• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link For Mid Tier

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Ok I'm quite sure that Link should definitely be mid tier. Watching pro matches of Link's should prove that point solidly. He's a biiiig time fav of a lot of people and can quite honestly **** some high tiers quite well. Mario, although he has a better wd, is not nearly played as much, and doesnt do that well at all. So gooo Link

rhan

Smash Hero
I agreed that Link was Mid Tier waaaaay back in '07. No matter how many time we argue he's not going anywhere because he's not as popular as the other characters.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Mario's Cape allows him to turn matches around more easily (no pun intended)

That kinda killing power sets them apart, I feel like.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
haha. I suppose. The cape is a deadly weapon, but links projectiles are highly underrated. Watch Link vids of Aniki back in the day, man he spaced well. And Links upb is one of the best moves ever. both for recovery and for killing. he has the hookshot and bombjump to recover. its crazy. he needs to be even with or above mario at least.

rhan

Smash Hero
Back in the day: People didn't really know how to avoid Link's projectiles.

Now it's not that hard. Yet still pretty difficult if you don't power shield or catch bombs.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
ya thats true. But you can still mindgame heavily with a bomb. throw a boomerang, pull a bomb then approach to bait them, sh back and throw it, hookshot into wahtever. if they dont bait nair. or sh dair. or full hop dair lolz. then bomb whenever theyre hit. you just have to use the projectiles wisely

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Problem is a lot of characters will mess you up before you start all that.

Also Mario combos a lot better and having a better recovery doesn't necessarily make Link better.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
The quantity of players doesn't mean **** if they're not good.
I mean to get Tiers up you just have to start winning.
Just checked the list and I'm kinda impressed honestly.
I do remember him being in Mid but let him just be the best of low, no?

HiIH

Smash Lord
Mario doesn't get his **** ***** as easily. Have you ever tried to combo one of the bros and NOT be Falcon?

I think you mean, you're outranging them, is what you mean. The only reason Mario isn't as good as Doc is he doesn't have enough sure kills. You usually end up getting kills at either super high % or edgeguards.

Also, Link isn't nearly as good as Mario. He gets ***** by anyone alot faster than him, and you have to fight in almost everyother matchup. Like his best matchup out of high tier is Samus, and that battle is annoying as **** anyway.

Even Peach sucks **** to fight against, Link is lucky to be where he's at right now. Nair isn't that good = (

EDIT-What I mean is, Nair isn't good enough to bump him up into mid tier.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Mario doesn't get his **** ***** as easily. Have you ever tried to combo one of the bros and NOT be Falcon?

I think you mean, you're outranging them, is what you mean. The only reason Mario isn't as good as Doc is he doesn't have enough sure kills. You usually end up getting kills at either super high % or edgeguards.

Also, Link isn't nearly as good as Mario. He gets ***** by anyone alot faster than him, and you have to fight in almost everyother matchup. Like his best matchup out of high tier is Samus, and that battle is annoying as **** anyway.

Even Peach sucks **** to fight against, Link is lucky to be where he's at right now. Nair isn't that good = (

EDIT-What I mean is, Nair isn't good enough to bump him up into mid tier.
I understand wht you're saying. But there are some really good links out there and a lack of marios. I cant remember the last time i saw a pro mario. Link can be good against Cfalcon if youre careful

Skler

Smash Master
Link is terrible against Captain Falcon regardless of how you play. He's too slow to do anything in front of falcon, who can just dash dance outside your range until you decide to do a move and then punish you for it.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Link is terrible against Captain Falcon regardless of how you play. He's too slow to do anything in front of falcon, who can just dash dance outside your range until you decide to do a move and then punish you for it.
bombs and A moves. just stop his DD with any projectile. sh backwards and throw it so he cant get to you. when in hits him hit A twice into a downsmash then he's in the air all nice and ready for combos

Skler

Smash Master
The point of the DD is that he can punish you if you try to throw anything.

I know the CF matchup and it's bad, bad on the same level as Sheik, Fox and Falco. It isn't completely unwinnable, it's just really really bad.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
The point of the DD is that he can punish you if you try to throw anything.

I know the CF matchup and it's bad, bad on the same level as Sheik, Fox and Falco. It isn't completely unwinnable, it's just really really bad.
you think its thaaat bad? maybe it is. i always have a great match on corneris vs a falcon tho and sometimes on Pokestadium

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
Just disregard the tierlist entirely. If Link is mid tier in your mind, then that should be enough for you....

But Link is still pretty awesome.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
But why does it matter where he is?
We all know the reason we love Link is due to how fun/cool he is.
Quite true. And we all know that secretly he can beat every character with his eyes closed. He doesn't want to make a mockery of the high tier so he just "pretends" like he's low tier. The Hero of Time, heh, more like the Humble of Time.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I understand wht you're saying. But there are some really good links out there and a lack of marios. I cant remember the last time i saw a pro ario. Link can be good against Cfalcon if youre careful
I like Link as a game character cause not even lava kills him. He only passes out and wakes up somewhat weaker in front of a door.

I like Link as a Smash Character because I saw Germ videos and Link's comboability against Spacies.

In any case, unless the "FINAL Tier List" ISN'T final as said and the Links improve their matchups before that time where a new list (may or may not be) created, then we will be seeing a mid-tier Link revival.

Oh, and Waffles(HomeMadeWaffles), and DJN(DJ Nintendo) are current Mario Pros, they used Mario for ROM 2. Or at least, DJN did at times.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I like Link as a game character cause not even lava kills him. He only passes out and wakes up somewhat weaker in front of a door.QUOTE]

lol. so true. I recently played through Dodondogo's Cavern and a stupid Lizardfoe knocked me in the lava. Then I reappeared at the door, slightly charred and with one less heart, and promptly Z targeted and beasted the stupid monster. YL pwn

Top Bottom