• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yes. It's very stupid.
It is indeed.

Yes. I'm just very quick so you haven't noticed.
Really now? That's strange.

Link's aren't usually know for there speed.

Let us look at this logically.
Young Link from Majora's mask is immensely powerful yes, but he doesn't beat ALttP Link.

ALttP Link has more sword power with his Golden Master sword than with YL's Fairy Sword.
YL gets the Kokiri Sword, which is standard, but then doubles it to the amount of the Master Sword with the Gilded Sword, and then the Great Fairy Sword is twice the damage of the Gilded Sword and by comparison, the regular master sword.
ALttP Link has the Master sword, which he forges to the Silver Master Sword, which has twice the power of the Master Sword(And the same power as the Fairy Sword), and then forges it again to have twice the power. That is a 4-8 ratio. It barely is a fight.

Young Link also has better resistance to attacks, he takes 1/2 damage than most other Links.
However, ALttP Link has even better resistance, he takes 1/4 damage to attacks.

Young Link also has access to Magic Arrows, which does twice the amount of damage, and the light arrows,, which does 4 times the amount of damage.
ALttP gets the upgrade to his bow in the form of Silver Arrows. These arrows do twice the damage than a normal arrow.

In this one, YL is superior, no question about it. However, YL is tied to his magic meter for all of these, and Light arrows cost a ton of magic.Furthermore, YL will be doing the same amount of Damage to ALttP Link as he does to him with their bows due to ALttP Link's better tunic.

Hookshot remains the same for each Link. So that is equal.
Bombs are also equal, unless you count the Goron Bombs, of which those would be useless in a real fight.

Now, I know what you are going to say.
The transformation masks and masks in general.
Lets go down these, shall we?

YL has the Deku Mask:
Well, this doesn't really help YL too much.... Deku Link is very bad offensively, and the only thing Deku Link could really do is run away. Of which ALttP Link can easily use an arrows, or Fire Rod.

YL has the Goron Mask:
This one has some valid point. Darmani can roll around, and deals heavy blows.
ALttP Link has bombs as well however, that can stop Goron Link from doing his offensive roll, and Goron Rolling is also coincides with the Magic Meter. Furthermore, ALttP Link has Ether, of which can easily freeze a Goron. ALttP Link also has the magic Hammer, of which it deals similar blows with similar ways to match Goron Link's.

YL has the Zora Mask:
On Land, I don't see much use for this outside of the boomberangs he has. Of which, ALttP Link has a better boomerang, because it has better range.
On sea, Mikau is superior. He can breath underwater forever, and has more maneuverability. However who says this is going to be a water fight? ALttP Link could easily leave the water, and just wait until YL is man enough to fight on land. All while sniping Mikau with arrows

YL has the Fierce Diety Mask:
This mask has very limited uses, but even if YL were able to use it, it would not help.
The Fierce Deity Sword does as much as the Golden Master Sword,
Can shoot beams out of it too, but it is tied to magic meter.
FD Link also doesn't have any versatility in items that ALttP Link has, and ALttP can always use the Cane of Byrna, become invicible, and wait things out while simultaneously doing damage to YL.

The Bunny mask give YL a movement speed edge, but ALttP Link has the Pegasus boots and can run faster while doing damage, albeit he can only run in a straight line.

So yeah. It would be a close fight, but ALttP Link is just simply better.
Also, ALttP has the full Triforce.
Hm, those are some valid points, though there are some things that you have missed.

1) Young Link knows the Secret Sword Techniques, AlttP doesn't

2) I don't think AlttP would be able to spin YL in his Zora form, at least depending on how deep he was

3) If we are to take all factors into consideration, lets talk about bottles. Not only can Young Link recover all his health if he dies, he can also have an infinite amount of magic too. Neither of which AlttP can do, though AlttP can become invincible for a sort period of time.

4) You forgot about YL OoT weapons, while not super amazing, do have their uses

5) Young Link also has all his attacks and Kokiri Sword to use from HW

6) Speaking of HW, Young Link can do this

Hm, you're right, this battle would be a close one.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
How do you make a third Art of Link video and still not cover bomb sliding or wavebouncing with boomerangs?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hm, those are some valid points, though there are some things that you have missed.

