• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Community Clean Up / New Projects / Activity ~ Current Topic: Stickied Threads

What is your favorite version of Link?

• Total voters

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Link Community Clean Up / New Projects / Activity

Next Update: Sunday 14 November 2010 *Postponed due to laziness*

Hey Links! It's time for us to work together to improve the Link boards by giving it a clean-up, coming up with new projects to work on and boosting activity.

Last Topic: Stickied Threads

Let's start off with organizing the stickied threads. Gradually we'll move on to new projects and boosting activity but for now we'll work on the stickied threads. I'll be trying to update this every week. I'll put a date at the top as a reminder too.

Changes will be made based on the majority of people's opinions. For the thread makers: Don't take offence if someone says something bad about your thread. We're only trying to help improve things.

Here's the criteria I would like you to answer for each of the threads. (If you have any ideas for more criteria let me know! This is all I could quickly think of.) Be honest when answering these in your post and try to give a reason for a 'yes' or 'no' answer. You don't always have to do that though.

1. Does this thread deserve a sticky?
  2. How can we make this thread better?
  3. Would it be better if this thread was remade?

List of Stickies:

[collapse=My Thoughts on Stickied Threads]
Secrets of The Seven Sages: Link's Brainstorming Thread, Complete AT list and Combos

1. It deserves a sticky. It's got a lot of useful information and potential for a lot of discussion.
2. The thread is unappealing in my eyes and I think it could use a makeover. It could also be simplified so that it doesn't look like a wall of text.
3. Not necessary​

Link's Match-up Thread

1. Yep. Useful thread that gets a lot of discussion.
2. It could use a small makeover with text and and pictures but apart from that it's organised well.
3. I think this thread should be remade.

My reasons for it being remade:

With the way it is now, it makes it hard to locate where all the posts were for a specific character. There have been requests where people would ask "Can I see your discussion on *Insert Character*" The only way you would see this is by using the search function in the thread.

But that's not the only problem. The other problem is that once the discussions get closed off, there's no way of going back to the character to talk about it. Which is why I like the idea of this match-up thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283508

You actually talk in the match-ups exports, while the main thread is an index linking to all the discussion that are up.​

"Hey! Watch out!" Link Board Video Thread

1. Definitely should be sticked.
2. Could have a makeover with font and stuff. (I should stop saying 'makeover' as well.)
3. Not necessary.​

Official Link Question and Answer Thread

1. Should be stickied.
2. Could look better, (I'm pretty much going to say that to every thread -_-)
3. I've been thinking of redoing Zeus' thread by turning it into that into a Important Thread Directory + a Q/A thread. Thoughts?​

The Missing Link: Frame Data!

1. Can be unstickied now.
2. It's good the way it is
3. Not necessary.​

Link Boards: General Information, FAQ, and Introductions

1. Sticky I guess.
2. I never really liked this thread with the use of small text, it was never really updated with all the other important threads.
3. I think it should be remade and turned into a Q/A thread as well.​

~~The Triforce of Courage~~ An Advanced Guide to Link v1.2 NintenJoe

1. Sticky until a better guide comes out.
2. I like this thread a lot, it was the first thread I read when I was here. It needs updating.
3. At some point we should remake a new guide.
[/collapse]

[collapse=ROUGH DRAFT - WORK IN PROGRESS]
Introduction

Social Thread
I'm pretty cool with the one we have now but if with enough interest I can revamp it with short bio's from everyone and embed our dead chat into it. Here's an example of what it'll look like. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279963

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269609

and how

Ideas:
Link Secondaries

Xat using more xat or perhaps finding one mode of contact we can all use. So far Red Ryu Myself and ToZ all use MSN.

Boosting Actvity:

New Ideas:
Countering Made Easy -
Link New Guide
Analysis of how people play - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278186

Even though

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278186

So the main problem we have is that we don’t have any active owners to update our threads.

Video thread. I think it’s time to

Getting Better as a player

Collecdtion of old threads

Shield pressure

WiFi going again
Legan Analysis
Move Discussion
Collect Old Threads
Counterpicking Stages
[/collapse]

I'm really looking for your ideas on how we can improve the Link boards. Don't be afraid to be honest, (but just not too harsh :urg:)

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Wow, Scabe, i really like all of your ideas!

Well, it's my turn.
Secrets of The Seven Sages: Link's Brainstorming Thread, Complete AT list and Combos

Nothing to say 'bout. It's really necesary.

Link's Match-up Thread

I really like to have a kind of index; and remade much of the Match-up that are outdated.

"Hey! Watch out!" Link Board Video Thread

Other "nothing to say 'bout, 'cause is important" Topic.

