• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac reveal trailer: What else did it show us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
As always with these trailers, there's a bit of info we can get from the footage beyond the new character. So what was some of the stuff you guys saw?

I noticed/was interested by what is presumably the "real" design of the Punch Out!! Stage, and also the ledges of stages in general. MAYBE I'm not remember just how magnetic ledges in Brawl were, but to me it seemed like Mac fell down to his death in that trailer when he probably would've survived in Brawl.

Anyway, thoughts on those two things? Anything else you guys saw?

Last edited:

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
Did you notice how quick Little Mac died in the scene with WFT at the Mega Man stage? Maybe it was adjusted for the trailer...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Did you notice how quick Little Mac died in the scene with WFT at the Mega Man stage? Maybe it was adjusted for the trailer...
Do you mean his fall speed? It does seem quicker than others, which I guess makes sense for him being a super fast looking character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One minor thing, Wii Fit trainer's pushups don't begin immediately after she crouches.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
During his special attacks, Mac had /insane/ amounts of invincibility. Especially those counters against Samus.

Last edited:

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
Yeah I'm looking at it again and it looks like the scene is cut. WFT kinda pops into place after Mac falls from our sight

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Little mac has quick rolls, and attacks quickly out of those rolls. I'm thinking that rolls will be able to be acted out of a lot quicker in this game.
(and also i'm not sure if anyone noticed little mac was grabbing marth, and he also has really good super armor during some of his attacks)

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
During his special attacks, Mac had /insane/ amount of invincibility. Especially those counters against Samus.
I noticed it most against Link's spin attack actually, but yeah. That super armor is crazy.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
One more thing about the invincibility thing, he'll still takes damage, just has a better priority over moves.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Oh, it seems the power meter next to Mac's damage charges due to being hit and/or by time.
What it looked like to me is that it only builds up from taking damage when he's attacking. Idk, in the scene where they show the meter he seems to be charging up an attack the entire time.

Also some one mentioned the Lloid rocket... which looks disappointingly slow, hopefully it speeds up with charging.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Under the assumption that music used in trailers is part of the soundtrack we got to listen to the awesome SSB4 version of the training theme. (kinda disappointed that they didn't use the minor circuit theme but no big deal)

Last edited:

Kef

Smash Apprentice
- Side-B goes through projectiles and looks like a good horizontal recovery tool.
- Tons of armor on his attacks (probably is level based like Akihiko in P4A)
- Jabs are quick and lead into rapid-fire ender. Interesting part about this is that it looked like he ended those rapid punches with another ender afterwards.
- His dash animation is badass and makes him go really low to the ground.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Maybe its just my perception, but Mario's fireballs appear to travel farther.

Dott

Smash Ace

1:18 my god that speed, if he can charge the K.O uppercut you are already dead.
1:22 dodge and hit, can evade proyectiles like nothing
1:33 can enter on an ¿attack zone? and connect a hit

Also the speed of the game is way faster than brawl or it's just me?

Last edited:

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Oh, did anyone notice that Bowser's damage meter was 231% @1:47 of the trailer? How the heck did Bowser build up that much damage within seconds?!

Mega Man's Buster only deal about 5-8% of damage per shot, but still!!

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Just realized something pretty depressing, Mega man's blaster did 2% damage to bowser each blast (there were 3 shots) and basically had the fox laser effect in not actually flinching the enemy. I hope this isn't a change from his appearance at e3, or that the blaster deals knockback at higher percents/bowser's super armor shenanigans stopped knockback.

Last edited:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
1:12 The boxing ring stage has a large playable area outside the ropes.
1:25 Villager's Lloid Rocket.
1:31 Little Mac runs low enough to go under Mario's bouncing fireballs.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Still, that damage at 1:47!!
Took a few tries to pause it at the right moment, but yeah o.o that's crazy. I'm curious how exactly that attack works then, because it seems crazy powerful and not entirely difficult to pull off.

D

Deleted member

So no ones going to point out Link's on ground B+UP was shown?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Don't get me wrong, Mac's trailer was awesome and I think SSB4 looks amazing as a whole, but there's just one thing bothering me: non-directional (i.e. Brawl's) air-dodges.

Though this might be changed in the final version, it just seems less and less likely as the character trailers showing these air-dodges accumulate.
I'm not saying that Smash 4 can't be good with non-directional air-dodges: it might end up being a great game regardless. I just think Brawl's air-dodges take away an important part of the mobility and character control that would otherwise add to the complexity and, possibly, the quality of the game.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The emblem on the boxing ring now says "World Circuit." Might be the official name of the stage.
That's what I'm wondering. I mean are we just not gonna see it as a generic Smash stage now? Maybe it's an Alfonzo-like situation where it changes if Little Mac is playing on it.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
That's what I'm wondering. I mean are we just not gonna see it as a generic Smash stage now? Maybe it's an Alfonzo-like situation where it changes if Little Mac is playing on it.
I doubt that. I'm pretty sure Sakurai revealed the stage back at E3 because it was ideal for cool screencaps and just withheld the WVBA and Punch-Out insignias until Mac's reveal. Pretty sure it's a straight-up Punch-Out stage.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I doubt that. I'm pretty sure Sakurai revealed the stage back at E3 because it was ideal for cool screencaps and just withheld the WVBA and Punch-Out insignias until Mac's reveal. Pretty sure it's a straight-up Punch-Out stage.
Yeah that's probably the case. Kinda hope we have a choice though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh, did anyone notice that Bowser's damage meter was 231% @1:47 of the trailer? How the heck did Bowser build up that much damage within seconds?!

Mega Man's Buster only deal about 5-8% of damage per shot, but still!!
Its definitely a fast forward time lapse of Mega Man just beating on Bowser

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
While this behind-the-back camera angle is supposed to be reminiscent of how the Punch-Out games are to be played, I wonder if camera angles will be more dynamic and versatile when we pause the game and take snap-shots. With Brawl and Melee, you could only view at angles.

This picture is probably just for promotional purposes, but it would be great if we could have this option for a different take on action shots.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
While this behind-the-back camera angle is supposed to be reminiscent of how the Punch-Out games are to be played (specifically Punch-Out Wii with Donkey Kong being Mac's opponent), I wonder if camera angles will be more dynamic and versatile when we pause the game and take snap-shots. With Brawl and Melee, you could only view at angles.

This picture is probably just for promotional purposes, but it would be great if we could have this option for a different take on action shots.
Yeah the angles were to "protect" us from seeing the awkward black void on some stages, but I'm hopeful they've made it so that the camera can pan around and see more things when paused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom