• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Metroid Prime Federation Force videos have likes and comments disabled, lol.
[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTKApLBPR8k[/URL]

LOL i guess they didn't want anyone hating on it since it isn't a REAL Metroid game.
They shut down a good remake made by fans so that people would get there dog **** soccer game. That's a whole new level of suck and desperation for a game franchise.

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Yeah.

And thats not even the best part. This game was not going to be for sale. And this game was in development for a while now mind you. If Nintendo was going to shut the project they had a long time to do so. But as soon as the project is released "oh sorry fam, that **** ain't go fly". And this isn't even the first time they did this. A while ago, someone made a 3D remake of the original Legend of Zelda and it looked awesome. And then Nintendo shuts it down. And then Pokemon Uranium (another dedicated fan game) and that was shut down. But I can see the other side of what Nintendo was thinking a bit. AM2R is a remake of Metroid 2 and that's on the Eshop for sale. If people go out and get the free better version of a game, then why bye the old version which will cost money? Its a valid business decision on paper, and plus it's their brand anyway. But making a game takes a lot of work, especially with not much money put into it. It's a video game dedicated to what you built and inspired them with. Its kind of cold to do that to a fan if you ask me. Capcom take's fan games and places them on their websites and even places them on their facebook and twitter. That's awesome. But for Nintendo, they do the opposite. It does not help the franchise, it does not help the fan base and it does not help the company in the end.

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
They shut down a good remake made by fans so that people would get there dog **** soccer game. That's a whole new level of suck and desperation for a game franchise.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. AM2R was created by fans who loved the Metroid series and wanted those who also loved the series to give it a try. They weren't trying to get people to buy it, it was free to play. But Nintendo be like, "Hah, nope." I understand that it's their product. Don't you think fan games of your characters might help boost their popularity and maybe make people try out the actual non fan games of the series? seriously Nintendo c'mon.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think the sadder fact is that the Soinc twitter account did more to celebrate Metroid's anniversary then Nintendo did.

I'm not a huge Metroid but even i think that is unfair of Nintendo

:135:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
So apparently it's cool for Smashboards to write an article about a Japanese Link pulling off combos on FG, but very little is mentioned about T's or Cat's multiple top 8 placements at tourneys. Here's the vid. the writer was drooling over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onOPniQam0Y

The only notable thing I saw was the footstool to bomb drops on Bowser.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
"they tend to exploit lesser-used characters to their full potential and show us what they are truly capable of" lol yeah doing some silly **** on FG, LINK'S FULL POTENTIAL, go ahead and shieldgrab mac's fsmash gonna bring you a lot of joy when facing all those weeaaak american macs who haven't unlocked his "full potential"

Rizen

Smash Legend
So apparently it's cool for Smashboards to write an article about a Japanese Link pulling off combos on FG, but very little is mentioned about T's or Cat's multiple top 8 placements at tourneys. Here's the vid. the writer was drooling over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onOPniQam0Y

The only notable thing I saw was the footstool to bomb drops on Bowser.
That kind of stupidity used to bug me a lot but I'm trying to not care and ignore it :/

I found an AMR2 speedrun. So this is what we're missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krTEb5I1AT0

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
AM2R is so dope dude. It feels nice to actually play a Metroid game that isn't bad over the last 6 years. The best part is how good Samus controls accompanied with the music. I just got done beating the thing with the shell. The bosses I will admit are pretty hard at first, but its basically just remembering the move sets for them.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I don't think either made it to the stream for singles off the top of my head didn't see any other Links. But I'll check archives later maybe Rooky vs Larry or Mekos was.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My kitten gets a ridge-back when she's scared; it's so cute. I'll try to sort through my pictures and upload some. I haven't had much time for that lately.

edit, here's her "helping" me play smash.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Went to PAX today, kinda disappointed in the lack of stuff from Nintendo. Other than a room dedicated to their indie games, they honestly had nothing going on. Their main booth only featured Dragon Quest and Yokai Watch as playable games, with a little Pokemon Sun and Moon on the side, which sucked cause you'd think they have something Breath of the Wild related. Hopefully it turns out better for them next year.

