• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Matchup

Cleod

Smash Cadet
he got a ton of projectiles and lots of strategy but i'll ask you this, "what character is most even to Link in terms of a match-up assuming both are used by professionals?"

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
he got a ton of projectiles and lots of strategy but i'll ask you this, "what character is most even to Link in terms of a match-up assuming both are used by professionals?"
I think that's personal opinion.

Larz

Smash Cadet
it definitely depends on the playstyle of the link, how aggressive they are with either ariel attacks or how campy they are with projectiles. However I see the most even matchup in your terms to be Captain falcon. he cant do much against the projectiles, but his speed and combos neutralize that advantage.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I would say YL is 60:40 Link.
YL can combo Link very well, but has a rough time trying to kill him.
Link combos YL well and can kill him at decent percentages.
It's still a very spammy match-up, but Link's range helps him out more than YL's speed does, IMO at least.

Skler

Smash Master
Surprise everybody! It's Samus, maybe Ganon. They're both pretty even if everyone plays it right and nobody really screws the other too bad in them. Lots of fun too!

NNID
dansalvato
I fought a number of Samuses at Apex, and they were all quite close matches. However, Samus might have better spacing techniques and combo potential, so I'm not so sure. But yeah, it's so much fun. :D

Knocked off a stock by power-shielding a charge shot, lol.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Surprise everybody! It's Samus, maybe Ganon. They're both pretty even if everyone plays it right and nobody really screws the other too bad in them. Lots of fun too!
lol man, Spamus is NEVER fun to fight against.
I would put her behind Jiggs in terms of most frustrating characters to deal with.
Apparently Link is supposed to win the MU, but I don't have the patience to deal with all her crap.

Zodiac

Smash Master
If I thought I about it i would have realized peach was the wrong answer, ganon and samus are definetly good match ups for link, the only problem with ganon is getting away from him. since he has three whole small stages to choose from and you can only ban 1.

Linkownz

Smash Cadet
Even with link? YL's favor maybe about 60:40
Peach v link 60:40
Ganon 50:50
Samus 50:50
Jiggs 60:40
imo

Top Bottom