

Has anyone test using a powerful move to hit someone through a weak move (like fire breath or the bumper on peach castle 64)?

It helps you live a few % longer, regardless.

That being said, I think the same, I want to see if this can be achieved from a single strong hit =P

Because Villager in the videos, flies super fast, as if only affected by the big hit xD

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Oh lol I'll try again xD sorry about that
Dude, dude....its not here still. :( Why do you hate me?

Also. Does it get sent straight to the 'Vault' or do i look 'online' in the 'View' videos thingy? :0
I have been checking both, but nothing.

(i've never used the send videos function on 3ds, like ever. xD)

---

Then again. Wiiu takes like a whole day to send replays. So I'd imagine the little 3ds take longer? I dunno...

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Dude, dude....its not here still. :( Why do you hate me?

Also. Does it get sent straight to the 'Vault' or do i look 'online' in the 'View' videos thingy? :0
I have been checking both, but nothing.

(i've never used the send videos function on 3ds, like ever. xD)

---

Then again. Wiiu takes like a whole day to send replays. So I'd imagine the little 3ds take longer? I dunno...
you gotta go online, till it says you have a new replay in your vault

Its kinda random xD

Last edited:

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
wow this is awesome! I have a home made hardware TAS tool for the wii u, ill play with the frame data and try to save a perfect run and share it here, with controller input framestamps. hopefully I'll have something to show this weekend!

Top Bottom