• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
while we're on that video

any idea what "Standard" means next to the Y button prompt? was that always there in these ultimate's My Music footages?
IIRC, That button used to be 'by selection likelihood'. It's probably used for sorting the tracks, since Mario stages will have nearly a hundred tracks. My guess is that the sorting options are:
-Standard (Normal order they would appear in, as in Brawl and Wii U)
-By Selection Likelihood (puts the songs you have set higher up first)
-Remixes First
-Originals First
-By Smash Order (order they were introduced to Smash Bros.)
-By Release (Order in which the games the songs came from were released)

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
we're not sure, it was listed in the sound test during a direct but the cursor scrolled right past it

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
I think it may be a new Famicom Medley. It'll introduce new tunes from the Famicom / NES games, like the Brawl and the 4 ones did.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I kind have arguments in my head for three ways the famicom medley could go: for Brawl, I feel like that one did a better job of pulling from obscure franchises which i think works better for the more random/odd/retro 8-bit music. In Wii U’s case, it’s probably easier to just pull from the most recent soundtrack. In the case of making a new one, it would sort of continue the “tradition” of making a new Famicom remix per game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The restrictions this time around are still harsh/similar to the previous demos and early access events. Usually no more than 30 minutes of footage (the event was 4 hours total) may be shown, so lots of places snip and paste together stuff to make for shorter videos.

Additionally, there's restrictions on what you can show that involves full game elements (menus/ending screens/modes). Some require commentary over the video (unfortunate for those of us wanting to listen closer to the music), and certain songs that may have copyright issues might lead to stages being omitted entirely (see the little footage of Pac-Land we have not even letting us see the music on the stage).

The embargo probably doesn't lift all at once, and there will likely be actual review copies going out soon. Nintendo Live is this weekend, with another event commentated by Sakurai, so we might see less restrictions by then.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
i'm not sure if Music Theory ever held any weight, given that we know jump up super star is the original and corneria - star fox is the brawl remix

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
This kind of has been on the back of my head but I have to wonder why they include the original ported versions of songs that already have a remix present?

Examples being delfino plaza and SMB2 ground theme.

Cause said inclusions to seem to come off as a tad redundant or just exist to pad out the OST.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
This kind of has been on the back of my head but I have to wonder why they include the original ported versions of songs that already have a remix present?

Examples being delfino plaza and SMB2 ground theme.

Cause said inclusions to seem to come off as a tad redundant or just exist to pad out the OST.
A lot of them are definitely different enough from the remix that they warrant staying in. I'd be disappointed if they removed the original SMB2 Ground Theme, and I'm still upset that they cut the original The Great Sea in Smash 4. Another example is Egg Planet. Love the original, hate the remix.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
yeah, same deal with splattack, for example. i know a lot of people who aren't into the remix taking more of a ska-like approach, so it helps to have the original too

Last edited:

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
yeah, same deal with splattack, for example. i know a lot of people who aren't into the remix taking more of a ska-like approach, so it helps to have the original too
I really hope they put in the original Battle! (Gladion). From what I've heard, it sounds awful.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
i'm not sure if Music Theory ever held any weight, given that we know jump up super star is the original and corneria - star fox is the brawl remix
I sure hope there's some merit to that music theory, otherwise it could mean we get no new EarthBound music. Then again, if Meta Knight's Revenge is really the Brawl remix, then for there to be a new remix listed on the website they'd have to call it Meta Knight's Revenge ver, 2 or something like that.

Also, today's music day so I hope we get a new track on the website that hasn't been shown in any of the footage yet. If we're going repeat series I hope we get something from Zelda this time.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I think Mario and Zelda are probably the two most likely to get new samples before the game launches. And for the third, I'll guess either Kirby, DK, or Animal Crossing.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm going out on a limb and say we'll get a Wii Fit remix sample next. Not because I want one, but 'cos Sakurai is an unpredictable man, so you gotta predict the unpredictable.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

King Bowser - Super Mario Bros. 3 - Koji Kondo

I've heard this from Bowser's trailer but I haven't checked.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Starting to look like we may also be done with songs we haven't heard before and not just franchises that haven't gotten anything yet lol.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Holy macaroni!

Did NOT expect Mr. Kondo himself to have been responsible for this piece!

Totally unexpected, especially compared to the previous remixes he's done in Smash before!

A pleasant surprise for me at the very least!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Pretty great that Koji Kongo did the Bowser theme, it's a shame we don't really have a good Bowser's Castle stage for the theme.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
For the third time, Koji Kondo arranges a Super Mario Bros. tune. And for the third time, it's heavenly sweet.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
it's interesting that two different people separately had the thought to remix a SMB3 theme with the original drum samples... ehehe, this remix is still super great though. i feel like this must've been how koji kondo originally intended for the song to sound

we only have two more remix previews to go before the game is out...!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Starting to look like we may also be done with songs we haven't heard before and not just franchises that haven't gotten anything yet lol.
We might've just gotten this theme since it was featured in the recent demos before the Giga Bowser fight. Of all franchises I'm sure that Mario has more remixes we haven't heard yet, especially considering half the remixes we have of that series so far are from Super Mario Bros. 3.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah that's what I'm betting as well. We've been getting drip fed new music as is because they really want to surprise us with all the music that's in the game.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
it's interesting that two different people separately had the thought to remix a SMB3 theme with the original drum samples... ehehe, this remix is still super great though. i feel like this must've been how koji kondo originally intended for the song to sound

we only have two more remix previews to go before the game is out...!
One of those tracks is definitely going to be a Zelda track, and the last track is either a Kirby or Metroid track.

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Aw sweet, I was waiting to hear more of that song since I first heard it in Bowser's trailer back in June!

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
It might just be me, I swear that’s sorta “break” section is more of a feature of the Mario RPG version that 3/all stars/advance 4. If my mind isn’t just playing tricks, cool to include that.

Though, while the song itself is nice, I slightly hoped we would get a spinoff mario song, or at least one from another game.

Also also, I forget what the status of Dark Land is on the front page right now, but I’m guessing it’s probably not part of this song now given the title. Though maybe a 15 second bit would be short enough to just group it with the song? The composition doesn’t seem too different. But I guess no real way to know yet.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Ah, that so? K then, I suppose the guess was right.

Also; I double checked, and it seems neither all stars or NES 3 had the break section, only RPG’s remix. That said, I think the break itself isn’t necessarily the same notes as RPG’s version. I think it does occur in the same spot though so I’m willing to chalk it up as a potential nod even if the song itself is still sourced to Mario 3.

Top Bottom