1) Young Link knows the Secret Sword Techniques, AlttP doesn't

2) I don't think AlttP would be able to spin YL in his Zora form, at least depending on how deep he was

3) If we are to take all factors into consideration, lets talk about bottles. Not only can Young Link recover all his health if he dies, he can also have an infinite amount of magic too. Neither of which AlttP can do, though AlttP can become invincible for a sort period of time.

4) You forgot about YL OoT weapons, while not super amazing, do have their uses

5) Young Link also has all his attacks and Kokiri Sword to use from HW

6) Speaking of HW, Young Link can do this

Hm, you're right, this battle would be a close one.
Young Link does not know the secret sword techniques yet. Nor do we know when OoT Link learns it. He most likely learned all of that, when he was helping against the war of the Gerudo, more than likely during the time he lost his eye. Of which, that Link has none of the stuff available to him that he had when he was young.

2. I think it is no contest as to who would win solely underwater.
However, water is extremely limities, and ALttP Link could traverse secret whirlpools that YL couldn't to escape from the situation

3. Ah yes! I did forget about this.
YL has 5 bottles while ALttP Link has 4.
I also forgot about Chataeu Romani.
So YL does get unlimited magic, and then 4 full heals with Blue Potion.
ALttP Link has 4 full heals of both hearts and magic. So besides that still leaves things relatively equal on that front, with YL having an advantage due to unlimited magic.
But, ALttP Link's magic is a lot more powerful than YL's as well.

4. Practically everything YL had as a kid in OoT was replaced by superior MM weapons. Also, if we are counting that, we would need to also count OoA and OoS weapons for ALttP Link as well(not so much LA, because dreamworld). That would be a whole can of worms you wouldn't want to open.

Simply not Canon. HW isn't canon, nor will it ever be.
We should never believe a world where Tingle can destroy hundreds of opponents just by farting.

I also thank you. This is a good discussion, and one way more deep than these other urchins can grasp.
Ganondorf gives his praise.

I also have a video that I think you should check out.
This is hands down the best Zelda theory I have ever seen. And it deals with the transformation both Hyrule and YL (with becoming the Heroes Shade) go through up until the events of TP. This is real gold right here. It is really amazing. Check it out.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Has Izaw at least listened to any of the advise we gave him the last time he was here? Or did he just ignore us and do an useless hype video as usual?

Also @ The Merc The Merc , HW isn't canon. You should stop, you're embarrassing yourself. And stop going on and on about sword techniques, they mean nothing against a guy who has a spell that freezes the whole screen, another that causes an earth shattering earthquake, and another that makes the ground explode.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Young Link does not know the secret sword techniques yet. Nor do we know when OoT Link learns it. He most likely learned all of that, when he was helping against the war of the Gerudo, more than likely during the time he lost his eye. Of which, that Link has none of the stuff available to him that he had when he was young.

2. I think it is no contest as to who would win solely underwater.
However, water is extremely limities, and ALttP Link could traverse secret whirlpools that YL couldn't to escape from the situation

3. Ah yes! I did forget about this.
YL has 5 bottles while ALttP Link has 4.
I also forgot about Chataeu Romani.
So YL does get unlimited magic, and then 4 full heals with Blue Potion.
ALttP Link has 4 full heals of both hearts and magic. So besides that still leaves things relatively equal on that front, with YL having an advantage due to unlimited magic.
But, ALttP Link's magic is a lot more powerful than YL's as well.

4. Practically everything YL had as a kid in OoT was replaced by superior MM weapons. Also, if we are counting that, we would need to also count OoA and OoS weapons for ALttP Link as well(not so much LA, because dreamworld). That would be a whole can of worms you wouldn't want to open.

Simply not Canon. HW isn't canon, nor will it ever be.
We should never believe a world where Tingle can destroy hundreds of opponents just by farting.

I also thank you. This is a good discussion, and one way more deep than these other urchins can grasp.
Ganondorf gives his praise.

I also have a video that I think you should check out.
This is hands down the best Zelda theory I have ever seen. And it deals with the transformation both Hyrule and YL (with becoming the Heroes Shade) go through up until the events of TP. This is real gold right here. It is really amazing. Check it out.
1. The thing is though we truly don't know when he did learn the sword techniques. I just said it for arguments purpose. What, Link fought against the Gerudo people? Was this info in Hyrule Historia?

