• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's arrows V Pit's arrows

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Opinions? I think that Pit's arrows are so totally gonna kick Link's arrows butts!!! Because they can be curved in the air, they can be fired upwards, they automatically go max distance, and they're shiny and blue ^^ but this is just my opinion on it :) please feel free to share your opinions on the matter

Synister

Smash Rookie
i think that in gimpys review thing he seemed to suggest the same thing, that pits arrows are some of the most useful projectiles in the game aka easily spamable

Hero C

Smash Rookie
Obviously we won't know until the game, but it seems Pit's seem to be used more as a deterrent because of their speed. Link's arrows are chargable, so they'll have way more knockback, like in Melee(or knock up, to be correct).

If Link can roll while charging his arrows(it would only seem fair, since Samus and DK can do it), it would be a huge improvement. If not, there is always the option of using them to block projectiles by just firing one into the ground infront of you(hope that is still in).

I think Pit is going to be a good character, and well balanced, from the sound of his moveset though.

vato_break

Smash Master
i heard from various people(don't ask me who), that pits arrows are a "pit" weaker than Link's arrows and have less,yes i said it,less knockback.Link has to charge his bow so that make sense i soppose.Link bow was never my favorite i always perfered the boomerange because it left my oppnent open so i could combo.Back on the subject the arrows,lol,Links arrows are sronger but, pits have more freedom.

Hero C

Smash Rookie
^No doubt.

And the boomerang was a good detterrent for Link. I hope it can still connect with enemies and make that nice whacking noise, but it seems it just brings them in now. Kind of disappointing.

vato_break

Smash Master
^No doubt.

And the boomerang was a good detterrent for Link. I hope it can still connect with enemies and make that nice whacking noise, but it seems it just brings them in now. Kind of disappointing.
imagine this your on the edge on the right side of screen you use your boomarange it pulls them toward you you jump and boom they already fell off the edge and lost a life
to bad up special is not a semi spiker anymore *sigh*

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Pits arrows are spamable. (More than Links are atleast) and can be controlled in (I think) any direction, with no charge. So Im going to say Pits. they also have more range, I think...

iron blade

Smash Ace
Pit's curve, are lightning fast, can be aimed backwards and up, and have more range. They don't stop until they travel offstage.

WR3K

Smash Ace
you dont know any details until the game is released.

pit's arrows will of course be one of pit's major assets, and will be more spammable then link's.

link's arrows are just one asset to his bombs and boomarang and hookshot.

it will have less freedom, but will probably be a bit stronger then pits when fully charged.

and while pits arrows can go up or down, pit cannot choose as which point his arrows will fall, where enemies may be lower then pit, but his down arrow swoop wont hit the enemy.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I'd think that Link's would be stronger, but Pit's overall would have more uses.
I never liked the fact that you couldn't point Link's arrows up or down. It just didn't make sense to me, and still doesn't.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Based on the videos alone, Pit's arrows look way better than Link's arrows, hands down. But what do you expect? Pit is an archer. Why shouldn't he be better with a bow than a generalist like Link? Not to mention the fact that Pit's bow is a divine artifact.

Of course, personally, I'd much prefer to have Link's bow AND the boomerang AND the bombs rather than Pit's bow and two lame reflect moves, so it all balances out in the end.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Until we play the game we won't know but from the looks of it they are both good. Pit will be more spam friendly and aim upwards, straight, or downwards while Links will be more power/knockback and have more angles to aim from straight to downwards.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Opinions? I think that Pit's arrows are so totally gonna kick Link's arrows butts!!! Because they can be curved in the air, they can be fired upwards, they automatically go max distance, and they're shiny and blue ^^ but this is just my opinion on it :) please feel free to share your opinions on the matter
i agree, the only thing is pit can't move until his arrow is gone, like ness/lucas using pk thunder

Kips

Smash Ace
His unmovability shouldn't be a problem with perfect accuracy. And I agree- Spammability is often more preferable for sheer overwhelming numbers to get a hit in. Unless Links arrows can pierce shields and rolls I think Pits will be the superior ones.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
Pit is an archer, Link is a swordsman, who has better bow skills? the archer or the swordsman? Pit's arrows are much better than Links, Link arrows have power and to get that power, your arrow needs to take longer to shoot, and to get a good range you also need to charge.
Pit's arrow are not very powerful, but you can shoot them fast, they travel fast, they are aimable and they have always an excellent range.

Link's arrows have power, much more power than Pit's, but they lack speed.
Pit's arrows has great accuracy, excellent range, good speed, but they lack power.

I stay with Pit's arrow because it doesn't care where in the stage you are, if you are good you can almost always hit.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Pit is an archer, Link is a swordsman, who has better bow skills? the archer or the swordsman? Pit's arrows are much better than Links, Link arrows have power and to get that power, your arrow needs to take longer to shoot, and to get a good range you also need to charge.
Pit's arrow are not very powerful, but you can shoot them fast, they travel fast, they are aimable and they have always an excellent range.

