• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List your top 5 most wanted characters in ssb4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Porky (With 4 legs from his machine attached to him Dr. Octopus style)
4. Genesect
5. Bowser Jr.

Ridley is the only character I'm incredibly desperate for, and has always been, he's my favorite Nintendo character, and favorite video game character by a long mile. King K. Rool and Mewtwo Bowser Jr. would be great inclusions, but I wouldn't get all sad if they don't make it in. Anything beyond that is just wishful thinking.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I
1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Porky (With 4 legs from his machine attached to him Dr. Octopus style)
5. Genesect

Ridley is the only character I'm incredibly desperate for, and has always been, he's my favorite Nintendo character, and favorite video game character by a long mile. King K. Rool and Mewtwo would be great inclusions, but I wouldn't get all sad if they don't make it in. Anything beyond that is just wishful thinking.
I probly should have said newcomers because mewtwo would be on my list as well lol.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
1. Karate Joe
2. King K. Rool
3. Layton (far off though)
4. Ganon
5. Little Mac

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I
I probly should have said newcomers because mewtwo would be on my list as well lol.
Aren't making it much easier then, gonna fix it either way though. It's hard when you have just about every character you want except the most important one :p

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Aren't making it much easier then, gonna fix it either way though. It's hard when you have just about every character you want except the most important one :p
As for ridley I know how you feel, Ive wanted him ever since I saw him in the melee trailer (back then i didnt know what metroid was) he looked so cool and now that I know about him the more boss he becomes.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
1. Shulk
2. Isaac
3. Fawful
4. Chibi Robo
5. Ridley (not a huge Metroid player...but Ridley looks like he'd be cool to play as)

You can see them in my sig also though.

Edit: Just noticed Mewtwo isn't eligible.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
1. Paper Mario. I grew up with Paper Mario 2, so I have a lot of fond memories with this game series.

2. Bowser Jr. Another character that is attached to my childhood.

3. Palutena. Such an enjoyable character.

4. Lucina. Fire Emblem characters are never this awesome.

5. Shulk. I need more British accents in my Smash Bros.

Morbi

Scavenger
1. Skyward Sword Zelda (this entails the possibility of Impa)
2. Wolf
3. Mewtwo
4. Black Shadow
5. Lucina (I already realize it isn't practical)

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
1. Claus/Masked Man.
2. Lyn.
3. Majora's Mask Link
4. Shulk
5. Bowser Jr.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hah! This one's easy!

1. King K. Rool
2. Little Mac
3. Mewtwo
4. Takamaru
5. Ridley

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I "liked' MorbidAltruism's post so that every post in this thread has a like. :shades:

Someone like this post too. :troll:

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
1). Shulk
2). Isaac

At this point these are the characters whose chances I'm actually worried about. If neither of them make it in I'll be sad.

3). Little Mac

Similarly to Mega Man I have the utmost confidence in Little Mac's chances so I'm not concerned about his odds.

4). Lloyd Irving
5). Geno

As long as two of the first three on my list can make it in I'll be happy with Smash, these last two would just be surprising bonuses though I do recognize that their chances are incredibly shaky at best.

D

Deleted member

#1 Shulk
#2 Palutena
#3 Robin (FEA's Tactician/Avatar)
#4 Ridley
#5 Dark Pit (using other KIU's weapons than Pit)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
3. Layton (far off though)

1) Ridley
2) Newtwo
3) Lil' Mac
4) Krystal
5) The restKamek the Magikoopa

Honorable mentions - DK Rep/FE rep WITHOUT a sword, or at least that's not male.

1) Ridley's a bit obvious, I've been a Metroid lover since I first played the games. And was absolutely thrilled at the sight of him in the Melee intro/the thought of him being playable. Obviously I've dealt with the years of hardship (pre-Brawl days R.I.D.L.E.Y./WoR master race), but I still persist in dreaming of a day where the biggest concern is what color alt looks best on him. I could go on forever, but just click the 8-bit Ridley in my sig to see the fruition of our work, including arguments that I myself was up until the wee hours of the morn debunking.

2) I realize you explicitly said newcomers only, implying 'veteran' characters shouldn't be listed. However, I'd very honestly prefer a reworked/designed Mewtwo rather than a copy/paste of Melee Mewtwo (who I loved playing as, for the record). This doesn't necessarily mean I want him in his new forme (which I honestly wouldn't mind one way or the other) with a completely different moveset, but rather I hope they'll make him more true to the series, and have him as a justifiable new character. Of course I'd still hope they keep certain aspects, such as the trademarked Shadow Ball/Claw.

3) I'm not even sure when my Lil' Mac appreciation truly started, myself. I grew up watching my brothers play the all the classic games, up until Super-Punch-Out!!!, and always had a soft-spot for the series even before Mac's Assist Trophy debut and remake. Playing the remake with my brothers only solidified my desire to play as him in Smash. And I figure now's as good a time as ever to make his way onto the roster.

4) While staying true to both my personal desires, and the majority of my pre-Brawl hype, I realize Krystal is nowhere near as relevant these days as I'd like to think. That said, I still honestly believe I'd rather see her than several other newcomers. The unique moveset potential is still there, and personal bias aside (I don't label either side of the "fanbase" in the wrong, though I acknowledge that it certainly has been annoying putting up with them), I think she's still one of better suggestions from her series. Granted, I don't know how well 4 StarFox characters would work out considering much more popular series still have less, and I don't actually want neither Falco or Wolf removed for her (see MorbidAltruism's THEY'RE NOT JUST CLONES OF FOX rant here), but I'd still be just as sad if she didn't make it this time around. StarFox is probably my favorite Smash series aside from Metroid (mained Fox in/since 64), so I guess you could consider this my "wishful" character.

