• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's new attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
Personally I like his new dash attack and his back dodge roll FINALLY his moveset is from the games although his up air pose I don't like

Morbi

Scavenger
I am really excited at his new dash attack and back-roll. At first, I didn't want to main him because of those creepy eyes, but Sakurai is drawing me back in.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
No
Love his new up air pose. He's never been an aerial fighter in the Zelda games so the pose kinda reflects that.
now that you put it that way I like his new pose now it's like "Take this sword!!!"

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Granted, he did have an upward thrust in Zelda II, which they have used for his up aerial for all prior Smash games. But I do like this one more because of his [general] lack of air game.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
Granted, he did have an upward thrust in Zelda II, which they have used for his up aerial for all prior Smash games. But I do like this one more because of his [general] lack of air game.
I hope that link is less heavy and fast because I want to main link but he's so slow so I play as toon link

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I am really excited at his new dash attack and back-roll. At first, I didn't want to main him because of those creepy eyes, but Sakurai is drawing me back in.
I've heard someone say they buffed the knockback on the boomerang, too (finally). One of those Direct analysis videos.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
I've heard someone say they buffed the knockback on the boomerang, too (finally). One of those Direct analysis videos.
Thank god cause the gale boomerang is a nerf compared to the fairy's boomerang

Morbi

Scavenger
These changes have gotten me excited for Smash 4 Link. I am not going to lie, last year, I wasn't feeling him. But as more and more is revealed, it seems like this could actually be the game I was waiting for, I couldn't even play him in Brawl (I swapped to Toon Link). All of the changes are perfect. Not only that, but I am the most excited for the "new attack" potential that he offers via move-set customization. A character like Link takes advantage of this feature much more as he has so much to draw from. My dream of using Ice Arrows in Smash might finally actualize.

D

Deleted member

Has a buff to his Up-B been confirmed? That would make me happy, the one thing that might pull link out of the bottom-tier pit is if he finally had some decent recovery, they seemed to have buffed his tether, a confirmation of more vertical reach on his Up-B and I'll be satisfied.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
Has a buff to his Up-B been confirmed? That would make me happy, the one thing that might pull link out of the bottom-tier pit is if he finally had some decent recovery, they seemed to have buffed his tether, a confirmation of more vertical reach on his Up-B and I'll be satisfied.
true that

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
These changes have gotten me excited for Smash 4 Link. I am not going to lie, last year, I wasn't feeling him. But as more and more is revealed, it seems like this could actually be the game I was waiting for, I couldn't even play him in Brawl (I swapped to Toon Link). All of the changes are perfect. Not only that, but I am the most excited for the "new attack" potential that he offers via move-set customization. A character like Link takes advantage of this feature much more as he has so much to draw from. My dream of using Ice Arrows in Smash might finally actualize.
Yeah u gotta admit link was pretty bad in brawl too heavy terrible recovery slow moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom