• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Just realized crunchii is uploading a ton old ports and remixes currently but does he even know if they're in the game or not or is he just wild guessing?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
yeah we have heard audio, it's fruit basket 2, i thought it was strange as a rhythm heaven fan myself
Is the song playing when it's selected in the shop or something? Was someone actually able to definitively identify it with only a second of audio that can barely be heard? I can't make anything out from that.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
Just realized crunchii is uploading a ton old ports and remixes currently but does he even know if they're in the game or not or is he just wild guessing?
apparently crunchii's uploading songs from personal playtime with the demo, i have reason to believe it since most of the songs they've uploaded have been spotted at some point and follow the pattern of stages playable in the demos (like, no pac-man or earthbound)

the only one of their uploads i've seen that's total guesswork is fist bump but it's easy to assume that'll be in the game anyway

Is the song playing when it's selected in the shop or something? Was someone actually able to definitively identify it with only a second of audio that can barely be heard? I can't make anything out from that.
yeah the song plays when it's selected, the song title translates to "Fruit Basket" but the intro is absolutely fruit basket 2. it's also not a remix because the other song is DKC returns (vocals) from ssb4 and that has an "arrangement" mark to let you know it's a remix

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
when confirming the purchase, the song plays in the background. it's quiet, so you have to listen closely

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping fruit basket isn't all we get. It's such a shame the series known for its music is getting totally shafted in that department.
Rhythm Heaven content as a whole is really lackluster, unless we somehow make DLC. (Which won't happen)
Also, Megamixes naming system was totally jank. The prequels really should've gotten a different name instead of totally messing up the numbering of all the past games. In fact, the Japanese game might've of had a different numbering system from what we got, but I'm just guessing

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
yeah, the japanese names went like Kaetteika Fruit Basket (Fruit Basket Returns) whereas the english names are just numbering. it's a little annoying

from what i understand, a lot of rhythm heaven music is difficult to get the rights to because, like the music from sonic 1 and sonic 2, it's owned by the composer (tsunku♂) rather than nintendo. the weird variety of rhythm heaven tracks they include in smash are ones that weren't composed by him

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
yeah, the japanese names went like Kaetteika Fruit Basket (Fruit Basket Returns) whereas the english names are just numbering. it's a little annoying

from what i understand, a lot of rhythm heaven music is difficult to get the rights to because, like the music from sonic 1 and sonic 2, it's owned by the composer (tsunku♂) rather than nintendo. the weird variety of rhythm heaven tracks they include in smash are ones that weren't composed by him
Megamix's localization will forever piss me off.

I heard about the rights thing. I suppose they'd only go the extra mile if we actually got a character then.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice

Interesting. Do you know if there's a resource anywhere that shows which Rhythm Heaven tracks were Tsunku and which weren't?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Whaaat? I didn't know this regarding Rhythm Heaven... That explains a bit. I hope Flock Step is not one of the Tsunku songs

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. Do you know if there's a resource anywhere that shows which Rhythm Heaven tracks were Tsunku and which weren't?
if you check gilvasunner's playlists on youtube they're generally accurate with their credits

Nrub'yiglith

Smash Rookie
This is very slightly off-topic, but it's interesting that we found the 1080 Snowboarding song on Duck Hunt and the Brain Age song on Wrecking Crew when they used to play on Port Town Aero Dive and Wii Fit Studio respectively. Might just be a coincidence, but I'm suspecting that, in Ultimate, all the miscellaneous-grouped songs will only be able to play on the miscellaneous stages instead of having cases like Wonderful 101 music playing on Mario Galaxy as in Smash 4. It would only take a single instance of a misc song playing on a non-misc stage to prove otherwise, and if anyone's seen that, let me know, but I haven't so far. Although it's worth noting that there is what is undoubtably considered Mario music playing on Yoshi's Island (Melee) even though it's a Yoshi stage, which maybe implies other exceptions to the "only songs from a stage's series" rule.

Good stuff to know anyway if you're thinking about what you want your My Music settings to be.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
This is very slightly off-topic, but it's interesting that we found the 1080 Snowboarding song on Duck Hunt and the Brain Age song on Wrecking Crew when they used to play on Port Town Aero Dive and Wii Fit Studio respectively. Might just be a coincidence, but I'm suspecting that, in Ultimate, all the miscellaneous-grouped songs will only be able to play on the miscellaneous stages instead of having cases like Wonderful 101 music playing on Mario Galaxy as in Smash 4. It would only take a single instance of a misc song playing on a non-misc stage to prove otherwise, and if anyone's seen that, let me know, but I haven't so far. Although it's worth noting that there is what is undoubtably considered Mario music playing on Yoshi's Island (Melee) even though it's a Yoshi stage, which maybe implies other exceptions to the "only songs from a stage's series" rule.

