• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

links grab

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
I'd imagine it'd be whatever you were more comfortable with or whatever.
I use R+A, though, sometimes I also use Z. It's just a matter of style, IMO.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Z seems easier for me. R+A made my shield come out whenever i started playing. I just got used to Z. But I always hate it when an expanded shield comes out instead of grab. =/

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Yeah, I use Z too, and I also hate it when the light shield comes out. I use L+A when I'm shieldgrabbing. Have you you ever wondered why the light shield that comes out when you press Z feels just as strong as a normal heavy shield when you press L? What does IMO stand for? Just curious. I can't figure that one out.

cubican62

Smash Cadet
i used to use z but the light shield came out too much so i switched recently. i also find it helpful using L/R+A to get in the habit for shield-grabbing.

ilikepielol

Smash Rookie
I use L+A to do all my grabbing, it's much more reliable then pushing Z and getting shielded instead.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
r+a is faster sometimes, Z seems to stall sometimes if u dont press it right

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
R or L + A is for shield grabbing. Z should be used when standing. Y+Z (running) for dash grab and jab grab.

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
L+A dam i never thought about that, it would be easier to l cancel and grab huh, ill try to get used to that thx, oh and also, is there a way to press Z to make the light shield come out instead of grab? or is it like random

4 Aces

Smash Ace
It's kinda random. If you press and hold z, however, then the grab comes out first, then the light shield pops out later.

The_Eradicator

Smash Rookie
I use both I shield grab if the opportunity presents itself and I Z grab to reverse hookshot. I don't feel it pays to jump grab with Link

Top Bottom