• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Izaw

Smash Ace
The MVD set was horrible, I played so bad(early morning jhons :3) It was 10am and I'm sooo not a morning person lol, still though I made it to 9th place. I beat luigi player which was favored to win this tournament,he's def one of the best EU players, beat his Luigi, then he went Diddy and won, then I counter picked FD and won it, then I went up against S1-14, best Ness in EU, and lost twice on last stock last hit :(

Next time boyz, next time..

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
The MVD set was horrible, I played so bad(early morning jhons :3) It was 10am and I'm sooo not a morning person lol, still though I made it to 9th place. I beat luigi player which was favored to win this tournament,he's def one of the best EU players, beat his Luigi, then he went Diddy and won, then I counter picked FD and won it, then I went up against S1-14, best Ness in EU, and lost twice on last stock last hit :(

Wow, commendable job to say the least Izaw :)

Did you go all Link in those matches?

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4

**** ya Izaw, good ****! Im not a Smash 4 player, rather, I focus on Project M. But its always cool to see Links put in that work in any smash game. Kind of sucks that Rizen, Hyrule Hero or couldn't make it out there. Also upload that set vs ZERO already! XD

Last edited:

Izaw

Smash Ace
Yea Link all the way, almost had the Ness tho ;( so could have been too 8 shame

Thnx tho XD this just made me nr 1 in Scandinavia , yay!

**** ya Izaw, good ****! Im not a Smash 4 player, rather, I focus on Project M. But its always cool to see Links put in that work in any smash game. Kind of sucks that Rizen, Hyrule Hero or couldn't make it out there. Also upload that set vs ZERO already! XD
You guys have to understand that I'm in beast atm, and before that I was in ggsmash and then Avalon so haven't been home yet, otherwise it would have been uploaded already, also, I always try having my sets commentated, which is usually the MAIN reason to why they take long to upload cuz some commentators sleep on it, luckily I found a commentator that is awesome, efficient and professional.

Last edited:

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
You guys have to understand that I'm in beast atm, otherwise it would have been up already, also, I always try having my sets commentated, which is usually the MAIN reason to why they take long to upload cuz some commentators sleep on it, luckily I found a commentator that is awesome, efficient and professional, it will be up on Monday, promise

Edit: **** sry for double post x(
I know man, im just excited to watch it :p

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman

Yea Link all the way, almost had the Ness tho ;( so could have been too 8 shame

Thnx tho XD this just made me nr 1 in Scandinavia , yay!

You guys have to understand that I'm in beast atm, and before that I was in ggsmash and then Avalon so haven't been home yet, otherwise it would have been uploaded already, also, I always try having my sets commentated, which is usually the MAIN reason to why they take long to upload cuz some commentators sleep on it, luckily I found a commentator that is awesome, efficient and professional, it will be up on Monday, promise
Good stuff Izaw :). To be fair, even Cat has mentioned Link has the matchup advantage vs. Luigi right? I presume he partly switched to Diddy for that reason. How do you feel the Ness matchup is, or at least playing S1-14 as Link haha?

Izaw

Smash Ace
The Ness match up is fine as Link, I'm not gonna be like "uuuuuhhh it's 55/45 for ness". It's PROBABLY 50/50 I just haven't gotten there yet cuz I really don't have any Ness's to practice against and learn the match up real deeply, but I'll eventually figure out small things here and there about it and make it 50/50 and hopefully I can become a better player and win against S1-14, cuz it was super close as I said, last stock last hit pretty much, he just straight up outplayed me twice

And yea cats right Link vs Luigi is like 55/45 for Link

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Wheo released another video with Link tips or what not. Anything of note here that either wasn't known or is practical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lzNuleE2A

