• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Oh I actually know Tsage in person so couldn't get confused with him he's been leveling up.

Last we talked he tried to get me to join the Link vs Lucina discord battle in which... I main both those characters. But at that time I had work anyways so I couldn't.

Sova Unknown = Unknown? = Link from Brawl?

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I saw how you guys were treating my buddy and I didn't like it...and to be honest with you Catana...you're not good enough to talk like you're something...
Lol. Come to Genesis 4 and say that to his face.

Last edited:

ATARi

Smash Rookie
NNID
ATARi-evif
Lol. Come to Genesis 4 and say that to his face.
I honestly would if I had the funds and resources to go. Trust me I'm not some random lol I can back my talk up. Ask somebody.
I came to defend my buddy...BECAUSE YOU GUYS STARTED IT FIRST @_@
But the point is to encourage one another, not bash them because they posted a video and was the best Link in Brawl. I mean we've explained this before...either way I want to see Link grow as well because I use him too at an above average level. Chill-acks with the flaming and start socializing like a team ♥

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
I saw how you guys were treating my buddy and I didn't like it...and to be honest with you Catana...you're not good enough to talk like you're something...Sm4sh isn't like Brawl where you can call players free...the meta is developing.
lmao... you didnt like how we're ''treating'' your buddy so you come in here giving empty and pointless statements about how good hes supposed to be? all we did was tell you guys the truth, if your sad thin skin cant handle that then dont bother talking to me anymore. and LOL i cant call people free? cause the meta is developing? again, what kind of logic even is this.. there are a lot of people who suck at this game, but if you think otherwise you must be pretty free yourself.

Anyway, the dude came in the thread introducing himself and shared a video, and you guys immediately jumped on him...play him offline if anything before you talk.
this is so so sad and wrong.. no, i just told him he has much yet to learn in a non-hostile manner and foxy told him he should be using a-stick because lets be honest, he should since its essential for link in this game. then he immediately called him out like a kid because his pride got hurt over a simple post on the internet. we didnt immediately jump on him, we told him the truth, he couldnt handle it and interpeted it as something hostile and felt the need to tell everyone just how much of a legend he is while bringing his dog along. i'm not afraid to play him, in fact i'd mm you both.

But in all seriousness, stop talking like you guys are big...
this is hilarious and hypocritical in so many ways. you do realize your little ''buddy'' felt the need to tell all of us just how good he is and that hes a legend we can all learn from, dont you? i'll leave the rest to you...

YOU'RE A LINK DISCORD...
pretty sure this is the boards we're at fam, not everyone here is in the discord

help each other out and play nice is all I'm saying, no need to be so hostile lol.
nope this is definitely not all you're saying, please be honest with yourself and dont be a saint

I honestly would if I had the funds and resources to go. Trust me I'm not some random lol I can back my talk up. Ask somebody.
> claims hes able to back his talk up
> tells us to talk to someone else
lel

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Eh I don't really think you're in a position to call just anyone free. I never really liked that word to begin with not very newcomer friendly.

Yes there are a bunch of people still learning how to play. There are also a bunch of people improving and making waves at the same time.

Yes you would be the type to MM everyone.

Where as I would just do it in tournament as I don't really have anything to prove...

I'm very aware your a top link in Europe still I always said you had a solid Link.

Me and Foxy already settled our differences the whole call out thing was a joke to retaliate to the irrelevant video part. I made it fairly obvious with all caps I have no real intention to play him online unless he wants to for some sparring or something which all are welcome.

Last edited:

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
But the point is to encourage one another, not bash them because they posted a video and was the best Link in Brawl.
As interesting as your distorted history lesson and explanation of being has-beens, has been, did you actually say Lord Xavier was the best Link in Brawl?

Sure that could be your opinion and that would explain why you're arguing for this but almost nobody else here would agree with that.

It's really that simple. Lord Xavier wasn't the best, not even close. Understanding that now will save you a lot of time and arguments in the future.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Overall in Brawl? We had no clear best... Deva was the first to get a title like that till others developed.

