• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lloid Braking - We Livin~

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Guys I just managed to do this in training mode on 3DS.
i was against Robin and I was above 100% and he hit me with a smash (can't remember which one sorry) BUT I know the exact input I did to stop the hit stun. After getting hit, tap B then hold B in quick succession while holding left. I hope this helps and I'll continue to experiment with different characters and stuff! I'll report any more findings. Good luck villagers!
Seems like an accurate input...

What worries me is that it might be an electrical attack-only thing :S

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
More findings! So I set up a 5 minute smash game against a pikachu, Robin and ness. In that five minutes I managed to preform this trick about 3 times and I have the replay saved. (3DS)
Now upon watching the replay I'll tell you what hit me each time.
- pikachu forward smash
- pikachus thunder (touching pikachu)
- Robin down smash.
I'll try with non electrical characters and see if it's not just electricity that allows this :)

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
More findings! So I set up a 5 minute smash game against a pikachu, Robin and ness. In that five minutes I managed to preform this trick about 3 times and I have the replay saved. (3DS)
Now upon watching the replay I'll tell you what hit me each time.
- pikachu forward smash
- pikachus thunder (touching pikachu)
- Robin down smash.
I'll try with non electrical characters and see if it's not just electricity that allows this :)
Awesome work! I still can't land it though. So im doing something wrong :/ But im doing the inputs as fast as i can on 1/4 speed. Stiill cant DX Which way were you launched?

Are you gonna post the replays?

Last edited:

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Awesome work! I still can't land it though. So im doing something wrong :/ But im doing the inputs as fast as i can on 1/4 speed. Stiill cant DX Which way were you launched?

Are you gonna post the replays?
Most of it consisted of mashing side B. I think it's just a very strict timing thing, and it was at both left and right directions in which i was launched. However i think was holding left for each one, and am unsure if this works while holding right. I'll have to experiment further.

As for the replay, what i'll do is post it onto the 3ds sharing database and 3ds users here can download it and analyse it as they wish. I do not have a capture card so i cannot directly post a video clip here in good quality. I do however have a phone, but the quality in which it records my 3ds is hideous x_x

If anyone would rather this not be shared to the world, then add me on 3ds and i'll send it directly to you because this is some game breaking shiz right here xD

Sonsa

Smash Champion
This. This. xD

Btw 'Hi' :3 Remember me? Probably not but its cool :D haha
Of course, we fought in Brawl! Hi!

You're the best, Sonsa~
Aw gee, I dunno, just happy to help!
i was against Robin and I was above 100% and he hit me with a smash (can't remember which one sorry) BUT I know the exact input I did to stop the hit stun. After getting hit, tap B then hold B in quick succession while holding left. I hope this helps and I'll continue to experiment with different characters and stuff! I'll report any more findings. Good luck villagers!
But this is more helpful! Interesting... I wonder what about Robin makes this work? And I'm sure it doesn't only work for the left direction, right? Or maybe it does, kinda like Greninja's weird shadow sneak through platform stuff.

Edit: Oh wow, even more findings! I wonder if it would work on Thoron or Rob's lazer? Those seem to be electrical, but I'm not sure they have the effect. If this is consistent (which, sounds like it is) against electrical based attacks - certain matchups might get crazy easy. If it isn't just electrical...wow.

But at this point it does seem like electrical attacks have some sort of property that lets Villager cancel the hitstun.
We should try with fire attacks too, maybe those have a similar weird property! Lil Mac's up-smash may be good to test with!

Last edited:

captain clutch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch_Captain
3DS FC
4167-5308-5514
So as of now, this glitch seems to be associated with electric moves, and nothing to do with Flat Zone, correct?
Would Falcon's knee count as electric?

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Edit: Oh wow, even more findings! I wonder if it would work on Thoron or Rob's lazer?
Yes it does work on Thoron, i have not tried ROB's laser yet.

Turns out it's just a very strict timing, because you only have to press B once to do it. I learned that on 1/4 speed in training mode after being hit by a thoron and stopping the hitstun. Because of this, mashing side B is probably the best option to pull this off xD
It's still extremely difficult though.

Also, i managed to record in average quality the moments in the replay where i managed to pull it off.
Hope these help! :D

LHC 1
LHC 2
LHC 3

Apologies that they're so large.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Of course, we fought in Brawl! Hi!

Aw gee, I dunno, just happy to help!

But this is more helpful! Interesting... I wonder what about Robin makes this work? And I'm sure it doesn't only work for the left direction, right? Or maybe it does, kinda like Greninja's weird shadow sneak through platform stuff.

Edit: Oh wow, even more findings! I wonder if it would work on Thoron or Rob's lazer? Those seem to be electrical, but I'm not sure they have the effect. If this is consistent (which, sounds like it is) against electrical based attacks - certain matchups might get crazy easy. If it isn't just electrical...wow.

