• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Links Up + B Charge Cancel

FNSHR

Smash Cadet
Ite let me see how to say this. I was playing with Link...well today doing a bit of training an i came across a lil something which i THOUGHT was useful, now i dont know how you lot will take it but this is the reason why im doing this to see how you would.

Anyway PLEASE dont blame me if its to hard to understand seen as i have not got a video to go with ite, your just going to have to try and understand what your reading ok =]

Now what it is, is you run to the edge of the stage when an opponent is knocked of obviously an while running you charge your Up + B move RIGHT at the EDGE. NOW not meaning stand an charge it till its unleashes but as soon as you run to the edge you start CHARGING it and then it should cancel an then link will fall of the Edge of the stage.

Now agains computers its stupid cause mind games dont really work that much but what i found useful is that in that slpit second of charging before you fall off the stage, that little spark you get from when your charging appears RIGHT before you fall off now when an opponents (HUMAN) sees this spark he now whats about to come so he will then try an find another way onto the stage...this is where the move comes in handy

Just to Clarify Once you have fallen of the edge you still have a jump left an when you fall of the edge you are not distanced away from the stage you a right next to it but falling straight down... BUT anyway as i was saying while falling down as your oppopent has already thought of taking a new route of getting back to the stage when he saw you dplit second Up + B Charge (PRAY HE DOES) then you can try an destroy his idea of getting back with a simple A Kick while in the Air and Up + B back to the stage of hookshot But its up to you what you do while falling off the stage

You lot can list the Possibilities of things to do while falling of the edge

OH by the way on possibility i thought of was that move where when off the stage you quickly press Z twice to hookshot back on the stage creating the invincibility frame dont know if it will work but its a idea.

BUT to make sure you understand it once more

YOU RUN TO THE EDGE OF THE STAGE THE VERY EDGE AS SOON AS YOU START TO CHARGE YOUR UP + B YOU SHOULD THEN FALL OF THE STAGE WITH 1 JUMP REMAINING

Now go an be creative. :laugh:

By the way thanks for your time in reading this hope you understnad what i was trying to say here and hope that it becomes a well used technique

D

Deleted member

Its called Spin hogging and its been known since melee

its useless in this game because instead of wasting your time attempting to do this, you can just speed hug, which is much faster and easier. Another reason why this is useless is because if you cancel the up b on the wrong frame you'll SD by not being able to grab the ledge again.

Stick to speed hugging.

FNSHR

Smash Cadet
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL why thank you ArkiveZero, even though i have a problem with you knowing everything thank you

PLUS i know i was known since melee come on i aint a *** ¬_¬ but i just thought i putting it up but thank you anyway...

Deva

Smash Lord
I know, after the spin hog misses, fast fall into a dair. EPIC TACTIC.

also, lol @ people still calling it hugging. Nice.

Top Bottom