Link's arrows have power, much more power than Pit's, but they lack speed.
Pit's arrows has great accuracy, excellent range, good speed, but they lack power.

I stay with Pit's arrow because it doesn't care where in the stage you are, if you are good you can almost always hit.
basically.. Link's arrows blow and Pit's are good.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I prefer Link's arrows. Sure, you can curve Pits, but big deal. Link's are powerful and if they did keep the same range as the Melee ones, their distance is nothing to scoff at. And now that the arrows are now faster to fire at full strength, they're actually useful.

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
since sakurai has announced that link has been re-fitted with the TP weapons, does this mean he can attatch bombs to his arrows? (maybe like a down B + B)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I was thinking Pit's is... More.. Well easier to use, but Link can shoot his arrow instantly (Most of the time) and move around.

Does Pit stay still while he controls his arrow and how quickly does the arrow take to go its full length?

Pit's does seems cooler.

-Onyx

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming Pit's will go fast and will be pretty hard to control without enough mastery. the speed might take away from their power, so hmm...

Link's on the other hand are strong, especially when the opponent is damaged, it isn't hard to control, and with mastery your accuracy will be right on.

If they are both being used by masters, I'd say Pit's, but it's REAL close.

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
i definately going to use link's arrows more, because i use him the most, but if i can control pit's arrows then they would both be my mainly used characters.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Pit's can be charged to the point of spiraling through the air- It only would make sense for him to have more powerful arrows then Link to me, due to being a dedicated archer.
Well, I don't think that Pit should have stronger arrows but I do agree that Pit's arrows are better than Link's. Being an archer is not about strength but skill. Pit is able to shoot his arrows in any direction, while link can only shoot his forward. Link's bow would be much better if he could just aim high and low. If he could shoot high and low and he had bomb arrows then maybe they could make it so that the arrows fall down faster than regular arrows. Any way, Pit's arrows are better than Links arrows in my opinion. since I like to spam. It all depends on what you prefer. Strength or Freedom. Pit will definitely be one of my mains.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Pit's can be charged to the point of spiraling through the air- It only would make sense for him to have more powerful arrows then Link to me, due to being a dedicated archer.
Well, I don't think that Pit should have stronger arrows but I do agree that Pit's arrows are better than Link's. Being an archer is not about strength but skill. Pit is able to shoot his arrows in any direction, while link can only shoot his forward. Link's bow would be much better if he could just aim high and low. If he could shoot high and low and he had bomb arrows then maybe they could make it so that the arrows fall down faster than regular arrows. Any way, Pit's arrows are better than Links arrows in my opinion. since I like to spam. It all depends on what you prefer. Strength or Freedom. Pit will definitely be one of my mains.

Sorry double post. How do you delete posts:confused:

Kips

Smash Ace
RYNO- Just edit one of your posts to say 'Oops, double post, sorry!'. It's fine, the lag on the site tends to do that.

Will Pits falling speed alter his shooting speed? If so, imagine short hop arrow spam. Lets you barrage your foe while approaching or retreating, and it'd be harder to dodge then Falcos SHLS. Talk about a pain to approach!

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
That would be sweet! You could SHAS with Pit. And because you can direct your arrows if you shoot too high or too low then you can just aim up or down. Do you know how much knock back and/or damage his arrows do? I'm guessing they do a little more damage than Falco's but with less knock back.

Also, does anyone know with Link and Pit can shoot repeatedly. What I mean is like with Pit, after he shoots one arrow then instead of putting his bow away he just fires another one. Or with Link, instead of putting hisbow away he just pulls another one out of his quiver. Similar to the upgrade they gave Fox from the original SSB to SSBM. Hope that makes sense.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I hated Link's arrows in melee. Yeah you can incorporate them in to your game and stuff, but there's no denying that they were a very limited tool, which didn't contribute much to his overall game.

I don't really care if they're better than Pit's or not. I just hope they're improved.

Kips

Smash Ace
I think if you mash the button then Pit won't put the bow away. Instead, he'll hold it out and quickly reach behind him to pull another one to shoot. SHAS should cancel the lag of him putting away the bow, making it faster and more effective.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Did you mean that Pit or Link would reach behind and pull out an arrow? Because Pit would not even have to do that. Pit just has to reach forward and pull on the light rings on his wrist. Your right that in the case that Pit cannot do repeated shots then SHAS should cancel the animation allowing him to pull out another.

Kips

Smash Ace
Well if his rings project another he still has to pull the rings on his wrist. SHAS would cancel the animation of him reaching for another. This theory would work if-
A) His first shot animation is faster then all next consecutive ones.
B) He doesn't need to use a light ring for the first one.
Then he would simply cancel a part of the animation, increasing his firing speed.

Top Bottom