But at this point it does seem like electrical attacks have some sort of property that lets Villager cancel the hitstun.
We should try with fire attacks too, maybe those have a similar weird property! Lil Mac's up-smash may be good to test with!
If all elemental attacks worked that'd be pretty cool. Still crossing my fingers for any attack to work with this tho X3

This is almost game-breaking for Villager xD

And we appreciate the help~ <3

Yes it does work on Thoron, i have not tried ROB's laser yet.

Turns out it's just a very strict timing, because you only have to press B once to do it. I learned that on 1/4 speed in training mode after being hit by a thoron and stopping the hitstun. Because of this, mashing side B is probably the best option to pull this off xD
It's still extremely difficult though.

Also, i managed to record in average quality the moments in the replay where i managed to pull it off.
Hope these help! :D

LHC 1
LHC 2
LHC 3

Apologies that they're so large.
Mind sharing what %s you were at during those gifs?

Also do you just gotta mash side B as quickly as possible? (in regards to the time you start mashing)

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Mind sharing what %s you were at during those gifs?

Also do you just gotta mash side B as quickly as possible? (in regards to the time you start mashing)
The first one was at around 150%
The second one was at around 130%
The third one was at around 60%

and yeah i think i pretty much just mashed side B or just pressed it 2 or 3 times as quickly as i could as soon as i got hit.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm glad we dont have to press it just once at a perfect frame, rather, we can mash and hope for the best.

What's the success rate on your attepts, you reckon?

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
I'm glad we dont have to press it just once at a perfect frame, rather, we can mash and hope for the best.

What's the success rate on your attepts, you reckon?
It's very rare that i pull it off. I guess i was just lucky that i managed to pull it off 3 times within 5 minutes. In training mode i was there for about an hour with a bunch of robins spamming thoron and arcfire and I only got it once or twice.
I've still had no luck from doing this on non-electrical attacks. :p

Once we find out exactly what causes this, it should become easier to do hopefully :)

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
So just to clarify, you held left that entire time? And while flying to the right side of the screen?

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
So just to clarify, you held left that entire time? And while flying to the right side of the screen?
Yes, and i've discovered you only need to press/hold B (still holding left) once to do it, but i think it's just frame-perfect timing which sucks in terms of consistency.

The best way to "train" with this on single player is by going against a level 9 CPU pikachu and staying on the ledge so it spams forward smash, down smash and thunder, all of which this trick can be performed out of.
An alternative is with Robin, just wait until he/she uses thoron or hits you with smashes.
Alternitavely you could just get a friend to use Pikachu or Robin and spam smash attacks for you xD

It doesn't matter what direction you're launched either, however i think this only works when holding left for some reason, but i will still continue to experiment with this and get as much information as i can for you guys :)

Last edited:

Hyruled

Banned via Warnings
NNID
NSGHoenn90
Yes, and i've discovered you only need to press/hold B (still holding left) once to do it, but i think it's just frame-perfect timing which sucks in terms of consistency.

The best way to "train" with this on single player is by going against a level 9 CPU pikachu and staying on the ledge so it spams forward smash, down smash and thunder, all of which this trick can be performed out of.
An alternative is with Robin, just wait until he/she uses thoron or hits you with smashes.
Alternitavely you could just get a friend to use Pikachu or Robin and spam smash attacks for you xD

It doesn't matter what direction you're launched either, however i think this only works when holding left for some reason, but i will still continue to experiment with this and get as much information as i can for you guys :)
So to clarify, this is only against electric attacks? And you must hold left as soon as you see the smash hit or before it hits?

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
So to clarify, this is only against electric attacks? And you must hold left as soon as you see the smash hit or before it hits?
You can do it holding both left and right, and i think it's only while being hit by electrical attacks. I'm pretty sure that it's a frame-perfect execution, and i don't think it matters when you hold left/right.
If you look at these screenshots of the exact moment the move is executed, you can see that they are all directly after one of those white motion cloud things. This is what makes me believe it's a timing-based trick.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
You can do it holding both left and right, and i think it's only while being hit by electrical attacks. I'm pretty sure that it's a frame-perfect execution, and i don't think it matters when you hold left/right.
If you look at these screenshots of the exact moment the move is executed, you can see that they are all directly after one of those white motion cloud things. This is what makes me believe it's a timing-based trick.

I'm so glad this game has these now.

