• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Recovery

I guess it's the bomb jump. To make Links recovery really long, to turn you around so you can use your hookshot or just to make a high recovery(useful vs peach), you can use the bombs to cancel your own UpB. The knockback from the blast will send you a good distance in the direction you choose and you will also regain your UpB. To perform a bomb jump recovery, you pull a bomb, smash throw it upwards(I prefer to do it with the C-stick), then UpB and get the last swing of the UpB to connect with the bomb destroying it. The bomb should be somewhere at links neck when you swing your last swing. When bomb explodes make sure that you immediately slam the control stick in the direction you want to recover, this will make the most use of the bomb blasts knockback.

so basically to bomb jump:
double jump, pull a bomb -> smash throw the bomb upwards -> UpB and hit the bomb with the last swing(bomb should be at links neck) -> slam the stick towards the stage

It's incredible satisfying to bomb jump.

bagsntrane

Smash Cadet
I am certain its not that since they discuss how that bomb jump can become stale. They specifically mention that this "new" jump is a way around the stale jump.

Aha! It's pretty intresting then, will check it out next time I play. I'm guessing it's something like bomb drop -> uair in quick succession.

EDIT: And DI like a god!

bagsntrane

Smash Cadet
I was able to do it succesfully once today in practice. Pull out bomb, let go of bomb(not throw!!), DI down, quickly do UAIR into bomb.

Dair has more frames to come out making you essentially fall more frames before you get the explosion, thus uair seems like the perfect move for this. :D

SAUS

Smash Ace
Woah that is awesome. I'll be looking into this tonight most likely.

For the regular bomb jump to fail, your up-b has to be stale right? I know how stale moves works, but I am unsure on Link's up-b. If you use a grounded up-b and hit someone, does that make the air up-b stale as well? This is something I only learned recently and figured I had just messed up the bomb tech when it didn't work.

Another question: the bomb jump (using up-b) fails to work when your up-b is stale. Is this because your stale up-b does not do enough damage to break the bomb? This is just out of curiosity.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
that's the Link recovery that SmurfyEXE actually discovered, NOT J666.. :)

Ya'll don't know about AZ... :p

I'll give you the video(s) if you guys want them.. :)

I've got the archives and date to even prove.. even made a big rant to all the link players to make sure Smurfy gets credited for it... J666 tell em.. :p

Link players are pretty cool :)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I've done bomb drop into n-air before, but that requires a mid-air jump. Can this new bomb recovery be used without using your jump?

Top Bottom