• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
There was no new Prime remixes in the August Direct, but with the confirmation that music has continued to be added I'm hoping Dark Samus results in some more tracks from the Trilogy.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm going to cry if Snake's Theme doesn't return.
You're in luck because the "About" page of the official Smash website confirms that Snake's theme will be included in some form. Its probably going to be a new remix too, because nearly every other song listed has been confirmed as a new remix so far!

On a separate note, anybody have a guess for what tonight's music update will be? I'm thinking Kid Icarus or Star Fox. Or if its from a repeat franchise, something Zelda or Mario.

I just hope it will be something completely new to us.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Any predictions for tonight's song?

I'm thinking Kid Icarus or Star Fox. Or if its from a repeat franchise, something Zelda or Mario.

I just hope it will be something completely new to us.
The last 5 songs released on the Smash website were for touched series. I'm guessing they'll go back to new songs for series they haven't touched yet.

I'm placing my bet on either Mother or Star Fox.

Edit: ORRR... they'll post a new Mario song to represent Pirahna Plant.

Last edited:

segillav

Smash Apprentice
My guess is the next remix will be from Mario. Likely from a game other than SMB3 since that's where the previous Mario remix on the blog is from

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Come to think of it, Earthbound never had a music blog entry on any of the 3 sites, did it?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Porky's Theme was posted on the Brawl Dojo, but it didn't get a sample on the Smash 4 site. That said, the Smash 4 site only had half as many music samples as we've gotten for Ultimate.

I've been hoping for a Mother sample for months now, but I suspect they're done touching new series for the music posts unless they give us something with another generic music note icon. My guess is Mario tonight. Although it seems the blog has been running a day late with its posts this week, so I wonder if we'll get the song tonight at all.

Last edited:

Mornal

Smash Cadet
There's not much I can easily make out from Ally's channel, but here's what I was able to find:

The big new one is "Boss Battle 4: Samus Returns". I assume a port (potentially of this), though it's impossible to hear so I can't verify it. Looking back at the direct, it seems like there might be an additional Samus Returns song we don't know about too.

Magnus's theme is back.

Ruins from Wario Land Shake it also returns.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
There's not much I can easily make out from Ally's channel, but here's what I was able to find:

The big new one is "Boss Battle 4: Samus Returns". I assume a port (potentially of this), though it's impossible to hear so I can't verify it. Looking back at the direct, it seems like there might be an additional Samus Returns song we don't know about too.

Magnus's theme is back.

Ruins from Wario Land Shake it also returns.
Sweet, another Metroid track.

I hope we get more than one Wario Land track.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
While I did have my fears about Wario Land, and I do sorta feel Wario ware will always get the preferential treatment, I’ve thought about how Sakurai DID bother to return a Wario land move to wario’s moveset, hence, “he realized it exists.” I gotta figure in the final soundtrack we gotta get either a token second shake it song, Wario land 4 song, or Wario land 1 song, even if just port.

But I think we’re likely through with new songs on the website, because even if the likes of FE, Megaman, Castleavnia, and SF have way more songs, the music choosers still would have done one new series apiece first. I’d actually guess a Pokémon theme cause incineroar, or Zelda just because it hasn’t got anything since site launch.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
While I did have my fears about Wario Land, and I do sorta feel Wario ware will always get the preferential treatment, I’ve thought about how Sakurai DID bother to return a Wario land move to wario’s moveset, hence, “he realized it exists.” I gotta figure in the final soundtrack we gotta get either a token second shake it song, Wario land 4 song, or Wario land 1 song, even if just port.

But I think we’re likely through with new songs on the website, because even if the likes of FE, Megaman, Castleavnia, and SF have way more songs, the music choosers still would have done one new series apiece first. I’d actually guess a Pokémon theme cause incineroar, or Zelda just because it hasn’t got anything since site launch.
Pretty sure we already got two different Pokemon themes on the website (Vs Steven and Sun/Moon wild Pokemon battle)

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
One thing for sure: the next preview remix on the website must be arranged by a new composer. Every new preview posted is done by a different artist. So prepare the composers list.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Is Diggernaut the fourth boss?