There was always an Izaw but he was moreso YouTube famous even tho his Link has always been solid regardless. He seems to actually do tournaments a lot more now in Smash 4 so it's good to see him making moves too.

For the last remainder of my lifespan in the game. I definitely was there wasn't a Link out there doing anything I didn't do better. Scizor was just starting to look good tbh he was probably the best after I left.

Last edited:

ATARi

Smash Rookie
NNID
ATARi-evif
lmao... you didnt like how we're ''treating'' your buddy so you come in here giving empty and pointless statements about how good hes supposed to be? all we did was tell you guys the truth, if your sad thin skin cant handle that then dont bother talking to me anymore. and LOL i cant call people free? cause the meta is developing? again, what kind of logic even is this.. there are a lot of people who suck at this game, but if you think otherwise you must be pretty free yourself.

this is so so sad and wrong.. no, i just told him he has much yet to learn in a non-hostile manner and foxy told him he should be using a-stick because lets be honest, he should since its essential for link in this game. then he immediately called him out like a kid because his pride got hurt over a simple post on the internet. we didnt immediately jump on him, we told him the truth, he couldnt handle it and interpeted it as something hostile and felt the need to tell everyone just how much of a legend he is while bringing his dog along. i'm not afraid to play him, in fact i'd mm you both.

this is hilarious and hypocritical in so many ways. you do realize your little ''buddy'' felt the need to tell all of us just how good he is and that hes a legend we can all learn from, dont you? i'll leave the rest to you...

pretty sure this is the boards we're at fam, not everyone here is in the discord

nope this is definitely not all you're saying, please be honest with yourself and dont be a saint

> claims hes able to back his talk up
> tells us to talk to someone else
lel
http://www.ssbwiki.com/GUMS_7 Here is ONE of LordXavier's results from his tournaments and he has more on his page I guess, you can find the rest on Challonge.
I'm being honest with you, this isn't the game you can call people free....at least...people with results like LordXavier and myself.

It's really that simple. Lord Xavier wasn't the best, not even close. Understanding that now will save you a lot of time and arguments in the future.
Many people agree'd that he was the best Link on EC while Scizor was WC but overall even Nairo (at the time) said he was the best Link he's played...hands DOWN back at dissention 2012...but enough about the past.

I get that you were saying he has ways to go and such, and even I agree to that >_> no offense X, but that was just a sample of what he could do lol. If anything why not play him...

there are a lot of people who suck at this game, but if you think otherwise you must be pretty free yourself.
...Oh...free huh...
http://challonge.com/SundayShowdown_Smash4
http://challonge.com/ss_smash4_1
http://challonge.com/SS_Sm4sh_Singles
http://challonge.com/Smash4_Singles
http://challonge.com/Smash4_Doubles
http://challonge.com/lcolbgvy
http://challonge.com/Smash4League632015
http://challonge.com/smash4gu8415
http://challonge.com/HSG_S4W102215
http://challonge.com/HSG_S4W102915
http://challonge.com/smash4gu11315
http://challonge.com/smash4gu122215
http://challonge.com/HSG_S4Weekly_070716#

here's my results not including all of them but a somewhat chronological. I can back up my talk, but overall you can ask other people of my region or those who've played me before to find out more. The other people serving as vouchers.

Ya'll seem too afraid to give any Link their due credit. Yeah Cat...you're good...we know, but you shouldn't talk down on others before you play them yourself :) Just saying.

Now enough flaming, get to work and help each other out lol.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Alright. That's enough. I'm sick of reading these pathetic posts.

Any further ego stroking can be taken to PMs if you really must continue to talk about it at all. Discussion on who is the best and who is better has been temp-banned before and I'm doing it again, not because it isn't a potentially valid discussion, but because people cannot seem to have this discussion without getting their feelings hurt. I'm ending it here before things escalate.

Any further posts on this topic from this point onward will be infracted as spam (or something else if it seems more appropriate) regardless of who posts it, and regardless of how little you think you're overstepping the boundary. Do not test me. Consider this is your verbal warning.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Alright. That's enough. I'm sick of reading these pathetic posts.

