• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link is Meaty

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I haven't seen to many Link players taking advantage of this, so I figured I'd make a post.

Link's dair is amazingly sexy and can be used as an amazing meaty attack. A meaty is when you time an attack to hit someone as they are getting up or returning from the ledge.

If the person is going to jump from the ledge, just get in their trajectory and do a dair. If they have a tether, jump off the edge, don't FF, and dair in between them and the stage. If they are going to roll, do a dair where they are going to land. If someone does a move like Ike's side B, Luigi's side B, Wolf's side B, etc, just dair in their path. There are tons of applications.

It is the most amazing move in the game for punishing people.

There aren't many videos of my Link at tourneys, but here is an old match where I did a dair as Olimar was jumping from the ledge and a dair when he was doing the recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epXoPONnOBc

Around 0:35 and 1:15

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
>.> Well, then it's a shame there arn't videos of me. I tend to use the Dair in this manner a lot, and get great KO's from it.

I do think most Links know about it, just not as many tend to use it. Or who knows. Either way, I already do, so woot for me I guess. =]

Top Bottom