• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Found another one; Pedal Glider from Pilotwings Resort, in the 2nd match. I believe it's a remix from Wii U.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something I'd like to add to this thread is that the following songs have been confirmed to be the short edits from Smash 3DS/Wii U as opposed to their full versions:

1. DK Rap [Melee remix] - Donkey Kong 64
2. Gaur Plain [Original] - Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Gaur Plain (Night) [Original] - Xenoblade Chronicles
4. An Obstacle in Our Path [Original] - Xenoblade Chronicles

The DK Rap can be heard in footage from the E3 Invitational while the Xenoblade songs are confirmed to be the short versions through Sound Test footage shown in the November 2018 Smash Bros. Direct when Xenoblade 2 songs are showcased, as the song lengths match with Smash Wii U.

As it appears the rest of Smash Wii U's short edits might make a return, I've started a campaign so the full versions of these songs can be patched into the game: please check this thread for more information. Thanks for the attention and I hope to see your support!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
PixelPasta PixelPasta in the OP it says that Battle Map 5 (twilight of the gods) is a remixed track? Is this true? If so, where's the video it plays in, I'm interested in hearing the song.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
we don't have any gameplay footage of it but we know it's there because of firsthand accounts. since it would probably just be called "Twilight of the Gods" if it were ported over, it's probably a new remix of the original gaiden version

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
we don't have any gameplay footage of it but we know it's there because of firsthand accounts. since it would probably just be called "Twilight of the Gods" if it were ported over, it's probably a new remix of the original gaiden version
The whole situation with remixes is really weird with Smash right now. On one hand, they can freely say that songs from games like Steven's theme are from Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire instead of RS, but I know there's already a Gaiden Remix from Smash 4 that goes by the original name.
Hearing that it is actually called Battle Map 5 gets me hyped, as given that's an NES song it's probably getting a remix.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Something I'd like to add to this thread is that the following songs have been confirmed to be the short edits from Smash 3DS/Wii U as opposed to their full versions:

1. DK Rap [Melee remix] - Donkey Kong 64
2. Gaur Plain [Original] - Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Gaur Plain (Night) [Original] - Xenoblade Chronicles
4. An Obstacle in Our Path [Original] - Xenoblade Chronicles

The DK Rap can be heard in footage from the E3 Invitational while the Xenoblade songs are confirmed to be the short versions through Sound Test footage shown in the November 2018 Smash Bros. Direct when Xenoblade 2 songs are showcased, as the song lengths match with Smash Wii U.

As it appears the rest of Smash Wii U's short edits might make a return, I've started a campaign so the full versions of these songs can be patched into the game: please check this thread for more information. Thanks for the attention and I hope to see your support!
Thanks for sharing this! Totally agree the full versions should be patched in.

I especially miss the full versions of Brinstar and Pollyanna.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
On one hand, they can freely say that songs from games like Steven's theme are from Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire instead of RS, but I know there's already a Gaiden Remix from Smash 4 that goes by the original name.
With Mila's Divine Protection from brawl, right? that's an interesting case because as far as i know there's no documented use of that name from before brawl (the official fire emblem gaiden soundtrack calls it Battle Map 3) but it's stuck as the official name even in echoes

i guess this must be a kind of "grandfather clause" thing. maybe they're also including twilight of the gods, and they decided to use the original name for disambiguation?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
With Mila's Divine Protection from brawl, right? that's an interesting case because as far as i know there's no documented use of that name from before brawl (the official fire emblem gaiden soundtrack calls it Battle Map 3) but it's stuck as the official name even in echoes

i guess this must be a kind of "grandfather clause" thing. maybe they're also including twilight of the gods, and they decided to use the original name for disambiguation?
I was talking about Fight 1, but yeah that song works to.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
on another note, looks like Inkoming! from splatoon 2 is confirmed. i'm glad they're not skimping out on splatoon 2 music, since most of the other content is based on splatoon 1

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thanks for sharing this! Totally agree the full versions should be patched in.

I especially miss the full versions of Brinstar and Pollyanna.
You're welcome!

And yeah, I definitely was a bit upset that Smash 3DS didn't have the full versions of Brinstar, Id (Purpose) and Gaur Plain. Hopefully, we can try and make a change.

By the way, I should be able to play the new Smash Ultimate demo in a week from now, so I'll see if I'm able to confirm any new song.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You're welcome!

And yeah, I definitely was a bit upset that Smash 3DS didn't have the full versions of Brinstar, Id (Purpose) and Gaur Plain. Hopefully, we can try and make a change.

By the way, I should be able to play the new Smash Ultimate demo in a week from now, so I'll see if I'm able to confirm any new song.
At the very least, I hope Sakurai gives us the extended versions of the songs within the first DLC update. I think that 2 minutes time limit is why even some remixes such as the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley sounds weird and rushed at parts.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At the very least, I hope Sakurai gives us the extended versions of the songs within the first DLC update. I think that 2 minutes time limit is why even some remixes such as the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley sounds weird and rushed at parts.
Yeah, but that 2 minute reason isn't very valid because a lot of songs, even in Smash 3DS/Wii U, still go over 2 minutes, some songs even being longer than cut songs in their original length.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
on another note, looks like Inkoming! from splatoon 2 is confirmed. i'm glad they're not skimping out on splatoon 2 music, since most of the other content is based on splatoon 1
Can anyone tell if this is a remix? I'm assuming its not, but I figured I'd check in with others since I can barely make it out.

