• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I hope he's not so weak in the air that he can't even overcome. That means there would probably be no reason to ever jump with him unless you want to catch someone falling on a platform to tech chase. Anti-air moves are gonna be super key for him. That along with knowing when to use super armor to blow by moves. Either way I'm super excited to main him.
After playing many, many matches as Little Mac, there are a few ways I've found to deal with being in the air.

1. Side B - The Jolt Haymaker: it gives ya a little boost and doesn't suck in the air like all of his A-moves. You either scare the opponent away to get to the ground or they dodge it/get hit, which also allows for a safe landing.

2. Up B - Corkscrew Uppercut Thing: I went out of my way many times to follow people into the air as Little Mac to do this move, as it kills at 80-90% on most characters if the final hit lands. This is an amazing AA tool, and probably Little Mac's best one.

While he has these couple of viable options, it's silly to try and constantly be in the air as this character. The Up B is the only move that I would purposely jump in the air to do at any point in time.

So I just found out that Jolt Haymaker spikes. :3

I know it's going to be really hard to land this in 1v1 matches, but it's great to know!
I was told this as I was playing, and I spent a few matches trying to spike with it. Since the move sends you into free-fall, I haven't found a reliable way to hit the opponent while also surviving (as spiking over a ledge is obviously the point to spiking).

I quickly gave up on even seeing if it did spike, as I was trying to find the best general tactics to use as Little Mac. Do you have a link to a video where I can see this in action? :awesome:

I'm still trying to figure out what could be the best possible way of not getting knocked out so far that I can't get back on the ledge, and if I do get knocked off, how to get back. Too bad his recovery is only vertical movement and no horizontal.
His Side B is a decent horizontal recovery option. While it's not amazing, it's better than nothing. The best thing to do to prevent being knocked out too far is to not be silly when using him by trying to do a ton of aerial stuff. Stay on the ground and rush down your opponent that way.

----------

Right now Mac is my main in this game. It took a few matches to adapt to his unique play style, but once I figured that out I wrecked many, many people as this character. He's so fun! :joyful:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884

ChubbStep112801

Smash Rookie
Double Post
It would be great if in Sm4sh you had to start out as the original 12 and unlock everyone else :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Of course that will never happen:sadsheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
FD version of the boxing stage level, i think this is one of my favorite FD stages.
It also looks awesome but simple enough to be an awesome competitive stage

Attachments

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It would be great if in Sm4sh you had to start out as the original 12 and unlock everyone else :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Of course that will never happen:sadsheep:
I agree to a certain extent; however, I would like to start playing as Little Mac the moment I boot up the game.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wouldn't mind either way. However Mac has been the first newcomer I said I wanted to play as, so even if unlockable, I'll probably just wait to play as him.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Projectile invincibility doesn't exist in Smash. It's just straight up invincible on both ground and air versions. At least in the E3 demo.
Oh sweet! I'd only seen it avoid megaman's blast.

Ugh, playing other fighting games has scrambled my bran it seems.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
Here, some little mac things, i'm honestly a tad disappointed by the wireframe knockoffs cause they look rather weird.. But I got the pink jumpsuit and some awesome other colours so i can't complain
little mac.jpg

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
Yeah Zipzo said he has 8 colors of his normal self (so a Major Circuit color is guaranteed lol) and 8 with his wireframe and hoodie alt.
that's so awesome to hear!
I guess we will get a regular version of the super punch out clothes as well then

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think there's like 6 wireframe ones and 2 hoodies ones. Not sure though, Zipzo didn't really specify.
I hope there is 2 hoodie ones, a red hoodie to look a little like Doc would be cool.

it would probably be green though

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Why does every video I watch with Mac, he keeps dying because he use Haymaker near the ledge?

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I was looking through the topic and I found this little nugget of comedy gold. Not only are these some hilariously bad reasonings (except Goku. What he said for him made sense), but 3/5 characters in this list, including #1, have made it into the game. Not only were these some horrible choices, but I can't believe he didn't put Goku at #1. It would have saved him at least some embarrassment.
Great work, buddy. You've made a fool of yourself. I hope you're happy:4littlemac::4pacman::substitute:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
UPDATE!

Finally updating the thread with new info from the Japanese release.
There are still some things missing, like a little more info on his Forward Smash varieties (up-tilted and down-tilted).

Hope you guys enjoy. BTW, all the new pics were taken from Serebii.net.

Anything else you guys think I should add? Please feel free to tell me.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
His up angled FSmash is a rushing uppercut while his down angled FSmash is a body blow.

feeojo

Smash Rookie
Hi every1, I just signed up! I never played as Mac but Im spending lots of time on the forums these days and wanted to sum up all the tips I've gathered so we may found out which ones are really true or add more to it. Just want to be well prepared!

GOOD MOVES:

-dash + Usmash (quick to punish)
-dash + grab (mind game)
-dash + shield + Fsmash (if opponent is attacking)
-up-tilted Fsmash (combo into up special)
-down tilted Fsmash + Ftilt (deals more damage + safe on block at max range)
-FTilt (rack up damage + safe on block if max range)
-Jab (rack up damage)

COMBOS:
-(from 0%): grab - pummel twice - down throw (sends up) - dash Usmash
-(low %): down tilt (stun) - forward tilt - up tilt or Usmash
-(20% +):down tilt + KO

STRATEGIES:

-opens up with jabs, tilts (armor or push back shield), and throws (Dont approach using smashes)
-use USmash vs short hops + anti air
-short hop KO uppercut (edge guard) / down tilt + KO uppercut
-Counter / dodge when in air/thrown off
-Roll dodging + dashing is a must
-Use super armor when edge guarding
-Side special (best aerial move) can be ended early by repressing
-activate neutral special before full charge
-use Fsmash during opponent attack (risk reward)

Any input is appreciated, thanks! Hope this will help any1 too!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
His up angled FSmash is a rushing uppercut while his down angled FSmash is a body blow.
Thanks! I'll add it to the Moveset section.

Hi every1, I just signed up! I never played as Mac but Im spending lots of time on the forums these days and wanted to sum up all the tips I've gathered so we may found out which ones are really true or add more to it. Just want to be well prepared!

GOOD MOVES:

-dash + Usmash (quick to punish)
-dash + grab (mind game)
-dash + shield + Fsmash (if opponent is attacking)
-up-tilted Fsmash (combo into up special)
-down tilted Fsmash + Ftilt (deals more damage + safe on block at max range)
-FTilt (rack up damage + safe on block if max range)
-Jab (rack up damage)

COMBOS:
-(from 0%): grab - pummel twice - down throw (sends up) - dash Usmash
-(low %): down tilt (stun) - forward tilt - up tilt or Usmash
-(20% +):down tilt + KO

STRATEGIES:

-opens up with jabs, tilts (armor or push back shield), and throws (Dont approach using smashes)
-use USmash vs short hops + anti air
-short hop KO uppercut (edge guard) / down tilt + KO uppercut
-Counter / dodge when in air/thrown off
-Roll dodging + dashing is a must
-Use super armor when edge guarding
-Side special (best aerial move) can be ended early by repressing
-activate neutral special before full charge
-use Fsmash during opponent attack (risk reward)

Any input is appreciated, thanks! Hope this will help any1 too!
Thank you for your input. It's great to have people generating strategies for our boy Mac.
This will certainly come in handy. I haven't even touched the game, and I already see myself doing these. :D

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE FALCON PUNCH GETS THE POWER OF MAC'S KO PUNCH!?

Little Mac players, team up with Falcon players. You will break the game with all that power.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Seeing 60fps footage of him and you know his animations are actually...really nice. Guess it was the low framerate that made him look so janky lol. Should've figured.
It's exaggerated still for a boxer, but I don't mind it. So smooth.

And he looks really fun to boot. Wonder if a basic boxing mindset is what I need to use him properly.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE FALCON PUNCH GETS THE POWER OF MAC'S KO PUNCH!?

Little Mac players, team up with Falcon players. You will break the game with all that power.
Good grief...that was painful to watch...I even felt it too. lol

Top Bottom