2. But still, Young Link could just sit very deep underwater and wait there. Not a great play, but still a plan. Though you are right about the whirlpool part.

3. Don't forget about Fairies!

4. Hm, I guess that fair enough. That would mean that AlttP got the mermaid suit, making him able to swim underwater.

5. Sorry, I was think sort like Death Battle were any ability that character has counts. Though if HW YL was to count, I think we could say he is more powerful. Wait, Tingle can kill with farts?! That must mean......

Tingle is Wario in disguise!!!!

Oh, it's my please. I too throughly enjoyed and even much see you points and can respect your argument. Thank you for proving me wrong and you have have fullest respect for you.:)

Hm, I a bit busy now, but I will definitely have a look at it later and give you my opinion about it.

Oh, and before I forget, I just thought something else that might give YL an advantage over AlttP. The Ocarina of Time!

Last edited:

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Has Izaw at least listened to any of the advise we gave him the last time he was here? Or did he just ignore us and do an useless hype video as usual?
The information in his latest video has a lot more useful AT information than his last art of link video. Not as flashy. Nothing about it seemed too overly hyped to me.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Also @ The Merc The Merc , HW isn't canon. You should stop, you're embarrassing yourself. And stop going on and on about sword techniques, they mean nothing against a guy who has a spell that freezes the whole screen, another that causes an earth shattering earthquake, and another that makes the ground explode.
?????

How am I embarrassing myself? I don't feel embraced. I said an argument, it got countered and I was proven wrong.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I think this has a "Superman vs Batman" feeling to it. Here's my opinion:

Hero of Time beats all. Period. Adult Link has Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, Biggoron's Sword, superior sword fighting skills, and superior agility. ALttP Link indeed has superior magic, but barely. Plus, literally everything he does is negated by Nayru's love. Quake, Freeze, L3 Master Sword. And Nayru's Love lasts a while too. ALttP will simply run out of magic, then OoT will just beat him. L3 Master Sword or not, he just swings from right to left, not very technical.

Plus, if it doesn't end there somehow, MM Link will wreck him, too. Fierce Diety Mask. Boom, end of story. That's "Intensely Aggressive God" Mask right there. But here's the trump card right here: Stone Mask. As long as ALttP does not see MM put that mask on, he can't see him. Then just walk up to him while he's off guard, and stab him in the face.

The Hero of Time is the best Link to me. I could go into more detail supporting both versions, but I don't really have the inclination to. After all, no one here will change each others' minds, but we do this to have fun, that's all.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The OoT/MM Link beat Ganon (not destroyed) with only the Triforce of power with Zelda's help. ALttP Link destroyed Ganon holding the full Triforce alone. That's a considerable power gap.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Heading back into the comments section on youtube. I will not stand idly by as scrubs praise him for "pushing the meta" and professing the blasphemy of miss information with words such as "High Tier"

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think this has a "Superman vs Batman" feeling to it. Here's my opinion:

Hero of Time beats all. Period. Adult Link has Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, Biggoron's Sword, superior sword fighting skills, and superior agility. ALttP Link indeed has superior magic, but barely. Plus, literally everything he does is negated by Nayru's love. Quake, Freeze, L3 Master Sword. And Nayru's Love lasts a while too. ALttP will simply run out of magic, then OoT will just beat him. L3 Master Sword or not, he just swings from right to left, not very technical.

Plus, if it doesn't end there somehow, MM Link will wreck him, too. Fierce Diety Mask. Boom, end of story. That's "Intensely Aggressive God" Mask right there. But here's the trump card right here: Stone Mask. As long as ALttP does not see MM put that mask on, he can't see him. Then just walk up to him while he's off guard, and stab him in the face.

The Hero of Time is the best Link to me. I could go into more detail supporting both versions, but I don't really have the inclination to. After all, no one here will change each others' minds, but we do this to have fun, that's all.
I don't think you read any of my posts clearly, as you would already know why all of your "arguments" are clearly fallacies.

1st.
Dins fire is very much useless, it causes so little damage, what is the point?
2nd.
Nayrus love is fine and great, but the cane of Byrna is vastly superior. It costs less magic, and deals damage as well.
Everything OoT Link does will be negated.
OoT Link will just run out of magic as well.