No?

Okay, guess I go back to waiting for that song to be in Smash

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i feel like we're just going to get repeats for the rest of the song choices, but if that's not the case i do hope we see a new remix from one of the series we haven't seen otherwise, like pac-man or earthbound

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I decided to see if I can come up with a rough idea of what we can expect from the remaining unconfirmed music, based on the info we've seen in the sound test menus and assuming that nearly every track in the series returns. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these numbers, these are all pulled from a spreadsheet I've been keeping to organize My Music)

If you add up literally every song that's ever been playable on stages before in the entire series and add the new songs that have already been confirmed for Ultimate, we're at approximately 691 (give or take a few, I may have fudged a number somewhere). Not all of those songs are guaranteed to come back, and a few most likely will not be, either for copyright reasons or because it was in past games as a port and a new remix has made the port unnecessary.

So there are still at least 110 songs that we don't know about yet. If you take a look at the song totals for certain franchises that we've been shown in the Directs:

We have 17 out of 26 Splatoon tracks (9 more)
We have 28 out of 36 Street Fighter tracks (8 more)
We have 15 out of 17 Star Fox tracks (at least 2 more, depending on whether any past songs aren't returning)
We have 13 out of 14 Yoshi tracks (at least 1 more)
We have 36 out of 39 Kirby tracks (at least 3 more)
We have 18 out of 20 Sonic tracks (at least 2 more)
We have 7 out of 10 Wii Fit tracks (at least 3 more)
We have 11 out of 13 Pac-Man tracks (at least 2 more, assuming that all of the Namco tracks are grouped here)
We have 85 out of 97 "Other" tracks (at least 12 more)
We have 25 out of 25 Metroid tracks, but the ported version of Vs. Parasite Queen was not shown in the August Direct and is likely cut due to the new remix, so there's at least 1 more Metroid song.
Game & Watch, Bayonetta, and Final Fantasy do not have room for new music.

So. Subtract all that from the 110 that are left and we've got about 67+ new tracks that are split between the franchises not listed above.

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure we already got two different Pokemon themes on the website (Vs Steven and Sun/Moon wild Pokemon battle)
Ohhhhhhhh right

