• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Uthrow CG

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
This is already known blah blah I mentioned it in a thread once but never made a thread myself.

I play friendlies with Atire a lot against his Samus. He made a CG that is pretty useful for Samus but more so for Link.

Using Link's Upthrow on a stage with nothing to interfere with your opponents landing does massive damage. As long as they're alive and on the stage, they can be CGed. It's useful.

So you start by, you guessed it, an Uthrow. Never would have guessed, no? Well after that, they will fall to the ground. Yeah no kidding. When they hit the ground, grab them again. Now this works for Link because of his tether. That's also why it works for Samus. You can keep this up for a long time.

At higher percents this becomes more difficult because your opponent will hit the ground but not stand up. There for, you cannot grab them. But because they are lying down, you can Jab Lock them. So even if the don't DI, attack or air dodge, they will still take damage.

So heres some basic formulas:

This one is for lower percents.
Uthrow->Uthrow->Uthrow...etc

or

When they hit the ground and you can't grab them again.
Uthrow->Uthrow->Uthrow->Jab Lock->Kill move

The real trick to this is that you're tech chasing. It's hard to escape. Basically unless they get onto the ledge, this combo is unstoppable.

WARNING: WORKS BEST ON FINAL DESTINATION

Basically, FD is the only place to do this. That and Bridge of Eldin. Because platforms will interfere with the next grab, don't do this on any stage with platforms, which, unfortunately is most of the neutral stages as said by the SBR.

Keep this in mind while fighting on FD. It destroys. This should work for anyone with a tethered grab.

So yup, enjoy and test it.

Keep it lucky! ^_~

D

Deleted member

this isnt a cg, its just reading your opponents

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yeah, I tried it and it doesn't work. especially for Samus. You can just easily jump after the throw and regain your ground.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
D: For realz? I thought it worked well... But Arkive is right. I guess I mistook something for another. Sorry.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
To me chain grab usually implies they can't really escape it, like Falco's chaingrab. This is just figuring what your opponet will do, and even then, after only a couple they should realize what it is and not fall for it a second time.

Top Bottom