I'm glad that a couple Splatoon 2 soundtracks have been confirmed though, that game has a killer soundtrack. Here's hoping for Deluge Dirge, one or both of Ink Theory's songs, and maybe if its not too recent, some of the Octo Expansion songs ("Fly Octo Fly" would be amazing for Smash!)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Really hoping Endolphin Surge is among the Splatoon 2 songs in the game. That's my favorite song!

Also hoping for more Johto-based music but going by the name "Gold/Silver Medley" it's probably best I don't put up too much hope.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Really hoping Endolphin Surge is among the Splatoon 2 songs in the game. That's my favorite song!
Yes! All of the OG Splatoon 2 turf war themes are amazing, but Endolphin Surge (along with Undertow) is a personal stand-out.

I'm guessing Splatoon 2 is in sort of similar situation to Tropical Freeze in Smash 4 - released too far into its development to get any new remixes, only a few ported songs. I don't have high hopes for Splatoon 2 remixes in the base game, but who knows, maybe Octolings will be one of the DLC characters with a handful of Splat 2 remixes?

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I was going to say that I could have SWORN I somehow saw "Into the Light" on a song list and thus we might actually even have octo expansion songs. but looking at the november direct where I thought I saw it, now I don't see anything. Must have just seen the song on youtube next to a smash video or a wish list, but if anyone else recalls somehow seeing it, I guess you could say (though I should state it's probably not there and I'm likely mistaken).

It does bring something to mind though: Will DLC tracks all be tied to the character and/or stage universe only? or could there be some miscellaneous songs in there? It's pretty unlikely every DLC character will be from a new universe so they're obviously going to be adding music to base universes anyway, but I wonder if a pack that maybe has a zelda character and stage also has maybe a Wario and Animal Crossing track?

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I was going to say that I could have SWORN I somehow saw "Into the Light" on a song list and thus we might actually even have octo expansion songs. but looking at the november direct where I thought I saw it, now I don't see anything. Most have just seen the song on youtube next to a smash video or a wish list, but if anyone else recalls somehow seeing it, I guess you could say (though I should state it's probably not there and I'm likely mistaken).

It does bring something to mind though: Will DLC tracks all be tied to the character and/or stage universe only? or could there be some miscellaneous songs in there? It's pretty unlikely every DLC character will be from a new universe so they're obviously going to be adding music to base universes anyway, but I wonder if a pack that maybe has a zelda character and stage also has maybe a Wario and Animal Crossing track?
If there is even a 1% chance there's an octo expansion song in Smash I'll be scouring the entire direct.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
If there is even a 1% chance there's an octo expansion song in Smash I'll be scouring the entire direct.
The thought's admirable, but again, I wouldn't wanna be responsible for wasted time: the part I was thinking of is when it showed the splatoon song list, and it wasn't there when I rechecked myself, so I don't think it'd be anywhere else in the direct

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
What's the song at 7:08 of this video? It shows Tsubasa from Fire Emblem X SMT so I'm hoping we could get music from that game.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i think it might be shadow dragon medley from brawl? correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, don't think it's Shadow Dragon Medley. All I can hear is percussion, and it doesn't seem to match any of the Fire Emblem songs we already know about. I listened to a handful of #FE songs as well and none of those sound like they match the beat either.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Wanted to clarify that the map page/bonus level is the official title for said remix of both tunes!

Meaning it's the same name given to when it was just a direct port back in brawl.

Mornal

Smash Cadet
New live stream from Belgium. Gives us a better look at Megaman 4 Medley (about 1 hour 45 min in), Title Theme - Animal Crossing (2 hours 49 minutes in), Delfino Plaza (3 hours in), Map Page/Bonus Level (3 hours 3 minutes in), what I'm pretty sure is FD (3 hours 7 minutes)

New songs shown:

Fragment of Hope from Hey! Pikmin. Going to guess it's a port.

Song of Storms from Brawl.

If I missed anything, it's likely in the gaps between matches where just audio is playing, because I didn't have time to go through that space.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
New songs shown:

Fragment of Hope from Hey! Pikmin. Going to guess it's a port.
Is that the Final Boss music?

If it is, it seems they're starting to put in the dramatic music from Pikmin. Really hoping for Pikmin 2's Boss Battle and the Plasm Wraith tracks.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Most of these are already listed, but this is every song in the Belgium stream.