ROB's Laser is not electric attribute, but Falcon's Knee sweetspot is

:4falcon:Captain Falcon
-FAir (19% sweetspot)
-Lightning Falcon Kick

:4dedede: King Dedede
-Bouncing Gordo

:4dk: Donkey Kong
-Lightning Punch
-Focused Slap (Aerial 7% sourspot)

:4falco: Falco
-Reflector
-Accele-Reflector
-Blaster
-Explosive Blaster
-Burst Blaster

:4fox:Fox
-Wolf Flash (Ending hit)
-Reflector
-Big Reflector
-Amplifying Reflector
-Charge Blaster

:4gaw: Mr. Game & Watch
-Judge 5

:4ganondorf: Ganondorf
-Jab (10%/7% sweetspots)
-DAir
-Dark Dive (Grab weak hits)
-Dark Vault (Grab weak hits)

:4bowser: Bowser
-USmash (Giga Bowser, initial hit)
-NAir (Giga Bowser)
-BAir (Giga Bowser)
-DAir (Giga Bowser, aerial hits)
-UThrow (Giga Bowser, weak hits)

:4link: Link
-Shocking Spin Attack

:4littlemac: Little Mac
-Stunning Straight Lunge (incomplete charge)
-Rising Smash

:4lucario: Lucario
-Stunning Double Team (weak hits)

:4lucina::4marth: Lucina + Marth
-Iai Counter

:4mario: Mario
-Shocking Cape

:4drmario: Doctor Mario
-FSmash
-Shocking Sheet

:4mewtwo:Mewtwo
-NAir
-Pummel

:4miigun: Mii Gunner
-Charge Blast
-Echo Reflector

:4ness: Ness
-PK Flash
-Rising PK Flash
-PK Thunder 1
-Lasting PK Thunder 1
-Rolling PK Thunder 1
-PK Thunder 2
-Lasting PK Thunder 2
-Rolling PK Thunder 2
-PSI Vacuum (Release hit)
-Forward PSI Magnet (Release hit)

:4pikachu:Pikachu
-FSmash
-DSmash
-FAir
-DAir (including landing hit)
-Pummel
-FThrow (weak hits)
-Thunder Jolt
-Thunder Wave (ground arc 1% sourspot, aerial 1% sourspot)
-Thunder Shock
-Shocking Skull Bash
-Quick Attack
-Meteor Quick Attack
-Quick Feet
-Thunder (cloud, bolt, strike)
-Thunder Burst
-Distant Thunder (cloud, bolt, strike)

:4olimar: Olimar
-FSmash (yellow Pikmin)
-USmash (yellow Pikmin)
-DSmash (yellow Pikmin)
-FAir (yellow Pikmin)
-BAir (yellow Pikmin)
-UAir (yellow Pikmin)
-DAir (yellow Pikmin)
-Pummel (yellow Pikmin)
-FThrow (yellow Pikmin, release hit)
-BThrow (yellow Pikmin, release hit)
-UThrow (yellow Pikmin, release hit)
-DThrow (yellow Pikmin, release hit)
-Explosive Pluck (yellow Pikmin)
-Pikmin Throw (yellow Pikmin pummel)
-Sticky Pikmin Throw (yellow Pikmin pummel)
-Tackle Pikmin Throw (yellow Pikmin)
-Order Tackle (yellow Pikmin)

:4darkpit: Dark Pit
-Electroshock Arm
-Electrocut Arm
-Quickshock Arm

:4robinf: Robin
-FSmash (Levin sword)
-USmash (Levin sword)
-DSmash (Levin sword)
-FAir (Levin sword)
-BAir (Levin sword)
-UAir (Levin sword)
-DAir (Levin sword)
-Pummel
-Thunder (All spells)
-Thunder + (All spells)
-Speed Thunder (All spells)

:4rob: R.O.B.
-FSmash

:4megaman: Mega Man
-FSmash
-USmash

:4samus: Samus
-UThrow
-ZAir
-Charge Shot
-Dense Charge Shot
-Melee Charge Shot
-Screw Attack (finisher)
-Screw Rush (finisher)
-Apex Screw Attack (finisher)

:4zss: Zero Suit Samus
-USmash
-NAir
-FThrow
-ZAir
-Blast Shot
-Electromagnetic Net (weak hits)
-Plasma Whip (weak hits [whip tail])
-Plasma Dash (weak hits)
-Whip Lash

:4sheik: Sheik
-Penetrating Needles

:4wario2: Wario
-Corkscrew (Wario Man)
I think that's it. I'll get to testing more too.

Last edited:

Hyruled

Banned via Warnings
NNID
NSGHoenn90

We should make a spreadsheet of the %, Attack used, and timing (kinda hard to tell) to see more in depth how it works.

