• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

D

Deleted member

We're discussing GameCube controllers? I currently use a black one that I've had for a while. I used to have a platinum one long ago, but then its cord was chewed by a dog.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
I heard there were differences in gamecube controllers though, especially about the smash edition one. Something to do with the shoulder buttons or whatnot if I'm not mistaken :/

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I heard there were differences in gamecube controllers though, especially about the smash edition one. Something to do with the shoulder buttons or whatnot if I'm not mistaken :/
really? what exactly? My smash controller works fine, although sometimes the L button just stops working. But then once I reset it it works ok again.
They are slightly different than regular gamecube controllers, they're lighter than the originals, I think

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
really? what exactly? My smash controller works fine, although sometimes the L button just stops working. But then once I reset it it works ok again.
They are slightly different than regular gamecube controllers, they're lighter than the originals, I think
There are apparently metal rods that the originals have in the shoulder buttons, which the white and smash edition gc controller lack. Resulting in the L and R button presses to be more stiff and sticky.

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
I've had the exact same problem where my L button wouldn't respond. after fixing it. it works fine and I don't have that problem anymore. The smash edition is made differently from any other Gamecube controller. I never thought about before but they do feel a bit lighter. plus it has a matte texture. i like it. it prevents the controller from slipping out of my hands.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been trying to play a stage control, defense oriented Link. It works pretty well when I don't do boneheaded things lol. I need to work Dthrow> Nair into my game.

Last edited:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Tsage did work tonight! Got me after having a really close set with Pug he had.

I didn't do half bad either had Raffi-X on the ropes after he demolished my first stock with beep boop...

Rizen

Smash Legend
I had one of those days where my Link's spacing was absolute s***. I was playing a good Lucario on ladder and just couldn't get it right; have you ever had one of those days?
Anyway, I've got a lot of stuff going on and haven't play much smash aside from just now. Been tired this past week, just dealing with stuff to move on to the next without really moving ahead. Also my gym punch card ran out so I haven't worked out for several days, got to wait till the 1st to throw money that way. Dragging the old line.

Last edited:

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
An okay.

Just watching a video reviewing the Atomizer by Youtuber under the same name and wondered if it was the same guy

:135:
Strange that you'd bring up me, a person who's barely been active on these forums lately, about a YouTube video not even related to smash in a smash Link social thread.

To answer your question, yes, that's my channel where you were watching that video.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Strange that you'd bring up me, a person who's barely been active on these forums lately, about a YouTube video not even related to smash in a smash Link social thread.

To answer your question, yes, that's my channel where you were watching that video.
Huh yeah i guess. Sorry i was just wondering if it was the same person.

Ah okay. It was a pretty good video

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Interesting Smash Science video. Our boy Link did pretty well for once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FLtj3t1M5k
I love this guy's videos. His voice is so endearing somehow. And the content itself is always well tested.
Anyway, this does raise the obvious question, are we taking advantage of being the best turner? Are we perhaps underutilising Link's grounded movement? It might be something for everyone to consider and experiment with. And then post about in the meta thread..

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been integrating Dthrow>FH Nair into my game and it's great. For some reason I had always gone for a hard read at that % range before :facepalm:.

Can I get some advice? If I was to buy a new PC that works for games like Dark Souls 3 but is inexpensive, what would you recommend? Specs, memory, etc? Any good controllers that work with PCs? Price range? Thanks.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Here's a tier list of how smart I think Smash 4 characters are. It's largely based on speculation from their games.

A
:4link:/:4tlink::4fox::4ganondorf::4villager::4zelda:/:4sheik::4zss:/:4samus::4olimar:
All these characters have shown advanced strategy, puzzle solving or to be educated. Link stars in puzzle dungeon busters, Zelda and Ganon are leaders/strategists and Zelda is probably well educated, Villager is more of an economist and became mayor, Olimar is an explorer and scientist, Samus and Fox show military strategy/knowledge, puzzle solving (Dinosaur Planet) and possibly futuristic mechanical knowledge.
B
:4bayonetta2::4cloud::4corrin::4myfriends::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4ness::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4wiifit::4falco:
Smart but not anything particularly special. I'm assuming psychic power =/= intelligence but might take skill to control/learn. Fire Emblem characters might be a tier up since they were in war strategy games but I never played them. Palutena may be a goddess but she's never actually shown to be very clever. MK tried to conquer Dreamland but got nowhere. Rosa is hard to tell. Being skilled in magic like Bayo and Cloud or disciplined like WFT and Ryu may be signs of intelligence. TBH several of these characters could be A tier but I'm not sure enough. A few like Cloud and WFT could also be in C.
C
:4falcon::4drmario:/:4mario::4littlemac::4luigi::4darkpit::4peach::4pit::4wario:
Average human intelligence. Mario does not have a doctorate and throws pills at everything.
D
:4lucario::4bowserjr::4dedede::4bowser::4pacman::4sonic::4larry: (Koopalings):4diddy::4dk::4yoshi:
These characters can talk but are sub-par to humans.
E
:4charizard::4duckhunt::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4pikachu:
Animals and/or babies. IDK how smart Greninja is.

Robot tier
:4gaw::4rob::4megaman:
I have no idea tier
:4shulk:

Feel free to comment, disagree, etc.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Here's a tier list of how smart I think Smash 4 characters are. It's largely based on speculation from their games.

A
:4link:/:4tlink::4fox::4ganondorf::4villager::4zelda:/:4sheik::4zss:/:4samus::4olimar:
All these characters have shown advanced strategy, puzzle solving or to be educated. Link stars in puzzle dungeon busters, Zelda and Ganon are leaders/strategists and Zelda is probably well educated, Villager is more of an economist and became mayor, Olimar is an explorer and scientist, Samus and Fox show military strategy/knowledge, puzzle solving (Dinosaur Planet) and possibly futuristic mechanical knowledge.
B
:4bayonetta2::4cloud::4corrin::4myfriends::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4ness::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4wiifit::4falco:
Smart but not anything particularly special. I'm assuming psychic power =/= intelligence but might take skill to control/learn. Fire Emblem characters might be a tier up since they were in war strategy games but I never played them. Palutena may be a goddess but she's never actually shown to be very clever. MK tried to conquer Dreamland but got nowhere. Rosa is hard to tell. Being skilled in magic like Bayo and Cloud or disciplined like WFT and Ryu may be signs of intelligence. TBH several of these characters could be A tier but I'm not sure enough. A few like Cloud and WFT could also be in C.
C
:4falcon::4drmario:/:4mario::4littlemac::4luigi::4darkpit::4peach::4pit::4wario:
Average human intelligence. Mario does not have a doctorate and throws pills at everything.
D
:4lucario::4bowserjr::4dedede::4bowser::4pacman::4sonic::4larry: (Koopalings):4diddy::4dk::4yoshi:
E

Robot tier
I have no idea tier

Link and Gay should be in D Tier, because they speak in screams.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

A
B
C
D
E

Robot tier
I have no idea tier

Pit should be down in D. Cause he can't read. And Shulk is definitely up in B tier. IN his own game he is actually quiet smart, being a mechanic, can read. He could easily be A

Also at the very least Robin could be up in A, given he is a Tactician.

Last edited:
Top Bottom