• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Just saw my Pool brackets for Emerald City. If they don't change, I'm in Silent Wolfs bracket for Melee again. If I beat my first person in Smash 4, I move on to fight Poyo, the Kirby main.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Just saw my Pool brackets for Emerald City. If they don't change, I'm in Silent Wolfs bracket for Melee again. If I beat my first person in Smash 4, I move on to fight Poyo, the Kirby main.
Dont forget, Kirby's Dair has a landing hitbox similar to Falco's Fair. Other than that it should be free, Kirby shouldn't be able to pass your disjoint.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
im not coming either tomorrow, got a test monday early and it's important and difficult

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Since when is snow and ice some life threatening emergency?

This is the south. We're not really sure what that white stuff is but it's like super dangerous and stuff apparently. I mean, that car is on FIRE.

It's ok though, just means I'll be planning on going to Kings of the South next month.

Last edited:

Acenea

Smash Rookie
cant, money issues.

though if it makes up for it, i won the tourney today. 1st out of ~43 link/mk (mk only 1 set)
How much did you win? And did link get much better than brawl? Is he actually viable for tournaments now?

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
How much did you win? And did link get much better than brawl? Is he actually viable for tournaments now?
I dont know for sure yet until ive gotten it since I chose to receive it by bank transfer, but probably around ~€100.
And yes, Link is much better and more viable now, but still not amazing or anything.

Hey Cat, someone made a gif of you:
Looks like me

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
*Sigh* I don't know what to think here, this is now the fourth event in a row in which I've failed to get out of pools.

Somehow my scrubby, Wi-Fi warrior self managed to get top 32 at his first and third event, yet for some God-forsaken reason my present self has yet to find himself among such rankings in his last four.

I can't be getting… worse, can I?

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* I don't know what to think here, this is now the fourth event in a row in which I've failed to get out of pools.

Somehow my scrubby, Wi-Fi warrior self managed to get top 32 at his first and third event, yet for some God-forsaken reason my present self has yet to find himself among such rankings in his last four.

I can't be getting… worse, can I?
Or others are getting better or are figuring you out? I don't know, I haven't seen your play.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Money issues? I'm sure that the Link boards should be able to gather enough rupees to help fund you, or at least partially fund you.
That'd be pretty cool if enough people here want it and are able to make it happen, but im not getting my hopes up too much lol.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Yo guys. It has been a while!

I'm right now a PhD! I had a very hard time working in my thesis and my work, so I didn't have time to pass through here... I hope everyone is fine...

In terms of smash, It has been interesting. The level of my city has increasing, due to summer vacation and hard training of 5 players with second best chilean player Iori (first one is Zero). Right now, I can take 1 game to Iori (best chilean Sheik) and Tales (best chilean Luigi), but im losing to so-so players... i think my level is actually unstable.

there exist something new or interesting in the metagame of Link in the last month?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015

I'm right now a PhD! I had a very hard time working in my thesis and my work, so I didn't have time to pass through here... I hope everyone is fine...

In terms of smash, It has been interesting. The level of my city has increasing, due to summer vacation and hard training of 5 players with second best chilean player Iori (first one is Zero). Right now, I can take 1 game to Iori (best chilean Sheik) and Tales (best chilean Luigi), but im losing to so-so players... i think my level is actually unstable.

there exist something new or interesting in the metagame of Link in the last month?
Well in case you aren't aware of the buffs Link got, Fair is now a decent kill option (and a safe one with bomb conversions) and is much safer on shield because of the 3% damage buff. Dsmash and Fsmash are even more powerful than before, so Link has no problem killing anymore in general. Oh, and aerial spin attack connects way better now so you don't have to worry about people falling out as much anymore, which pretty much gives us another reliable kill option besides Fair. Link is looking pretty good this patch. He's just one more buff away from becoming a major threat in competitive play. Also, congrats!

On a side note, Izaw is always looking up his name to see who is talking about him lol.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
That'd be pretty cool if enough people here want it and are able to make it happen, but im not getting my hopes up too much lol.
Set up a Paypal account or something. I'll donate a couple dollars to help you out.

Congrats!

Looks like you've gotten your wish. I'll be there along with a few other notable Oregon players.
Yesssssss. Now we just need Natmax Natmax and @ZSaberLink to come, and we got ourselves a nice little 4 Swords Crew going.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Set up a Paypal account or something. I'll donate a couple dollars to help you out.
Thats kind, and I do have one, though it's already pretty much too late for me to go there anyway. I'd have to wait for the next eu major.

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
link7 link7 Had no idea you guys were from Washington as well XD. I'm back in the NE scene now though... back to getting bopped again *sigh*. It's the difference between getting 4th and 25th in a tournament of the same size :/

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Well in case you aren't aware of the buffs Link got, Fair is now a decent kill option (and a safe one with bomb conversions) and is much safer on shield because of the 3% damage buff. Dsmash and Fsmash are even more powerful than before, so Link has no problem killing anymore in general. Oh, and aerial spin attack connects way better now so you don't have to worry about people falling out as much anymore, which pretty much gives us another reliable kill option besides Fair. Link is looking pretty good this patch. He's just one more buff away from becoming a major threat in competitive play. Also, congrats!

On a side note, Izaw is always looking up his name to see who is talking about him lol.
Indeed! he's looking quite nicely in this patch. and lol on Izaw looking up his name.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
DJTHED DJTHED Don't forget to register online for Emerald City!

https://www.facebook.com/events/677966225673978/
Yup. Just waiting on a few things so I can pay for it.

Btw if you go looking for me I'll probably be wearing a beanie hat with a NES controller on the front and will also be wearing a pair of Gunnar's. I'll also probably be with that same person you saw at Dropzone wearing that elf hat, but he's wearing a raccoon hat now, which fits with his name better.

Top Bottom