Official Link Question and Answer Thread

Could be awesome if there be a part with important question or answer.

The Missing Link: Frame Data!

I prefer this information would be in the guide.

It's Okay

~~The Triforce of Courage~~ An Advanced Guide to Link v1.2 NintenJoe

Same as Scabe
Now, about the second part, how i said, i like the ideas; I use msn too xD.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Just to let you know Scabe, I'm not exactly active atm because of exams coming up, but I'm fine with updating my thread with whatever is suggested. If you were more specific about what you wanted to look better and how it should look, I could get stuff done. I need to be inspired by something in order to find new stuff though, so there's no saying when things will get active in my thread (unless others were to think of new stuff), it usually helps when the boards are active and I have a lot of spare time. Both of which just aren't happening atm.

As for the stickies, other than combining some, I can't really see any of them not up there. You seem to have covered that already, so I agree with you.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Foxy your thread is totally good and it's alright that it's not really being updated and stuff since we haven't been talking much about it and like you said the boards are dead so I don't really see the need for it being updated now.

You know a way to make it better is to try and finish that old idea we had of getting videos of all the AT's. Also coming up with some ideas to make the thread have more input from our members.

If you want I can spruce the thread up a bit and make the layout look better. I can try to simplify and slim down the text too.

I don't really know how to explain with how to make it look better, I just suck at explaining. :urg:

@Drigo Toes: Thanks for your input man! Actually I like that idea of putting the frame data in the Guide. So I'll probably just be lazy and copy and paste it into there.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
AT vids: It might actually be easier if we just get some footage next time I see you. Then you can just edit a few things and put it up. The whole 'lack of any way of getting my vids to you' is what's holding that up. I'd be fine with making the vids though.
User input: Yeah I could totally give everyone some more ideas/topics to get things going again. I think I'll wait till I have more time though so I am more able to keep on top of things. So as soon as exams are over, I'll get something happening.

You have my full permission to poke around in the thread to try and spruce things up a bit. If you were going to change any actual text, I would only ask that it's not something explaining something, so pretty much the text in the AT section is off limits XD. I've always thought that the way I explain things is quite thorough and can be understood by anyone. Anything else at all is cool with me.
Sounds like a plan. Good luck in there Scabe, you could get lost.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I'll work on the Video thread, but I'm not sure what it is in particular you want me to do. I've been thinking about putting a drop menu for everybody and listing how many videos are under each section. If anyone can give me any other ideas that'd be great.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah sorry about how I always say "make it look better" and I don't give a reason why or how to do it. :urg:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
thanks huggles, another question, but if that threat start to lost new post, then, that threat will lost his "sticky"? or not?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. A sticky will always be at the top section of a forum index. Even if the sticky has not been posted in for years, it will remain a sticky at the top of the forum index until a Moderator removes the sticky. Likewise, new posts in the sticky mean nothing. Think of it as a never-moving thread, something stuck to the top section of a board. :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
thanks tery, and the last question, I have noticed that the social topic has the word Poll

what mean "poll"?
A poll is something that offers a general topic or question, and is followed by several choices. In which case, the members can pick their option and submit their option - AKA voting. In some polls you may be able to choose more than one option.

The poll in the social thread is humorous in that the two options are the exact same thing, and the poll has been closed and nobody can vote on it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I like how Twilight Princess is winning, my favorite LoZ game.

I'll have the new match-up thread ready by tomorrow, I'll post it when it's 100% done.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
the twilight princess link is cool, though OoT shows better that Link is from a fantasy world, I think both are amazing Link.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like the realistic look. Plus it bugged me that Link is blond in OoT. TP Link's basically a better graphic version of OoT Link.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Perhaps putting a poll wasn't the best idea haha, it's slowly turned into a social thread.

Must focus! Anyways, I'm supposed to be doing an update but I've been taking forever to clean my room. Thanks for the feedback and watch out for the delayed update.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Considering I don't manage the Q&A thread anymore I don't mind you locking it up.

Thing is it was actually a really good and relax thread and people followed the rules pretty well.

I would recommend new management. Take the idea rules and FAQ I created and add to it Scabe. Become a voice for the Links as I was 2 years ago.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
This probably looks really pathetic, with how I totally stopped after a week of work. I'm going to get this back on track soon. :urg:

Anyways, I'm going to vote for Wind Waker Link. I've been playing the game and enjoying all his expressions.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^What is that?

I'm giving my hands a break. Ladder/computer work/drawing for so long has made them cramp. It's weird not using your hands (I'm type pecking the keyboard now).
I understand PT better and have a half decent one. He's not my style. Wolf seems to space similar to Link so I'm learning him next.
Don't worry, Link will always be my main;).

Top Bottom