Wow, and here I thought it wouldnt be a long list.
This is a good thing because that means that even if this is restricted to electric attribute attacks, that means it won't be as gimmicky as you'd think. Of course after weeding out dumb things like Final Smashes, pummels and other things that don't apply final knockback, we're left with a smaller list, but still.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This is a good thing because that means that even if this is restricted to electric attribute attacks, that means it won't be as gimmicky as you'd think. Of course after weeding out dumb things like Final Smashes, pummels and other things that don't apply final knockback, we're left with a smaller list, but still.
If it's electric only, that improves the Pika MU quite a bit :3

at least xD

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
YAAAS
We should make a spreadsheet of the %, Attack used, and timing (kinda hard to tell) to see more in depth how it works.
This.
Do you think we could cancel Final Smashes? That'd be pretty funny.
PK... STAR STORRRMMM -lloid lloid lloid-

Too afraid to do this on FG...
Don't want it to be patchedddd ;__;

Last edited:

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Agreed, if I knew how to slow down replays enough to be able to count frames then I could see if the move was executed in the same frame after being hit each time.
It's probably possible to do this if you had a capture card that records in 60 fps :)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Agreed, if I knew how to slow down replays enough to be able to count frames then I could see if the move was executed in the same frame after being hit each time.
It's probably possible to do this if you had a capture card that records in 60 fps :)
Oh! Sounds really techie, but I own such a card! Maybe I could give the video file to someone with a good editing software or would I just upload to youtube and it gets slowed there orrr...? Maybe I upload to youtube, people download the video, analyze it better...?

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Oh! Sounds really techie, but I own such a card! Maybe I could give the video file to someone with a good editing software or would I just upload to youtube and it gets slowed there orrr...? Maybe I upload to youtube, people download the video, analyze it better...?
Oh, great! Feel free to do either, I have good editing software so if you could send it to me I can see what I can do.
Or you could post a link to the file on Dropbox so any of us can dig at it and get more accurate results :D
Then again YouTube is probably the easiest way. Your choice xD

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I wouldn't recommend youtube as IDK if it would still be 60 FPS after the download, dropbox is definitely better because its the raw file.
That being said, now it's just a matter of Sonsa being able to perform this interesting thing.

Go Sonsa, we believe in you!

MillionGoldMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MillGoldMan
3DS FC
4699-8722-4893
If you can upload the video anywhere i think i could analyze this quite in depth, so please try to upload.
But if i find myself doing this, i can also look into this as i have a 60 fps Capture card.

Also, ive been lurking around the villager forums alot recently, and im pretty new, so expect to see me in some forums :b:

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If you can upload the video anywhere i think i could analyze this quite in depth, so please try to upload.
But if i find myself doing this, i can also look into this as i have a 60 fps Capture card.

Also, ive been lurking around the villager forums alot recently, and im pretty new, so expect to see me in some forums :b:
@ Zerocakes Zerocakes has video, ask him to send it to you through the share replays, then you can save it with the capture card and analyze it x3

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh wow, I've tried, fighting Pikachu and all...getting a wii u replay would be easier but I can keep trying! MillionGoldMan might be faster than me though! Make sure to record multiple times with multiple focuses and angles!

MillionGoldMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MillGoldMan
3DS FC
4699-8722-4893
Ive not got much luck with this yet. I'm having to use my gamepad to control other than a GameCube controller as my current one is broke and I have one coming tommorow.

EDIT: well, thats my test ruined after my brother dropped the gamepad onto my chairs wheel and smashed the screen. 3DS is my last resort so i cant record it

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ive not got much luck with this yet. I'm having to use my gamepad to control other than a GameCube controller as my current one is broke and I have one coming tommorow.

EDIT: well, thats my test ruined after my brother dropped the gamepad onto my chairs wheel and smashed the screen. 3DS is my last resort so i cant record it
that....is majorly unfortunate x.x

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
My replay is on 3DS for those who didn't know, but if I remember correctly the person who recorded the one seen in the OP has the replay of theirs. :) I'm not sure if you can record 3DS replays in 60fps on a capture card, but if so then I'm happy to share mine.

Last edited:

MillionGoldMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MillGoldMan
3DS FC
4699-8722-4893
My replay is on 3DS for those who didn't know, but if I remember correctly the person who recorded the one seen in the OP has the replay :)of theirs. I'm not sure if you can record 3DS replays in 60fps on a capture card, but if so then I'm happy to share mine.
I have a decent setup to record 3DS, but its not a capture card

captain clutch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch_Captain
3DS FC
4167-5308-5514
Hmm actually since this is brought up. I do remember facing a little Mac once, trying to predict the KO punch so I could use pocket's invincibility frames. I mistimed it, but as I was holding B, the KO punch just pushed me (like a windbox) and it wasn't a weak windbox either.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Hmm actually since this is brought up. I do remember facing a little Mac once, trying to predict the KO punch so I could use pocket's invincibility frames. I mistimed it, but as I was holding B, the KO punch just pushed me (like a windbox) and it wasn't a weak windbox either.
Did you get hurt?

Cuz it may have just beena a whiff, the KO punch whiff has quite a good windbox.

Top Bottom