Man I've been so busy lately I kinda half forgot that was a thing

welp, anyway, since it started making me think on it, and now I've just got comments on the series that might get tracks on the website, (speaking of which, counting tonight if all goes to schedule, there's four left)
So far, we got repeats for series that were hinted to be popular with composers (e.g. Castlevania, Megaman, Fire emblem) and also a series that just had a lot of songs in August (Street fighter, though now it's apparent it's more just the 12 SF2 songs with one new mix and two old mixes each). However, beyond FE and Pokemon, we haven't got any first party nintendo repeats. Right now, I assume those would be for the big games.
in the case of Mario there's seemingly a folder just for side games yet we haven't gotten a side game song on the sight yet, so we could get one, though I wouldn't be surprised if alternatively a remix from a newer platform is revealed. I don't really see one themed to piranha plant despite the direct because it's not a base character and the music played for it was mostly older brawl remixes, though maybe the dark land track would be played.
Zelda is the other Big Nintendo franchise and it hasn't gotten a track since the site went up, so I could see maybe an older game remix in contrast to the BotW one, but it doesn't quite have as much going for it as Mario
Kirby is weird for how it feels like it seems to altrenate between being treated like big series or a medium one, but given how it's one website track is from a spinoff I could see a platformer remix.
Metroid I mostly wanna say had it's blowout with the Ridley reveal and Brinstar depths during E3, but I can see a second track for some reason.
Splatoon, given it's the only new first party and in-universe it's known for it's music, I can see a new one. But, given there also doesn't seem to be much proof of a splatoon 2 remix yet, I would hold myself off a bit.
Lastly, for Smash originals, I once slightly suspected we might get a remix of a 64-Wii U original track, but I think the vocal lifelight and official menu theme with permission both sort of put that off the "menu." The only reason I still see it happening is because a Smash original track could be a good finale to all the remixes of other series in the lead up to December 7
Now, I feel like, given we've had five/six (if you count lifelight) series repeats, I don't see going back to series not yet used. However, if we did, I can see good chances for Star Fox and Wii Fit (Later might seem odd, but it was one of the better selling games plus it's confirmed to have a new remix in Wii Fit trainer's trailer).
I have expectations of Kid Icarus because it generally seems to get "preferential" treatment given Sakurai, but I feel like we really would have heard a song by now for it given Pit's been somewhat elevated to major fighter status it seems.
IIRC Xenoblade in the November direct didn't show any new remixes, and while we know those song screens aren't guaranteed final, I wouldn't have hope.
Mother/Earthbound is the same old song and dance we've had on this thread for weeks. I've just given up hope for website song. The one thing that does cheer me up is I feel like there's somewhat of an obligation to do at least one new song for a series that's been here since smash 64, and while Mother music is good, It's not a high enough "quality" (not as in good, but as in some console restraining instrumentation I guess? hard to explain) to justify bringing in without remixes beyond maybe the direct port 8-bit songs.
Ice Climber, Duck Hunt, Rob/Other: Technically we'd get a "repeat" but two of the three "other" songs where somewhat themed for fighters in other franchises (e.g. Namco song for pac-man, tomodachi life for Miis). I could see finally getting more of the duck hunt remix, or a semi-obscure NES-N64 era game.
Wario(ware, land, or otherwise) and Punch Out: For both of these at this point I don't see them having any sort of prioirty. MAAAAAAYBE Wario.
Sonic music remains a big question mark
Pac-Man I guess as the one third party franchise without major rights problems that doesn't have it's own song up, it's kinda odd, but there was the galaga medley so i don't see a pac-man song happening.
Game and Watch, FF, Bayonetta: we know where this goes.

I think we're destined for just more repeats and it will be mario spinoff, Zelda, and a fight between kirby, Metroid, Splatoon, and the "other" category for the remaining two/one if Smash gets one more song. If we got new series only, Star Fox, Wii Fit, Kid Icarus, and either Wario or Mother/Earthbound. I think at least one repeat (a Mario spinoff) is guarnteed.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
. If the website pattern is to be believed, we're already getting a new Magicant remix (hopefully the one from EarthBound so there's no overlap), not to mention potential Mother 3 songs on new pork city.
Website pattern? Could you explain

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Website pattern? Could you explain
Under the about section in the website (I think it was in the about section), there was a spot showing some music in the game such as Suepr Mario Bros. 2 and Gladion's theme and basically they're almost definitely all new remixes. Magicant was there as well which is why I think we're getting a remix of that theme, especially since we haven't even seen the stage yet in any demos.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I'm still not willing to give up hope on Bayonetta, considering it wouldn't make sense not to give her a bit more seeing as how see got the two new remix treatment that Street Fighter did during Smash 4's DLC as well as having the largest available listing of songs out of the three new universes introduced post game.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Under the about section in the website (I think it was in the about section), there was a spot showing some music in the game such as Suepr Mario Bros. 2 and Gladion's theme and basically they're almost definitely all new remixes. Magicant was there as well which is why I think we're getting a remix of that theme, especially since we haven't even seen the stage yet in any demos.
Sure it isn't this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fYvFp-G2xI

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Oh, by Website pattern i just meant how there's one new song officially on the website every tuesday night.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If you add up literally every song that's ever been playable on stages before in the entire series and add the new songs that have already been confirmed for Ultimate, we're at approximately 691 (give or take a few, I may have fudged a number somewhere). Not all of those songs are guaranteed to come back, and a few most likely will not be, either for copyright reasons or because it was in past games as a port and a new remix has made the port unnecessary.
Woah woah WOAH. Are we really at that total already?

