• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

link trouble

rustedfencepost

Smash Apprentice
i have a friend who when i play always ***** me with his crazy *** link( and i mean crazy ***)
so does any one have any one have any tips to help me not lose as bad (this is obvious but i use yoshi)

zack152

Smash Journeyman
Ive never played a good link but I can only suggest what Ive seen happening before so here it goes...

Try just avoiding the projectiles while doing some ECE maybe.
DJC isnt the best idea here because link has plenty of strong/good knock back tilt attacks
Links shield game is great, up b out of shield and/or shield grabbing, so spacing attacks wont really work here, try to just shffl a bair or something and spot dodge/shield right away.
I know I read somewhere that yoshi can nair out of links d-throw combos.

Hope this helped any if at all =S

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
watch out for his CC to Dmsash , grab and Scrah (Up B lol, seriously a lot of people hits are like wtf when they gte CCed to Srcah)
also Link players loves to do Fair, Nair or Bair to grab when opponent are in low percent.
watch out for juggle, we love to utilt and such. out of a grab we can Utilt, Uair, Dair (to kill) & Scrah (to kill)
in platfrom stage, watch out for uthrow or dthrow to platfrom to scrah. also dthrow or uthrow waveland shield, Link can either Scrah oos or grab once you get up, finish doing your get-up attack or rolling . the best way is to roll towards the stage so even though you take the scrah hit you have a chance of living.
also watch out for Dthrow or uthrow to platform to dair.

against campy Link (i hate camping) pick fox and use his lasserszz .

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Are you serious? Is that really ÖwnÄ?!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY DUDE ÖWNÄ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
i try to short hop over projectiles backwards and go in with a bair. you can yoshi bomb links up b if you hit him right on the head. kinda useful to punish up b spammers

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
its still useful if they miss you with the scrah. you can also sweet spot the edge with down b and come down on their scrah when they try to recover.

Binx

Smash Master
I've seen Isai's fox nair link repeatedly in his shield to pressure, because Link's grab is so slow, if you are in close range could you DJC a ton of nairs and chase the rolls? I don't know Yoshi that well and I'm on vicadin =)

Top Bottom