Edit: Whoops, should've posted a link. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/334017702##

Battle! (Trainer) Pokemon Sun/ Pokemon Moon
Attack and Run
Yoshi's Tale
Gourmet Race (64)
Jungle Level (64)
Victory Road - Pokemon X / Pokemon Y
Brinstar (Melee)
Battle! (Trainer Battle) - Pokemon X / Pokemon Y
Mute City (The SNES version)
Mega Man 4 Medley
Main Theme - Lylat Wars (Melee)
Vampire Killer
Dragon Roost Island
Fragment of Hope
Ballad of the Goddess
Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros (Brawl)
Overworld Theme - The Legend of Zelda (Brawl)
Bathtime Theme
Tortimer Island Medley
Song of Storms
Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream
Athletic Theme - Super Mario World
Minor Circuit
Title Theme - Animal Crossing
Balloon Trip (3ds and Wii U)
Ice Climber (Brawl)
Delfino Plaze (Ultimate Remix)
The Map Page / Bonus Level
Ultimate Version of FD (I love this. It plays around the 3 hour mark.)
Splattack (OG)
Starwing Medley
Wrecking Crew Medley (Ultimate Remix)
Full Steam Ahead
Lost in Thoughts All Alone
Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros. 2 (Ultimate Remix)
Gang-Plank Galleon (Ultimate Remix)
Gourmet Race (Melee)
Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros. (OG)

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Belgian stream is great because we got lots of uninterrupted gameplay footage without commentary over top!

R O F L R O F L - thank you for the full list!

It sounds like Drill Man's theme is also a part of the Mega Man 4 Medley, which is awesome.
Glad to hear that the original Animal Crossing theme finally got remixed, it sounds pretty nice. The random banjo solo was an quite the surprise!
Delfino Plaza remix is great, love that mandolin soloing near the end.
Loving the SMB2 remix, I've been waiting for this one for a while and it sounds great!
And man oh man, I just love the new "Map Page / Bonus Level" remix. Probably one of my favourites in the whole game so far. Nice to have some more non-jungle David Wise songs.

Is that the Final Boss music?

If it is, it seems they're starting to put in the dramatic music from Pikmin. Really hoping for Pikmin 2's Boss Battle and the Plasm Wraith tracks.
I believe its the third phase of the final boss theme, yes.
I'm glad to see some of Pikmin's not-so-relaxing tunes too, a remix of the Pikmin 2 battle theme would be amazing!

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Is Fragment of Hope another Hey! Pikmin song?

EDIT: oh so it is!

EDIT2: Btw, in speaking of Medleys from before. Wasn't the F-ZERO Medley in a stream? Do we know what songs are covered in that medley?

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Most of these are already listed, but this is every song in the Belgium stream.

Edit: Whoops, should've posted a link. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/334017702##

Battle! (Trainer) Pokemon Sun/ Pokemon Moon
Attack and Run
Yoshi's Tale
Gourmet Race (64)
Jungle Level (64)
Victory Road - Pokemon X / Pokemon Y
Brinstar (Melee)
Battle! (Trainer Battle) - Pokemon X / Pokemon Y
Mute City (The SNES version)
Mega Man 4 Medley
Main Theme - Lylat Wars (Melee)
Vampire Killer
Dragon Roost Island
Fragment of Hope
Ballad of the Goddess
Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros (Brawl)
Overworld Theme - The Legend of Zelda (Brawl)
Bathtime Theme
Tortimer Island Medley
Song of Storms
Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream
Athletic Theme - Super Mario World
Minor Circuit
Title Theme - Animal Crossing
Balloon Trip (3ds and Wii U)
Ice Climber (Brawl)
Delfino Plaze (Ultimate Remix)
The Map Page / Bonus Level
Ultimate Version of FD (I love this. It plays around the 3 hour mark.)
Splattack (OG)
Starwing Medley
Wrecking Crew Medley (Ultimate Remix)
Full Steam Ahead
Lost in Thoughts All Alone
Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros. 2 (Ultimate Remix)
Gang-Plank Galleon (Ultimate Remix)
Gourmet Race (Melee)
Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros. (OG)
Lost in thoughts all alone is the new remix, it's remixed with another song at the end, it's familiar but I haven't listened to the Fates OST in a while so I don't know which one it is.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I just played on Unova Pokémon League and got a song called just "N's Castle." Might be the medley from Smash 4 renamed, might be the original song, might be a new remix. I couldn't really hear to be honest

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I just played on Unova Pokémon League and got a song called just "N's Castle." Might be the medley from Smash 4 renamed, might be the original song, might be a new remix. I couldn't really hear to be honest
I think it may be a new remix then, considering the previously noted pattern of stages getting their main themes re-remixed.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i've seen japanese gameplay footage with N's castle and it's the ssb4 remix, but i just assumed it was the japanese title. given that ballad of the goddess / ghirahim's theme is just "ballad of the goddess" now, they probably just renamed it

interesting how they went with the official title for gang-plank galleon but kept the brawl titles for king k. rool / ship deck 2 and the map page / bonus level

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
same playlist also confirms the brawl remix of luigi raceway from mario kart 64

i'm looking through more gameplay footage and i've found multi-man melee 1, so that means both multi-man melee themes are in the game! finally

Last edited:
Top Bottom