• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Living on the edge -skler

cjugs

Smash Ace
Skler sorta coined that phrase, but i read his guide and i still have the most horrible time with it i've mastered sklering (double jump waveland double jump bombpull regrab edge) but i get destroyed when i try to use any of the ledge hoping stuff can link do it while he's invincible? and the double jumping dpesnt; work for me either thats my worst thing about me right now i can't stand up i feel horrible all i do is hit Y R or A to get back onto the stage i have found that if i have a bomb that's a good way to get off the ledge tho. What do you guys do?

Skler

Smash Master
You need to do it very fast. Link is only "stuck" on the edge for 3 frames, if you aren't jumping after 3 frames you're wasting invincibility. If done perfectly you should be capable of jumping up and having any of your aerials come out before that invincibility is gone (you can also waveland up and maybe get your jab out before it ends too).

Ledgehopped fairs (again, done quickly) are incredibly safe and reach far. You should use that as your default ledgehop due to its incredible range and only change it if they're above you, staying out of range and baiting it or aren't even close. Just learn how to do it quickly and you'll take a lot of people by surprise.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Ok so I just read what sklering is. It is a great technique in the sense that it puts a bomb in your hand. But ultimately not very useful on a grand scale. No disrespect to the move because I use from time to time and if you're really wanting to learn to do it simply practice continuous wavelanding on the edge. Along with sklering, you can also choosing to land on you opponent with a dair. I have a yoshi main who I often edge hop against and when he creeps in to gimp me, I'll jump on the ledge, slide back, jump up and come down on him with a dair

Also nairs and fair are great to jump onto the ledge with as Skler mentioned

Top Bottom