The tempered master sword is 2X more powerful than Link's biggoron sword, and ALttP Link gets to use his mirror shield while wielding it, and he has a lot more of control his swings for that.

ALttP Link also has twice the armor of OoT Link with his Red Mail.

Also, if you are taking into consideration actual gameplay(which you are, as you are with your indication of ALttP's Link only slicing horizontally. You are very much missing the fact that any kind of slice can harm OoT Link because OoT Link cannot block anything with his sword(unless he is in guard mode with Biggoron sword, but that hardly qualifies. Since we are taking this into account, ALttP Link can swing as much as 2 times faster than OoT Link(well, around that number). ALttP Link would taken OoT Link out in a heartbeat, because he does more damage, and takes less damage than OoT Link.

Not only that, but OoT Link is canonically defeated by Ganondorf.
Done.
Deal.
OoT Adult Link is pushover if he is the main antagonist, and dies. Actually, it was ALttP Link's job to do what OoT Link didn't do. And ALttP a Link was only around 11.
EDIT:
Actually... Now that I think about it... OoT Link never actually destroyed Ganondorf... Like in every single timeline he was pretty much a miserable failure.
Defeat Timeline:
Link dies. A war breaks out. Ganondorf gets the full triforce, and turns the sacred realm into a vile place. Leaving an 11 year old boy to do what an Adult OoT Link couldn't. Twice.
Child timeline:
Ganondorf still gets the triforce of power. Link never kills him and the light spirits try to excecute him. That didn't work out so well and TP Link had to go on a huge adventure to finish the job. TP Link may have had a ton of help to even touch Ganondorf, but he at least kills him for good.
Adult Timeline
OoT Link only seals Ganondorf away with the sages.... That didn't work out one bit. As Hyrule was completely destroyed because of it! Leaving WW Link the one actually killing Ganondorf with a stab to the forehead.

So yeah... The Hero of time pretty much failed at everything. Although Young Link was a complete boss and saved Termina. Adult OoT Link was pretty sucky.

As for Young Link and Fierce Deity's mask, I already explained above how ALttP Link is more powerful than him.

As for the stone mask, it is clear that ALttP Link would see through it, as many of the bosses see Link with no problem at all. And also, ALttP link can do the same with his cape of invisibility.

Also, this isn't an opinion, this is fact, using numbers, statistics, lore, and facts we already know. I have shown that all.
A great case could be made for MM Link, as @ The Merc The Merc uses actual facts(mostly) to back up his claims, while still keeping keeping true to the numbers instead of making broad statements whilst ignoring everything else.
Speaking of him
I have counterarguments
1. Well, it isn't in HH, but here is the thought process behind it.
First off, MM link doesn't know any sword techniques in MM.
We know there was a great war in between OOT and TP, and we also know Link loses an eye.
He probably mastered these as he trained and grew old, having a family as well that were the ancestors to TP Link.

2. ALttP Link could easily just wait on land until Zora link comes out, that right there is a stalemate.

3. In a fight like this, I wouldn't worry about Fairies(or Faeries in ALttP's case). They don't provide as much health as potions. And they don't restore magic.

4. Yup

5. Pretty much any character from HW would win anything honestly.....

6. The Ocarina is an interesting concept... Yet I don't think it will help that much. Even if the goddess of time was still with Link, I don't think it will accomplish much. Yeah, Link could go back in time. But what good would that do? That would just restart the fight and leave MM Link with no arrows, rupees, potions, bombs, as well. Slowing down time is useless, as that just slows down the day, not characters. Otherwise enemies would have moved at half speed. Unless I am missing something... The OoT would be pretty useless in a fight like this.

Though on another note, I just want to say that ALttP Link's ocarina is pretty badass though. It calls on a dead cuccoo to carry Link and make him fly lol.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'll just edit the Video Archive title with it lol Thank God for that video, finally I can just link to that now instead of having to explain people how tether trumping works, I quoted Fox's explanation like 10 times and they were still confused.

Last edited:

Izaw

Smash Ace
What time are you streaming tomorrow? will you be doing viewer or FG?
I'll do anything, I'll play viewers and FG in betweem sometimes, and if anyone is around Offline I'll play that as well on stream.

