• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac's running speed on par with Sonic's?

Shudouken

Smash Rookie
Just looked at all the trailers again, they sure seem to have about the same exreme running speed.
Sonic even seems a bit slower when not spin dashing

Discuss

Weeginji

Smash Cadet
I don't think we've actually seen Sonic do enough running in this game to judge his speed. Not only that, but wouldn't making another character as fast as him be kind of...disrespectful? If anything, they'd probably speed up Sonic even more to make up for it. Now THAT'S something to think about.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sonic needs to stay as the fastest runner, since that's what makes him very unique from the other fighters.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Nah, you're exaggerating. Sonic should/is/will always be the fastest character, he seems as fast as C. Falcon and we haven't exactly seen him (Sonic) running.
Anyway, the game looks faster than before or is it just me?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I agree, I think that Mac is on par with Captain Falcon, not Sonic.
Sonic not being the fastest character in the game wouldn't feel right.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
He looks fast, but Sonic is still way faster than him. His running speed looks to be about on par with Captain Falcon's, if not slightly faster, though it's hard to really make any sort of comparison.

Morbi

Scavenger
As many have asserted, Mac looks more on par with Captain Falcon. Sonic's unique aspect included in Smash is his speed (it sure isn't his move-set). That being said, Captain Falcon from Melee is about as fast as Sonic from Brawl, you can feel the difference, but they both look really fast.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know but I LOVE the fact that they kept his assist trophy speed. I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up being a glass cannon character though, especially with them implying he has a terrible recovery.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know but I LOVE the fact that they kept his assist trophy speed. I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up being a glass cannon character though, especially with them implying he has a terrible recovery.
I didn't even notice that he was utilizing his assist trophy speed. I am even more impressed... but yeah, I could see Little Mac as a glass cannon character. They obviously gave him excellent speed to enhance his ground game.

Top Bottom