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
So. Subtract all that from the 110 that are left and we've got about 67+ new tracks that are split between the franchises not listed above.
keep in mind they've added songs between the 8/8 and 11/1 directs (splatoon has 23 tracks in 8/8 and 26 in 11/1) so it's possible not all of them are unlocked yet, and it's also possible that there aren't exactly 800 tracks. it's a good expectation but i don't think it's an exact estimate

also, given that namco songs were sorted separately from pac-man in ssb4 and the galaga medley has the "others" symbol rather than the pac-man symbol, it's possible that it'll be a straight addition of 10 pac-man songs (we'll have to see one way or the other)

i have the expectation that the street fighter songs will be just be 12 new remixes of the SFII songs along with the 12 type A versions and 12 type B versions, but again we'll have to wait and see

That song was called Magicant/Eight Melodies whereas the one on the website is just called Magicant, making me believe it's a remix of the Magicant theme from EarthBound
they have renamed a few songs to make them less indicative that they're medleys (N's Castle Medley is just N's Castle, Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme is just Ballad of the Goddess) so i'm leaning towards it just being the magicant remix from ssb4

Last edited:

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
Hello there! I've been working on this sheet for a while now, and decided to make an account to post it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...T9iODI23jvwAqJDd08J7XHpv3M/edit#gid=954702301

This sheet has every single song that has been confirmed for Ultimate, as well as the songs from Smash 4 and the MGS songs (In italics and blue). It also shows the nature of the song, being a remix or a rip, as well as the game of origin and the Smash game it came from. Using this, we're able to get an estimate of how many songs are left to be discovered, be they new remixes or rips. Feel free to add this to the post if you'd like!

(There are currently 139 spots left!)

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Woah woah WOAH. Are we really at that total already?
Yup. We were already at around 500 in Smash Wii U alone. Add in all the 64/Melee/Brawl/3DS songs that weren't in Wii U along with all the new songs we've gotten so far and it adds up quickly.

keep in mind they've added songs between the 8/8 and 11/1 directs (splatoon has 23 tracks in 8/8 and 26 in 11/1) and it's possible not all of them are unlocked yet, and it's also possible that there aren't exactly 800 tracks. it's a good expectation but i don't think it's an exact estimate
Yeah, it's very much a "bare minimum" calculation. I know there will be more than that, but there definitely won't be less.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
keep in mind they've added songs between the 8/8 and 11/1 directs (splatoon has 23 tracks in 8/8 and 26 in 11/1) so it's possible not all of them are unlocked yet, and it's also possible that there aren't exactly 800 tracks. it's a good expectation but i don't think it's an exact estimate
I hope they've added a lot more Kirby songs since that direct.

39 just isn't enough for a franchise with music as phenomenal as Kirby

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Wep, that's disappointing...not the arrangement itself but the fact it's another franchese with a second sample :facepalm:.

*Edit* Does make me wonder if the franchises that haven't gotten a sample yet is because their few new arrangements (if any) are all unlockable tracks, so they rather have folks discover them for themselves once the game drop instead of sharing beforehand. Ashame for those franchises if it is the case :(.

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Huh, Splatoon was on my LOWER end of expected second comers.

So yeah, at this point, i think we're just getting repeats. Closest we'll get to "new" is mario spinoff/"Other"

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Well, its a song we've already heard... oh well, at least we get to hear the chorus this time.
Still really happy that this song got a remix, its my favourite of the original Splatoon battle themes!

Glad to see Hirokazu Tanaka is back too, he's one of my favourite video game composers, and his style works really well for this particular Splatoon song.

EDIT: Poll is updated.

Last edited:

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
By the way, your post says there are 23 total Splatoon songs, when the latest direct had shown 26.

Last edited:

Wizardgeno

Smash Rookie
By the way, your post says there are 23 total Splatoon songs, when the latest direct had shown 26.
Interesting. That means some My Music Albums have more tracks than shown on the 8.8.18 direct. Not that it's gonna affect FF, since its composer owns the music and has the final say

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm really liking the new remix! I just gotta hope for a Tital a Wave remix now.
Also, for the next music update, I'd like to see the Kirby credits theme in all its clear glory. I'm really glad that it and CROWNED made it in finally.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
training menu - wii fit u from here, sounds like it's the original but it's too quiet to tell

Top Bottom