And I start streaming from around 7 until god knows how late ;)

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'll do anything, I'll play viewers and FG in betweem sometimes, and if anyone is around Offline I'll play that as well on stream.

And I start streaming from around 7 until god knows how late ;)
Would you be willing to play someone from South America? Not me, but a local player, @Oblivion129.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Who is the objectively best swordsman in Sm4sh as of now? Roy, although his metagame isn't that developed compared to the rest of the cast, has a lot of potential; Ike was buffed immensely in the latest 1.0.8 patch; and Pit(s) and Metaknight are still solid picks as well.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Who is the objectively best swordsman in Sm4sh as of now? Roy, although his metagame isn't that developed compared to the rest of the cast, has a lot of potential; Ike was buffed immensely in the latest 1.0.8 patch; and Pit(s) and Metaknight are still solid picks as well.
MK.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Link obviously or Marth or Roy

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Sorry LoZ, but I don't agree with a damn thing you said, but hey, we can have opinions, that's fine.

But when it comes to who's the best Swordfighter in Smash, though, it's easy. It's Roy. Jab cancels, grab combos, fsmashes everywhere, lol. He's pretty good.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Too early to say it's Roy. His meta is barely even touched yet. Even the folks in the Roy Boards are disgusted by it.

Link's my favorite character and he's a swordsman so I guess that makes him my favorite swordsman but I do have to favor Roy due to my past obsession with him in Melee. A well developed Roy will be a huge threat though, I'm sure... same with Metaknight. I also think Ike has incredible potential but his speed makes everyone hesitant on thinking the same.

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Marth is by far not the best swordsman. It is probably MK or Roy potentially but Roy's meta needs time to develop. But due to the sweetspot on his blade being easy to hit along with actual follow ups and huge knockback on some moves, he's got potential.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Best right now is Metaknight. But Roy's a huge threat to take the spot. On the other hand, Roy is not developed in the slightest. Plus, he hasn't seen a nerf yet so there's that to consider. Pit's probably somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
The best sword man right now is MK, followed by Roy and/or Shulk imo. With time one of the last two could take MU'S place though.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
You guys are crazy, mii swordsman is obviously the best swordsman character in the game. I mean come on, he has 'swordsman' right there in his freakin' name!

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
You guys are crazy, mii swordsman is obviously the best swordsman character in the game. I mean come on, he has 'swordsman' right there in his freakin' name!
You fool, Ganondorf is clearly the best swordsman.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'd like a LoZ game that focus more on mystery, legends and the ancient deities/monsters of Hyrule and other lands. There are many mysterious things in the LoZ games that barely had the surface scratched like: the resurrected lava dragon Volvagia, sealed shadow beast Bongo Bongo, living turtle rock, the Dragons in SS (although frankly they suck and need to be forgotten), the Wind Fish, Majora, the four giants, he phantoms like Bellum, he Sheikah tribe, dragon Argorok, Oocoo and city in the sky, mask of truth, spider houses & gold skulltula curses, the piccori, cursed Ikana soldiers, and probably some I missed.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'd like a LoZ game that focus more on mystery, legends and the ancient deities/monsters of Hyrule and other lands. There are many mysterious things in the LoZ games that barely had the surface scratched like: the resurrected lava dragon Volvagia, sealed shadow beast Bongo Bongo, living turtle rock, the Dragons in SS (although frankly they suck and need to be forgotten), the Wind Fish, Majora, the four giants, he phantoms like Bellum, he Sheikah tribe, dragon Argorok, Oocoo and city in the sky, mask of truth, spider houses & gold skulltula curses, the piccori, cursed Ikana soldiers, and probably some I missed.
I agree completely. However, I wouldn't want them digging too deep into the lore and just straight tell us everything. The fact that there truly is a vast amount of mystery in the LoZ lore makes it that much more incredible. All these theories that have been created over time is what makes the series so huge. Each game has been nitpicking at certain pieces of lore over time while placing easter eggs in so many places within the game. Especially seen in recent titles. The best part is some are actually physically told to us and yet it can be totally looked over.

Sprit tracks is the best.
You are entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom