• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Stages

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if any of you Link mains could give some of the pros and cos for all the tournament legal stages for Link and which ones are better for Link and what not. I couldn't find anything about this topic on the forums.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I like Battlefield a lot because of the bottom two platforms. It makes tech chasing with uairs really easy. I hate trying to tether on BF though.

YS is IMO probably links best stage, it's high bottom blast zone helps links gimp game, it got the lowest platforms which makes our tech chases extra good. All kill comboes kills. Long flat sides, if you miss it with your tether you suck lol(find it a tad harder than usual to sweetspot though). Shy guys is not in the way for our more versatile projectile game as much as it is for characters like Falco. Randall is my best friend, :).

Skler

Smash Master
IE showed me a really cool think you can do on BF platforms for tech chasing (you use your double jump animation to kind of teleport up to it at the apex of the jump).

BF is one of Link's better tourny-legal stages anyways, at least against people who can't edgeguard Link very well (so not against Peach). FoD is Link's best stage in all matchups depending on your opponent's style.

Other than that, Stadium is great against not-spacies, DL64 is great against not-Falcon and not-Fox, YS is surprisingly good against not-Marth, and FD is pretty solid for beating Peach and characters who really like platforms.

IE showed me a really cool think you can do on BF platforms for tech chasing (you use your double jump animation to kind of teleport up to it at the apex of the jump).

BF is one of Link's better tourny-legal stages anyways, at least against people who can't edgeguard Link very well (so not against Peach). FoD is Link's best stage in all matchups depending on your opponent's style.

Other than that, Stadium is great against not-spacies, DL64 is great against not-Falcon and not-Fox, YS is surprisingly good against not-Marth, and FD is pretty solid for beating Peach and characters who really like platforms.
I know it's quite a hefty task, but would you like to expand it a little why certain stages are good in some important matchups.

What pick priority do I have vs fox?
FoD, BF, YS, DL64, FD, PS?

falco?
BF, DL64, YS, FoD, PS, FD?

I know it's a little playstyle dependant, but I try to be a patient player that goes for punishes and tries to lower my risks(low risk, low reward before high risk, high reward).

Top Bottom