IMßA

Smash Rookie
Yo Cat, I saw you lost to the same player in losers @ avalon... the Zard main (Mank). Any thoughts on how we should have played against him? I had a really though time against him. He just shields everything, spot dodges on point. I just could not get anything started. What was your experience with the MU? It wasn't on stream, so I did not see the match.

I was doing pretty good up until I faced Mank. Got bodied by iStudying in winners round 2, but I'm not going to beat myself up for that :p. I was glad I could at least win a couple of matches. First time at Avalon it was the amateur bracket for me. This time I made it to 64th. Aiming for at least top 32 next time.

Btw Foxy, nice talking to you at Avalon. It was great seeing you rooting for your fellow Link mains :)

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yo Cat, I saw you lost to the same player in losers @ avalon... the Zard main (Mank). Any thoughts on how we should have played against him? I had a really though time against him. He just shields everything, spot dodges on point. I just could not get anything started. What was your experience with the MU? It wasn't on stream, so I did not see the match.

I was doing pretty good up until I faced Mank. Got bodied by iStudying in winners round 2, but I'm not going to beat myself up for that :p. I was glad I could at least win a couple of matches. First time at Avalon it was the amateur bracket for me. This time I made it to 64th. Aiming for at least top 32 next time.

Btw Foxy, nice talking to you at Avalon. It was great seeing you rooting for your fellow Link mains :)
Oh hey man. Nice to see you've finally said something XD. I'd point you in the direction of some threads but you already know your way around.
Remind me, were you planning on going to syndicate? I was a bit tired due to jet-lag at the time so I don't remember a whole lot from that day.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yes Foxy's memory of that day is hazy (I only took mild advantage of it, a few touches in the no-no area, lock of his hair, some stolen goods the usual)

IMßA

Smash Rookie
@Foxy, I would have loved to go to syndicate... but by the time I knew it was going to take place, it was already full up :(. So my only option would be to go as a spectator..

Dumbfire Dumbfire , Nothing like taking advantage of a jetlagged moderator haha. Btw your Wii Fit Trainer looked flashy. Did you play Link in other matches, or did you go Wii Fit the entire tourney?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Why.... Hello Links.

Nice to see (some) of you are still standing. Good. I almost thought another incarnation of Demise destroyed you.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Why.... Hello Links.

Nice to see (some) of you are still standing. Good. I almost thought another incarnation of Demise destroyed you.
Think most of them are just waiting for Breath of the Wild.

I know i am

D

Deleted member

Why.... Hello Links.

Long time, no see.

Think most of them are just waiting for Breath of the Wild.

I know i am

In my case, I've been posting more in other sections on Smashboards. (And I'm also looking forward to Breath of the Wild.)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh hey man. Nice to see you've finally said something XD. I'd point you in the direction of some threads but you already know your way around.
Remind me, were you planning on going to syndicate? I was a bit tired due to jet-lag at the time so I don't remember a whole lot from that day.
So you flew to the Netherlands? Cool.

I played a Lucario; it's really hard to space him at first but I ended up winning about 1/2 the time. He has a lot of burst movements and techs. I need to practice several MUs.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I barely have time to play either except at ungodly hours in the night :/ I'm enjoying playing tonight even though my timing and controls are terrible. Link's really fun to play :)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@Foxy, I would have loved to go to syndicate... but by the time I knew it was going to take place, it was already full up :(. So my only option would be to go as a spectator..
Well I'll be there in any case. I'd tell you to just come along as a spectator anyway, but they did raise the price so I wouldn't blame you if you chose to just watch the stream instead.
So you flew to the Netherlands? Cool.
It was kind of a spur of the moment decision. I was in between courses, I had the time and the money, it's something I've been wanting to do for a while, so I just went for it.
32 hours of travel later, it's really nice to be here.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
All you guys having all this funny stories and stuff... makes me wish i could explore the world and me people :/

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I bought 5 bottles of Crystal Pepsi. Apparently they're being discontinued again. Time to savor 3 of them, and save the last one for 20 years.

Top Bottom