I figured grounded DAir is hard enough to hit normally, but I'm curious whether the followups after the second one are useful.
Ok... let's see.
@0:56- This double Dair stuff is great and all, but what is being shown here is not the spike hitbox at all; he's hitting with the late hitbox that occurs from frame 21. Meaning that while this is put forward as though it is a new thing thanks to the added inability to spike grounded opponents in the recent patch, what is shown was always possible. Cool.
@1:12- If Fox DIs away at any point, this won't work. Just ftr.
@1:17- same goes for Charizard.
@1:21- and Diddy.
@1:35- 'Guaranteed' is a very strong word. For this to be the case, there must be no possible way to escape what you are showing here.
With no DI, by starting at 19%, Charizard will usually be able to airdodge to avoid the second Dair hit. It was only because you initially/deliberately landed on his back that this was able to work.
By DIing away Charizard can always avoid the footstool.
@1:39- by reducing the starting percent to 18%, not even landing the initial Dair lower down on Charizard's back will stop him from being able to airdodge the pogo without the need for DI.
You know what, I'm just going to skip what's left of this whole Dair section. You get the point.
@2:40- Corrin can DJ out before landing. The character this is being done on must fall fast enough such that they hit the ground before they can do anything.
@3:30- 'Immediately' after hitstun anyway. It would have been better to show this at low percent in any case.
@4:08- "It gives you extra range and is also safer than a normal boomerang throw" I believe you meant 'or', not 'and', depending on whether you're bouncing toward the opponent or away from them.
@4:30- Nobody is changing their controls to B-stick.
@5:03- What you call a 'Turn Around Wavebounce' is actually a B-reversal.
@5:40- Only three ways to Z-drop bombs? You sure?
@5:55- This is technically incorrect and in any case doesn't matter.
@6:18- But I thought there were only three ways to Z-drop Bombs XD.
@6:30- The Fast fall isn't necessary, but ok.
@6:35- And don't forget to return the joystick to neutral before you attempt to drop the bomb -which I'm sure is what you were just about to say.
@7:22- Not something I'd personally call 'very safe'.
@7:28- The instruction to slide the analogue stick in the left direction is pointless insofar as it doesn't actually do anything for the AT itself, and in any case it is unhelpful for those on the left side of the stage.
@7:30- Fox can technically drop shield after taking both hits of Fair on shield without powershielding, dash off the edge and Bair Link as he's reeling in the tether before we can grab the ledge. Just something to think about.
@7:56- There's that word 'guarantee' again. It's a shame that Villager can DJ before landing to avoid the guaranteed Grab.

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Damm the link thread is rough^. Unless I read wrong what are your thoughts on the up speciel lag recovery with the bomb blowing up? I put it in as a extra killing move, so far it's ok but I'm use it at my next local tourney.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Damm the link thread is rough^. Unless I read wrong what are your thoughts on the up speciel lag recovery with the bomb blowing up? I put it in as a extra killing move, so far it's ok but I'm use it at my next local tourney.
Not really worth it. Think about the risks versus rewards, you take guaranteed damage but with a little less recovery time. Also, you have to time it correctly and expect a setup where you can use the up-B with out using something like a jab. It doesn't seem worth it at all, either you get the up-B and take bomb damage or miss the up-B and take bomb damage with a possible punish depending on the character. Link has better kill options than this, but hey, test it out and see if you like it.

Capu

Smash Rookie
And so i went to a new tournament, this time much bigger and better. It was pretty fun but i got a little nervous since it was way bigger than the last tourney everyone went with their A game. I lost a match against Aliluc's Dark Pit because of a miss input SD at the end (no johns tho) and then in losers i lost to Joaco's Cloud (nerves got the best of me in that one sigh*)
Over all a great tournament. I managed to get to the top 17 so i'm pretty glad. http://challonge.com/es/asdcomwiiu/standings
Shout outs to Mariano, one of the best greninjas i've ever seen!

Chaoslink

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaosl1nk
i'm pretty sure wheo is one of those people who uses FG as results, he's not the best person to listen to, though he's found some cool bomb tricks, i don't think he's the best when it comes to true combos or matchups, and he doesn't really have any tournament results to back it up (from what i've seen anyway)

Also good stuff at beast izaw, i didn't get to see it live but that 2v1 comeback was pretty sick

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Ok... let's see.
@0:56- This double Dair stuff is great and all, but what is being shown here is not the spike hitbox at all; he's hitting with the late hitbox that occurs from frame 21. Meaning that while this is put forward as though it is a new thing thanks to the added inability to spike grounded opponents in the recent patch, what is shown was always possible. Cool.
@1:12- If Fox DIs away at any point, this won't work. Just ftr.
@1:17- same goes for Charizard.
@1:21- and Diddy.
@1:35- 'Guaranteed' is a very strong word. For this to be the case, there must be no possible way to escape what you are showing here.
With no DI, by starting at 19%, Charizard will usually be able to airdodge to avoid the second Dair hit. It was only because you initially/deliberately landed on his back that this was able to work.
By DIing away Charizard can always avoid the footstool.
@1:39- by reducing the starting percent to 18%, not even landing the initial Dair lower down on Charizard's back will stop him from being able to airdodge the pogo without the need for DI.
You know what, I'm just going to skip what's left of this whole Dair section. You get the point.
@2:40- Corrin can DJ out before landing. The character this is being done on must fall fast enough such that they hit the ground before they can do anything.
@3:30- 'Immediately' after hitstun anyway. It would have been better to show this at low percent in any case.
@4:08- "It gives you extra range and is also safer than a normal boomerang throw" I believe you meant 'or', not 'and', depending on whether you're bouncing toward the opponent or away from them.
@4:30- Nobody is changing their controls to B-stick.
@5:03- What you call a 'Turn Around Wavebounce' is actually a B-reversal.
@5:40- Only three ways to Z-drop bombs? You sure?
@5:55- This is technically incorrect and in any case doesn't matter.
@6:18- But I thought there were only three ways to Z-drop Bombs XD.
@6:30- The Fast fall isn't necessary, but ok.
@6:35- And don't forget to return the joystick to neutral before you attempt to drop the bomb -which I'm sure is what you were just about to say.
@7:22- Not something I'd personally call 'very safe'.
@7:28- The instruction to slide the analogue stick in the left direction is pointless insofar as it doesn't actually do anything for the AT itself, and in any case it is unhelpful for those on the left side of the stage.
@7:30- Fox can technically drop shield after taking both hits of Fair on shield without powershielding, dash off the edge and Bair Link as he's reeling in the tether before we can grab the ledge. Just something to think about.
@7:56- There's that word 'guarantee' again. It's a shame that Villager can DJ before landing to avoid the guaranteed Grab.
Kind of what I guessed. But hey, at least there was one positive point at the beginning xD. Hey Fox, hopefully you don't mind me sending your post to Wheo, since I'd rather not have him spread around misinformation. He seems to be putting in the effort, however misguided, so might as well get him to learn the right way to lab :).

Last edited:

Rebel_GK

Smash Rookie
NNID
Malakite10
Dang that was really fun to watch. That dair to nair to seal the stock was really nice.

I kept waiting for Zero to overextend with his shield and have it break...would've been hype. Great pressure Izaw Izaw .

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
here you guys go

Izaw VS ZeRo Money Match
Cool. Fun matches and thanks for the upload with commentary.

Really liked the edgeguarding by both of you the first match. Btw, it really didn't seem like Zero knew how Link's bomb jumps work in this game... he was trying to do the Melee one (last ditch effort?) xD and Nakat/Keitaro didn't seem to know it either T_T. The clanks were pretty funny though, loved you just blocking the boomerang with your Hylian Shield and Zero definitely wasn't falling for Jab 2 cancels (although why were you doing them at such a low % lol?)

And Nakat & Keitaro didn't know about DThrow to UAir?... Really?.... Would have liked them to at least know the basic Link combos as commentators of a Link ditto to be honest :/.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Fox, hopefully you don't mind me sending your post to Wheo, since I'd rather not have him spread around misinformation. He seems to be putting in the effort, however misguided, so might as well get him to learn the right way to lab :).
Believe it or not, I'd really rather not be seen as a ******** XD, so it'd be best if you didn't send him my post. In any case, it's too late now. Instead, just ask him to consider PMing me his next video before he makes it public so that I can tell him what I believe should be changed, and then the rest is up to him.
Also, maybe send him a link to my labbing thread.

Rizen

Smash Legend
here you guys go

Izaw VS ZeRo Money Match
"ZeRo" doesn't even have a tag, just player 1, why didn't "ZeRo" use the 7^ tag he used at the rest of Genesis 3 like here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9p9ZCoeYXg
I like how "ZeRo" has no concept of a punish game and just jabs the whiffed grab at 1:58 instead of killing. It's amazing how @TSM ZeRo who won Genesis 3 lost to Izaw Izaw who drowned in the pools there! The Izaw who got 2 stocked in matches where, unlike this one, the commentary was actually live with cams so you could see who's playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjATdARMsCQ
It says in the description this was sponsored by Bogart Smash Tour! That must be why it was uploaded so late and in a different format than all other Genesis 3 videos! So you're making money off these "MM"s with "great players", aren't you? Congratulations on this "totally legit" enterprise!