Any further ego stroking can be taken to PMs if you really must continue to talk about it at all. Discussion on who is the best and who is better has been temp-banned before and I'm doing it again, not because it isn't a potentially valid discussion, but because people cannot seem to have this discussion without getting their feelings hurt. I'm ending it here before things escalate.

Any further posts on this topic from this point onward will be infracted as spam (or something else if it seems more appropriate) regardless of who posts it, and regardless of how little you think you're overstepping the boundary. Do not test me. Consider this is your verbal warning.
You're no fun Foxy.

ScizorVX

Smash Apprentice
But I have so much to say LMAO and anywho how would you guys feel about linkle dlc I'd be very interested in how'd she'd play like

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I don't know about Lucina, but Bidou with Link is garbage.

Lol it probably is xD right now it just a pain for me to get used to this control scheme first.

Tried it for an hour with both I can't really use the control setting too well so scratch Bidou part.

Yeah have to agree with Fox it only meant for movement mostly and characters with great jabs or tilts. Which Link doesn't have. Was thinking it would kill the other techs as well.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The distance gained by Link using the 'step-dash' is minimal compared to the distance covered in the same amount of time simply walking. To give you an idea, you can only reach about one square further than a walk on miiverse in the same amount of frames using a step-dash Jab/Grab/U-tilt and maybe 1 and a half for F-tilt, and that's if you get it just right. (I was able to re-create it using frame skip inputs in training mode so I could get it perfectly with precision every time for testing purposes.)

What the video does not tell you is how incredibly finicky this all is. A difference of a single frame anywhere in your input can mean the difference between getting the kind of slides showcased in the video, or accidentally dashing, getting no slide at all, or getting a notably weaker slide. This tech is not easy, so for the chance of getting a slight increase in reach with the high risk of getting less reach or some other action entirely, I say it's not worth our time.

As for approaching with the Hylian shield, I assume you mean by activating the step-dash with a crouch, but what you fail to realise is that the Hylian shield will not block projectiles while in the transitional state of going from the standing position to the fully crouched position (or back up). So by the time you are fully crouched and your Hylian shield is activated once more, the distance covered will be almost at an end. If you want to approach with the Hylian shield, just walk. It will get you there pretty much just as fast, and it will actually block projectiles for you the whole way.

Finally, for those wondering, no, you will not get some super effective slide if you use this after a bombslide.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
The advantage of the slide isn't distance, it's our ability to begin an attack while advancing, rather than advance and then attack.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So a seal walks into a dive bar somewhere in the arctic. He sits down next to an ****** at the bar and orders a cheep beer. The seal mutters "I don't what my purpose in life is". The ****** replies "join the club".
Get it? Club, seal?

...I'm sorry that was in bad taste, how is everybody doing today?

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
Muslim walks into a gay bar, bartender asks, "So what'll it be?" Muslim says, "Shots for everyone!"

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've opened Pandora's box.

A panda walks into a bar and orders a beer and a hamburger. After he eats he stands up stretches and pulls out a gun shooting everyone in the room but the bartender. The panda puts $20 on the bar and turns to leave. As he walks out the door the bartender asks why the panda shot everyone. The panda tells him to look in the encyclopedia. The bartender looks up panda and he reads "Panda: Large black and white mammal native to China. Eats shoots and leaves."!

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
So what stages do people pick in bracket?
I pretty much always like Battlefield now even against chars that are said to do well on the stage like Fox and ZSS.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Hey guys I dug up some of my old home videos, you can see em on discord because they were judged too sexually suggestive for smashboards (not kidding)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Q Why did Nickle's wife cheat on him with Dime?
A Because Dime's twice the man he'll ever be.

edit, I was going to do laundry but there's a homeless guy sleeping in the apartment laundry room. It seems like he's been smoking. I'm not going to call the cops since it's raining even though this is private property. If it happens again then i'll worry about it :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom