• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live Streaming! Watch someone play, info inside

Revak

Smash Apprentice
instructions:

Get latest winamp, this is required.
Download Peercast http://210.224.181.26/peercast-vp/peercast-VP0026.zip
Run it with the .exe

Go to http://kp.podzone.net/, click on the first link at the bottom (チャンネル一覧)

Now the bananas on the side are what you click on to view that persons stream. Since I cant read Japanese (and Im guessing you cant) you might have to just go down the list and look for someone who has a SSBB stream up.

Edit: And lastly to add a little more clarification from Thino :bee:
Thino said:
the tag to watch is スマブラ or スマブラx if you got eastern languages installed

there are way more strings in the morning and not only TC's one so if you get 404s , the stream is down try another one
A little picture for 100% clarification (hopefully! :laugh:)

Edit: One last note here from Tabris and I agree,
One of the main reasons why the streams are lagging is because people will connect without having downloaded and opened peercast. So they'll be leeching from the stream, and if multiple people do this, the person who is streaming the video will not have the upload speed to handle the amount of requested bandwidth and you'll get lag.
Use peercast and please don't limit your upload speed with a program or anything. Otherwise the stream will probably die and nobody can watch. ;)

Final note 2, when do click a stream a blank page will open up in your browser, and then Peercast should say finding channel and hopefully Winamp will open up on its own (unless you already have it open) and start the stream. Once it does it is okay to close that blank page. (For Winamp, not sure about WMP)

NigmaNoname

Smash Rookie
I was about to post this. My post:
As you all know, some Japanese guy got a hold of Brawl and is leaking all sorts of juicy info (So far from what I've seen, Luigi confirmed, and all the characters from the intro video thats on youtube right now)

STEP 1
DOWNLOAD WINAMP (Google it)

STEP 2
DOWNLOAD Peercast
http://210.224.181.26/peercast-vp/peercast-VP0026.zip

STEP 3
Open the live feed link here
http://localhost:7144/pls/88689F2D1564141E902B94F7A4E4548F?tip=219.102.129.139:7144

:chuckle:

PS: Zelda Darkworld theme confirmed, it's rad.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
Stream went down some minutes ago (just like this site is doing, EXTREME LAG!) but hopefully it will be up again

Revak

Smash Apprentice
Such a shame he stopped it. Well amazing stuff watching him play, Brawl looks really smooth and nice graphics for Wii.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
too bad it isnt as good as the last stream. I had no loading issues with that one. This one stops every few seconds.....

Electricwind

Smash Rookie
can someone please screen record this and post on another site. For some reason it says i'm unable to connect.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
can someone please screen record this and post on another site. For some reason it says i'm unable to connect.
Srry for the dbl post

Anyway it would be pointless, hes being a douche and just playing music from the music test menu.

Ill try to screen cap it.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
Yeah if you cant get it to work keep at it. Hes been doing music for the past 20 minutes. Theres still hope though.

Electricwind

Smash Rookie
that other link worked but your right all he's doing is sitting in the music section. It seems to me that if someone had brawl they'd want to play it non stop.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
i dont mind the music...brawls gonna be awesome;....this music is too awesome...

im content with this...i dont want it to be tooo much leakage lol

i perfer this music

veil222

Smash Journeyman
He might be leaving it up 24/7 as a courtesy, thought it would be a good idea to leave it on the music select screen while he's afk as a nice touch.... like a preview channel or a web-cast that's currently off-air.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Oh man cmon. Do something already! btw I cant screen cap it because its a stream....its weird. I dont know of a program that'll let me either...

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
okay, can someone help me out? I did all of those steps, but it won't open. I have peercast running and I clicked on the stream link and nothing is happening. Maybe I'm just being ********, I'm probably doing something wrong.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Some people think this guy is doing this while the real, cooler stream is shown to the japanese gamers.....

Basically a diversion.....keeps us busy while they discuss the game!

veil222

Smash Journeyman
I don't have my hiragana/katakana/kanji package installed anymore or I'd be searching for a channel myself ><

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
When I try to view it in Winamp, it just says Error syncing stream. I don't know, maybe I'm just doing this completely wrong.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
Yeah its down, Im off to bed so I won't be updating if a new one arises. Yeesh, so much info in a short amount of hours!

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
thanks for posting this....NOT. first of all its winamp. and also now everyone who is streaming this video is defiantly getting lag. That does not make for a good captured video for me to watch conveniently on Youtube. again i thank you. Good night.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
It hasn't been working for me for awhile, I did watch a lot earlier today though. He might have taken it down while he's not playing or it might have either moved/gone away permanently.

Srules

Smash Apprentice
I was watching it this morning, he finished all star mode, then built a new stage, than did some online matches. Some matches didn't have items, some did. He also tried out team battles online. After a while he just stopped. He probably beat the game and decided to take a break. Everything was very exciting though.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
I edited the first post, now that Brawl is out there are usually a few up at a time over the course of the 5 pages. Just click and look at them all and try to find one.

Thino

Smash Master
I just want to clear things up :

now that game's is out there is not only one , this morning there where 17 ssbb streams

the tag to watch is スマブラ or スマブラx if you got eastern languages installed

there are way more strings in the morning and not only TC's one so if you get 404s , the stream is down try another one

there plenty of them in the morning now theres only one lol

Top Bottom