Wow, this is the most AMAZING feat ever! Not the games but the proof that people on youtube will believe literally anything!

Tompa

Smash Rookie
""ZeRo" doesn't even have a tag, just player 1, why didn't "ZeRo" use the 7^ tag he used at the rest of Genesis 3 like here?"

What are you saying? That the player Izaw facing isn´t ZeRo?? :) :) Stop it already.

Rizen

Smash Legend
User was warned for this post
""ZeRo" doesn't even have a tag, just player 1, why didn't "ZeRo" use the 7^ tag he used at the rest of Genesis 3 like here?"

What are you saying? That the player Izaw facing isn´t ZeRo?? :) :) Stop it already.
Hey look everyone, the guy from Sweden with 8 posts all promoting Izaw who said he was from BSB
We are a organisation called "BogartSmashBrothers" and we are sponsoring some "moneymatches"
wants us to believe in Izaw! Everyone CLAP YOUR HANDS IF YOU BELIEVE IN IZAW! I'm probably going to get infracted already so I'm am going to flame these turkeys (sorry Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive ).

Seriously how do you sleep at night? You guys are trying to walk around looking dignified with throw up on your shoes. Way to con stupid people and **** all over competitive smash. You know, you're making all Link players look bad too. Some of us actually try to support the local smash scenes and online community. This isn't just some money making venture to us. We try to support each other, genuinely try to find the best match up ratios based on evidence, write guides, do what any good hobbyist would. You and Izaw are just exploiting people with cons and shock value. You're really disgusting people you know that? I'm so sick of this BS. You're so pathetic and despicable it's actually making me sad. It's hard to flame you guys anymore because it's like trying to insult a maggot.

I'm done. It's beyond comprehension how people can believe this sham. If people want to believe in this or the tooth fairy, whatever. Do whatever the hell you want; it's your integrity or lack of. I have nothing left to say.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I can't believe it actually came to this, but for the sake of a bit of peace and quiet XD, I have PM'd Zero. We may now move on with our lives and either Zero or I will let you know how it is next time he comes online.
In the mean time, there should be no reason to continue discussing it. So don't.

Tompa

Smash Rookie
Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive That post Rizen shared with us? Why do you not ban him för that? Not just a warning?

Rizen: My god. You sound like a very bitter man. Why do you write stuff like that? For staters? I am the chairman of BogartSmashBrothers and we are hosting local tournaments i Uddevalla Sweden so we are doing something for the scene. Our goal is to host a big tournament in the future. And I dont like how you treating people. Izaw is making a very god job promoting Link whatever you like it or not. He is inspring other people to play him and wanna be better. That alone is jobb well done. You on the other hand you are just a guy good at spredring hatred and bad mood on this board.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive That post Rizen shared with us? Why do you not ban him för that? Not just a warning?
It was infracted, even though the public message says 'warning' for both warnings and infractions. The moderator guidelines wouldn't count that as something requiring a ban in and of itself. You are always free to contact forum support about it though if you feel it is necessary. For what it's worth though, you appear to be able to defend yourself just fine, and in any case as you'll note from reading my above post, if you just wait, this will all be resolved without the need to drag this out any further.

Izaw

Smash Ace
1. Rizen, wow, you see there's a big reason I would never give any shout outs to you. Not only do I genuinely NOT know what you have provided with, seriously... What have you done as a Link main ever? Not that I care anymore seeing as how toxic you are. (please do not send me results and bullsh*t i don't care right now)

We try to support each other, genuinely try to find the best match up ratios based on evidence, write guides, do what any good hobbyist would.
HAHA. No. You do not support at all, I mean that's been clear for a long time now. Come on get out of here.
Match-up ratios based on evidence? Wow, hard work. Tell me what top Link player cares about that? Match up ratios change all the time, by PLAYING the match up, not by discussing and looking for evidence, you are providing nothing.
Write guides? No, that is what I do, for more than only Link as well, is that maybe why you hate me?

You've got a lot of hate in your heart, and if anything you're the only one here on these boards so far making everything extremely negative for no other reasons than Hate, and Jealousy. I understand where you are coming from, and that I posted the Art of Sheik once here, which I honestly did for no other reason to discuss Sheik, let people know I'm back, and to start working on Art of Link with everyone but it all turned south so I did it myself instead. I don't post things here to get views and promote, I mean.. I have subs, I have twitter and FB, the boards give me like maximum 100 views, which is nothing.

2. I have a better idea, ZeRo will probably not reply to this question, he tried hard to not send me the replays, but, we were at Sky's place, and Mr.R was there watching the whole thing, let's ask him.
Yo Ramin, back me up, was this MM real and whole story behind it real?
Let's wait and see what he says :)

3. Here is some more proof for you by the way

4. I was waiting for COMMENTARY, not sponsors,, WHY? For you guys, for the viewers to enjoy the content more, get over yourself buddy. I've had this sponsor for like a year now almost. They do not delay anything for me. And yes they pay me, I promote them. I make money on youtube, a lot of people do..was that news to you? Does that make you angry?

5. Hey smartass, it's a recording of 2 replays. Tags don't show up on replays, I guess you were so blind with hate you didn't even notice MY tag wasn't there. Breathe. Relax. Jez...

6. This is literally the last time I ever talk to you or respond to you, as long as you are the person you are with all the hate and issues inside of you, I rather just stay away. You can PM me again whenever you feel like you've worked out this problem, and let go of your denial, and beliefs and hopes of that I'm a "fraud". 9th at Beast 6 with all Link was completely ignored and denied by you. I'm gonna keep proving you wrong you know. Until you finally let go of this hate, and then the only comments you'll give will be super civil like.. "good job", or "that was fun". Wouldn't that be nice Rizen? I mean hey it's your choice by now to make these boards civil again, I've had way more haters on these boards before, I've made peace with all of them.. including Cat. You're the only one left.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Surprise, surprise, Izaw doesn't think ZeRo will back him up. There's no evidence at all, just shoutouts from Izaw's friends. Now the person who stood up to this obvious lie is being called hateful by the people putting it out. It's a sad world when people worship narcissistic liars with no evidence.

Last edited:

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
Surprise, surprise, Izaw doesn't think ZeRo will back him up. There's no evidence at all, just shoutouts from Izaw's friends. Now the person who stood up to this obvious lie is being called hateful by the people putting it out. It's a sad world when people worship narcissistic liars with no evidence.
Omg man, just chill the **** out. It's evidence enough, that both Sky williams posted that kind of thing on his twitter and ZeRo himself replied to it. If somthing bad like a lie was happening, Im pretty sure Izaw would have been called out for it by now. Izaw preformed beauitfully at Beast 6 just barley not making top 8, give some credit man, Izaw is a really strong ass Link player, did you not see that 2v1 comback in doubles. He made up with cat, straightened his **** out, and he is working hard, thats the Izaw I know. This isnt how I expected you to act Rizen, very dissapointed.

Last edited:

~Unknown~

Smash Apprentice
Respect to keitaro and nakat but the lack of link knowledge in this video is......well expected tbh. Maybe I should commentate the next one or someone with knowledge of link. Produce more hype!

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
LMAO it would be the most elaborate hoax in smash history
Lmao it really would, who knows!? maybe it was rizen playing the blue Link which is why he is so mad at Izaw!?....PLOT TWIST (jk, please dont kill me)
Respect to keitaro and nakat but the lack of link knowledge in this video is......well expected tbh. Maybe I should commentate the next one or someone with knowledge of link. Produce more hype!
His next match is most likely going to be "Ryo vs Izaw" So after that you should totally hop on that commentary. Izaw who is commentating that match?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guys, I was the first man to walk on the moon! Seriously my friend on twitter will confirm it.

Last edited:

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
Guys, I was the first man to walk on the moon! Seriously my friend on twitter will confirm it.
Please, Saus was the first man to walk on the moon..... (god that was terrible) but then again there is that 1% chance that it was some random marth who dressed up as the moon and put on a mask. See where im getting at?

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
It's obvious Izaw has one of the best links. I'm more surprised on how good Zero was with that link, those f airs he got on Izaw looked like the f airs he gets off stage with shiek.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I'm only here to confirm that the MM was real. If you don't believe me, ask anyone else at sky's house.

*flies away*

Top Bottom