Good stuff to know anyway if you're thinking about what you want your My Music settings to be.
This is what I'm afraid of. We've also seen Pedal Glider play on the Tomodachi Life stage despite being a Pilotwings song, so we know those stages share amongst each other. I just really hope they're not limited to ONLY those stages, because that's so much music to confine to like 8-9 stages (several of which I'm not very fond of).

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i have to imagine stages won't be limited to just that series' music, we already know yoshi's island can play what's technically considered mario music so it's possible that some songs will be in their old spot

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
People's random edits of the Smash Bros commercial are making finding cell phone footage of randoms playing Smash a lot harder than it was yesterday...

How annoying

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So I'm trying to look for the best quality versions of each new remix, maybe others will be able to help. Does anyone have YouTube videos containing the following arrangements:
-SMB2 Overworld
-Garden of Hope
-Wii Fit Menu
-Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Sound effects can't really be avoided, but if we could find versions without commentary (like in that Belgian stream) that would be really good for the main post. I know we've heard longer versions of them in streams, I'm just having trouble finding versions that are uploaded to YouTube though. Its hard to keep track of all of these streams haha

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Have we seen any of the Mother stages in these recent events? Kinda realized I have yet to see any of the 4 stages

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Nope, the Mother stages are all missing. Someone theorized earlier in the thread that the Mother music may have complications regarding copyright and people recording and posting footage of the demo. The Sonic stages and Pac-Land are also missing (and a bunch of other stages like Hanenbow, Mario Bros., 75m, Great Cave Offensive, etc.).

Last edited:

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
from watching a ton of footage of the current demo, here are the stages I do not believe are in the demo

- Big Battlefield
- Temple
- Onett
- Big Blue
- Fourside
- New Pork City
- Spear Pillar
- 75m
- Mario Bros
- Hanenbow
- Green Hill Zone
- Dream Land GB
- Magicant
- Find Mii
- Pictochat 2
- Great Cave Offensive
- Flat Zone 2
- Palutena's Temple
- Guar Planes
- Windy Valley Zone
- Pac Land
- Midgar

From what I can gather there are a few reasons stages aren't in the demo

- Not streaming friendly, so that's where the Mother, Midgar and Sonic stages go
- Too big for <4 players to play comfortably in a large group set up with observers, which is why 75m, Temple, ect aren't there
- Seemingly random stages like Find Mii, Big Blue and Spear Pillar, which I guess are just missing so not all the stages are in the demo. I don't know

But anyway, with that rather large number of missing stages, there's still quite a lot of music that won't be confirmed for awhile.

Some areas I think will have music confirmations

- Not Midgar
- Mother Stages are the promised land. There's going to be lots of smiles and tears from the music confirmations and potential cuts from these stages
- Sonic music is likely not going to be any new remixes, but everyone loves a good Seven Rings in Hand confirmation
- Big Blue is probably where Big Blue and it's variants from other games (SNES/GX) is hiding, since we haven't heard it anywhere. I don't believe we've heard Mach Rider yet, either, so it might be tucked onto its old home
- Pictochat is probably where everyone's favorite Rhythm Heaven songs are living. Every "other" stage could have RH music, but the demo seems to be using default music settings, where only a few songs are turned on per stage unless the stage is from a series with only one stage, but lots of songs (which is why we have so many Mega Man confirmations, for example)

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i feel like probably there are also some stages exclusive to the japanese tourney demo, like i haven't seen warioware come up in any english footage

also, regarding the mother stages, they don't seem to be explicitly cutting any music this time around (considering they brought back saria's song from melee and yoshi's island from brawl) so unless there's like, copyright issues, it should be fine

related to copyright issues, though, that might be why we've only seen the new remixes of light plane and bathtime; they seem to be by the same composer, but without the vocals from last time, so it's possible that the singer didn't authorize using her voice

edit: find mii is in the mall demo, at least

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
related to copyright issues, though, that might be why we've only seen the new remixes of light plane and bathtime; they seem to be by the same composer, but without the vocals from last time, so it's possible that the singer didn't authorize using her voice
There were already vocal-less versions of Light Plane and Bathtime in Smash 4. I think it's just a case of Smash composers loving to do the same songs over and over tbh.

There's also likely to be a few songs that don't make it in for reasons other than copyright. The August Direct suggests that the original version of Vs. Parasite Queen has been cut now that they have a remix. The original versions of The Map Page/Bonus Level and Forest/Nature Area aren't likely to return now that we have remixes for those too. Brawl and Smash 4 had different songs that were both called Famicom Medley but only one of them was listed in the sound test menu, etc.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Wow, I have to say that the Garden of Hope remix is really beautiful! I don't think any has pointed this out yet - its actually a medley with the Bingo Battle theme! Which happens to have a little snippet of The Impact Site from the original Pikmin, which is probably why I thought I heard a new remix of the Impact Site earlier.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
from watching a ton of footage of the current demo, here are the stages I do not believe are in the demo

- Big Battlefield
- Temple
- Onett
- Big Blue
- Fourside
- New Pork City
- Spear Pillar
- 75m
- Mario Bros
- Hanenbow
- Green Hill Zone
- Dream Land GB
- Magicant
- Find Mii
- Pictochat 2
- Great Cave Offensive
- Flat Zone 2
- Palutena's Temple
- Guar Planes
- Windy Valley Zone
- Pac Land
- Midgar

From what I can gather there are a few reasons stages aren't in the demo

- Not streaming friendly, so that's where the Mother, Midgar and Sonic stages go
- Too big for <4 players to play comfortably in a large group set up with observers, which is why 75m, Temple, ect aren't there
- Seemingly random stages like Find Mii, Big Blue and Spear Pillar, which I guess are just missing so not all the stages are in the demo. I don't know

But anyway, with that rather large number of missing stages, there's still quite a lot of music that won't be confirmed for awhile.

Some areas I think will have music confirmations

- Not Midgar
- Mother Stages are the promised land. There's going to be lots of smiles and tears from the music confirmations and potential cuts from these stages
- Sonic music is likely not going to be any new remixes, but everyone loves a good Seven Rings in Hand confirmation
- Big Blue is probably where Big Blue and it's variants from other games (SNES/GX) is hiding, since we haven't heard it anywhere. I don't believe we've heard Mach Rider yet, either, so it might be tucked onto its old home
- Pictochat is probably where everyone's favorite Rhythm Heaven songs are living. Every "other" stage could have RH music, but the demo seems to be using default music settings, where only a few songs are turned on per stage unless the stage is from a series with only one stage, but lots of songs (which is why we have so many Mega Man confirmations, for example)
I'm so hyped about the fact that no Mother stages were part of the demo. If the website pattern is to be believed, we're already getting a new Magicant remix (hopefully the one from EarthBound so there's no overlap), not to mention potential Mother 3 songs on new pork city.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
i feel like probably there are also some stages exclusive to the japanese tourney demo, like i haven't seen warioware come up in any english footage

also, regarding the mother stages, they don't seem to be explicitly cutting any music this time around (considering they brought back saria's song from melee and yoshi's island from brawl) so unless there's like, copyright issues, it should be fine

edit: find mii is in the mall demo, at least
This would literally be worst timeline. The vocal tracks are the best

Edit: I highly doubt the second famicom medley is gone. All of the unique tracks seem to be back, famicom medley most likely included. The sound test menu didn't have every song unlocked

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
famicom medley is confirmed in some form through the 8/8 direct but we don't know if it'll be a new one again or just one of the two older ones

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I've been listening to that video with Midna's Lament in it recently, and I get the feeling that it's gonna be one of the best remixes in this game. It sucks though that we can barely here it.

Magic Hands

Smash Rookie
Does the Rathalos song play on any normal stage? I heard it plays on ones like Tomodachi Life and Pilot Wings - the "Other" stages

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
This would literally be worst timeline. The vocal tracks are the best

Edit: I highly doubt the second famicom medley is gone. All of the unique tracks seem to be back, famicom medley most likely included. The sound test menu didn't have every song unlocked
If both were in, the one we know about would have been labeled with (Wii U/3DS) or (Brawl).

On that note, the Vs Wild Pokemon (Diamond/Pearl) isn't labeled with a game. It's the Brawl version, we know, but Smash 4 also had a remix of it, but since the Brawl one isn't labeled (Brawl), maybe it's a cut remix? Or maybe they just renamed it to something else.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I've seen the Rathalos theme on Find Mii, it might've been in one of the Japanese tournament videos.
This is something really important regarding "Other" musics. While we know that for example Zelda music is shared across each Zelda stages, we don't know yet about the other musics. So seeing Rathalos on various stages (Pilotwings, Find Mii in this case) may allow player to put other music everywhere - at least on the "other" stages.

And with this, we still don't what will happen to the musics unrelated to the stage, like Tetris on Luigi's Mansion.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm still holding out hope for a new Prime Trilogy remix of some kind...
I'm gagging for a Phendrana Edge (or Phendrana Drifts) remix, and hopefully Dark Samus' theme. (We must be getting it considering :ultdarksamus: is a playable character.)

Top Bottom