5) Ah where to begin. I actually ran the Kamek support thread in pre-Brawl days, if anyone can remember that far back. Shouldn't come as much of a surprise that I still support him now. I would consider him a Yoshi rep, and the only plausible one at that (he's the antagonist, anyone saying Bowser/Jr. are is just arguing semantics. AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE BOSHI IS NOT A YOSHI REP). I've always been intrigued by the concept of a dark magic user as a playable character in a game like Smash, ever since the first game. Ganondorf actually further made me wish such a character would exist, since he himself lay torn between dark magic, swordplay, and being a hairier/heavier Captain Falcon. Kamek himself has been a significantly important part of both the Yoshi and Mario series, being Bowser's most prominent right-hand minion of choice, and serving as a caretaker for the Koopa Clan in general, and basically being the guy behind the guy/the one who makes the plot possible in the first place (we all know how fun fighting a non-giant regular Koopa as a boss is). I feel like Yoshi as a series itself needs more love, what with the series having 2-3 games in between every Smash release and the new Yoshi's Island 3DS coming out soon, it should have a roster addition to at least reflect it's becoming more prominent (and kinda seems pointless to just have 1 representative justify a whole series/unique theme/icon for a series established by/in the FIRST GAME).

Lastly, my honorable mentions were mainly because I myself can't really decide who I'd prefer (Dixie or K. Rool for DK, Lyn/Micaiah/Tharja/Anna/SOMEONE WITH MAGIC OR AT LEAST AN AXE OR SOMETHING for FE, rather than just the latest flavor of the month Awakening character or fan-favorite "semi" clones (again, I'd be okay with certain people returning if they were unique))

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
vets:
marth
falco
captain falcon
ganondorf
sonic

non vets:
king k rool
black shadow (f zero)
girahim
demise
shadow (from sonic... probs wont ever happen)

honorable mention: krystal

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Ridley
K.Rool
Impa (as a separate character, not Sheik's replacement)
Kamek
Simon Belmont

(In no particular order).

Keto

Smash Journeyman
1. King K Rool
2. Sandbag (Playable)
3. Bubsy
4. Bowser Jr.
5. Mewtwo (6th Gen Form)

Reznor

work in progress
1. Fawful
2. Ridley
3. Paper Mario
4. Baby Bowser (not Bowser Jr.)
5. new Mewtwo form

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
In order:

1. Lucina
2. Isaac
3. Shulk
4. Little Mac
5. Palutena

The fifth one switches all the time.

Hong

The Strongest
I was told to post here.

1) Chrom and Lucina
2) Ninten
3) Mach Rider
4) Isa Jo
5) Valkyrie

Groose

Smash Champion
1) King K. Rool---one of my favorite video game villains from my childhood; great moveset potential; fits in a Smash game.

2) Ridley--- Bigpurplefreakingfdragon. 'nuff said.

3) Pac-Man---The biggest icon of video gaming. He would have a decent, but certainly not extraordinary, moveset.

4) Palutena--- actually, I'd prefer Pyrrhon as my Kid Icarus rep, but since that's not going to happen, I give the nod to the Lady Palutena. Uprising is my favorite 3DS game and it needs a second rep.

5) Tingle--- I'm rather torn between him and Ghirahim, but I give Tingle the nod because he's just so... awesome.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
1. Karate Joe
2. Little Mac
3. Jimmy T
4. Sami
5. Elite Beat Agents

Elite Beat Agents would've been higher if they had even a tiny chance. ;_;

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
1) Little Mac- I always loved the Punch-Out!! Series and he has a bigger movepool than you think
2) Starfy- After Brawl informed me of his existence and the fifth installment came out in North America I fell in love :3
3) Mewtwo- My fondest memory of Smash Bros was unlocking Mewtwo in Melee with my friends! I comeback/ VI Gen representation fits perfectly Sakurai! (And mke him better too :3)
4) Pac-Man- Honestly, if WFT can get a moveset then so can Pac-Man! Considering his continuing relevancy/ Namco team/ Face of gaming/ ability to fit in with Smash makes him a cool addition
5) Dillon- Well, this is kinda cheating considering I haven't played any of his games yet xD but Dillon looks cool, unique, is modern, and an eshop rep would be different! All for him!

RODO

Smash Ace
There are too many that I want but here it goes:

1. Little Mac
2. Shulk
3. Travis Touchdown
4. King K. Rool
5. Ridley

Some Kid Icarus Uprising characters would be welcome as well

Igneous42

Smash Ace
1. Ridley

2. Chrom
Lucina would be just as fine with me but I think Chrom is a lot more realistic

3. Dark Samus
Unlikely I know but I'd love to see some credit towards the Prime games, kinda pisses me off actually that after three great games Samus was still based on her Super Metroid look for Brawl Other M comes out and is just awful yet they still use that look in the Wiiu/3DS version

4. Isaac

5. Priam
I know this a 0% chance of happening but there were no rules against 5 most wanted probable characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom