• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Just recently got a Wii U with Super Smash Bros for Wii U and I am freaking excited!!!

the game is absolutely amazing XD.

So... I made this recently.

Thank's to FSK FSK for providing me with this brilliant Sm4sh Link model. Gay was downloaded from models-resource though.
Aw, poor Toon Link. Not his fault everyone in the Link threads hate him. Still an awesome Picture though :)

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It's our fault that we hate him? That makes no sense.

I'd say it's his fault for existing.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
My old roommate won an amiibo only side tourney with his Bowser amiibo, which makes sense to me. A super fast, super powerful Bowser with beyond-human reflexes and the ability to power shield and punish even the smallest mistakes with big hits sounds pretty nasty imo.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have a Link Amiibo but never use it anymore.

I'm learning CF as a high tier secondary. His disjoints on Fsmash/Jab/dash grab/Dash attack are insane. Fsmash has more range than Ike's Fsmash.

OT: I had mouthwash I spit out bounce up in my eye. It stings like hell. One of those things you never think of happening in a million years :/

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I have a Link Amiibo but never use it anymore.

I'm learning CF as a high tier secondary. His disjoints on Fsmash/Jab/dash grab/Dash attack are insane. Fsmash has more range than Ike's Fsmash.

OT: I had mouthwash I spit out bounce up in my eye. It stings like hell. One of those things you never think of happening in a million years :/
Eww Captain Falcon. I've recently started hating playing CF more than Gay. (I still hate Gay as a character, but it's not like he's terribly hard to fight against) He's hard to punish, stupid fast and strong, his aerials are unnecessarily powerful, and recovering against him is dumb as hell. (can't tether, can't up-b??) Not to mention, lag captain falcon is godlike (little endlag = no endlag when there is input lag) so practicing online just makes me salty. I probably just need more mu experience. But until then, I'll keep hating fighting him.

What, did your mouthwash turn into a Chu and start bouncing all over the place? Really though. That sounds painful. Should have bottled the Chu juice.
:troll:
Edit:
The tourney I was at yesterday switched from 3 to 2 stocks last minute and doubles still ran almost an hour and a half late.
Tourney's are long, period. No matter if it's two or three stock, the primary extender of tourneys are a lack of setups/organization. Just add a discount for bringing a setup to a tourney and your tournament automatically gets shortened by an hour or two, as long as you make sure someone's always playing at a setup.

Honestly I think that the whole "three stock is two long, two stock only" argument is silly. Three stock is superior in every way for both the players and the fans. An 8 minute timer discourages campy, "I'll time you out" play, while a 5-6 minute timer encourages it. Comebacks are actually a thing with 3 stock. With 2 stock, can you even call anything a comeback? Even if you're at 150% with one stock and your opponent has two stocks left and you win, that's barely even considered a comeback, and more just smart playing. I should also mention that if your opponent has a weird playstyle that's working, it's hard to adjust and beat the player after just two stocks, but with three stocks, that opens the possibility of adaptation. But my main reason for wanting 3 stock tournaments is because rage exists. A two stock is hardly impressive, especially once the person with the stock lead is at a higher percentage. Then it's just a rage kill.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Eww Captain Falcon. I've recently started hating playing CF more than Gay. (I still hate Gay as a character, but it's not like he's terribly hard to fight against) He's hard to punish, stupid fast and strong, his aerials are unnecessarily powerful, and recovering against him is dumb as hell. (can't tether, can't up-b??) Not to mention, lag captain falcon is godlike (little endlag = no endlag when there is input lag) so practicing online just makes me salty. I probably just need more mu experience. But until then, I'll keep hating fighting him.

What, did your mouthwash turn into a Chu and start bouncing all over the place?
so in the meantime let's nerf Link >:|

Rizen

Smash Legend
CF's cheap, no doubt. He's the high tier I feel most comfortable playing but I'll never drop Link as my main.

Wow, I finished watching Silent Hill 2 cutscenes. The story telling is masterful :crying:

FSK

Smash Ace

What, did your mouthwash turn into a Chu and start bouncing all over the place? Really though. That sounds painful. Should have bottled the Chu juice.
:troll:
Edit:

Tourney's are long, period. No matter if it's two or three stock, the primary extender of tourneys are a lack of setups/organization. Just add a discount for bringing a setup to a tourney and your tournament automatically gets shortened by an hour or two, as long as you make sure someone's always playing at a setup.

Honestly I think that the whole "three stock is two long, two stock only" argument is silly. Three stock is superior in every way for both the players and the fans. An 8 minute timer discourages campy, "I'll time you out" play, while a 5-6 minute timer encourages it. Comebacks are actually a thing with 3 stock. With 2 stock, can you even call anything a comeback? Even if you're at 150% with one stock and your opponent has two stocks left and you win, that's barely even considered a comeback, and more just smart playing. I should also mention that if your opponent has a weird playstyle that's working, it's hard to adjust and beat the player after just two stocks, but with three stocks, that opens the possibility of adaptation. But my main reason for wanting 3 stock tournaments is because rage exists. A two stock is hardly impressive, especially once the person with the stock lead is at a higher percentage. Then it's just a rage kill.
If you want to learn more about the MU then watch the videos I posted in the Falcon MU thread.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Warning Received
It's shigeru miyamotos fault for creating that ****ing **** pile.

wind waker was a good game.

Do we have a skype group or not?

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
So how about those replays Zane the pure? I've sent them to your user called "Zane" if that's alright. I'm unsure if you're currently using it, so that's why I'm asking.

On the other hand, LM might not be so free for Link on some stages. I'm actually considering learning him for the sake of counterpicks, because he can body Shiek on some stages and is fairly easy to learn. Check this vid out for yourselves.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Last edited:

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
I need details. How'd he act when you beat him?
My point was, there wasn't a match; that was how it ended. He didn't even bother to ask if I even knew how to play a shoto.

Truth to tell I would have felt confident even with our normal mains. It's not like Ken MU experience is hard to find. But dogging on players with difficult mains is poor form.

Got back from the tournament. Not as fun as I expected, but still fun. I didn't get to compete in Sm4sh singles because doubles were like 2 hours off schedule, and my sister made us leave early. We couldn't even play casuals as much as we wanted because all of the setups were being used for doubles nearly the entire time I was there. I had to sit around and do nothing for way longer than I expected. I tried doubles with my friend as a team mate and we got eliminated right out of the gate, because he's still very new to smash. I also played Melee singles and got bodied because I haven't touched that game in years lol. Ah well. At least now I know what CEO might be like (besides the inconveniences) and what it feels like to be in an offline competitive environment. The tournament itself as a first time experience was pretty ****ty though.
My first tournament experience was similar: I was not expecting all the downtime. If you want to be a regular tourney-goer, you must make friends and enjoy talking with the other guys there. It doesn't matter if you take first place for weeks on end, if you don't enjoy socializing with the other guys during the massive amounts of downtime you won't stick with the scene.

Also, if someone there really really likes you personally, he'll go out of his way to come pick you up and take you there, because you make his downtime easier to bear. Many guys carpool to the tourney anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
So how about those replays Zane the pure? I've sent them to your user called "Zane" if that's alright. I'm unsure if you're currently using it, so that's why I'm asking.
Dude, you just sent them yesterday. As long as you sent them to the NNID that I had in the replay thread then he'll get them, don't worry. Remember, I put in there that replay recording takes time and not to be needlessly asking "are they done yet?" don't think I'm gonna let you off easy just because you posted in another thread. I got my eye on you. :cyclops:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Dude, you just sent them yesterday. As long as you sent them to the NNID that I had in the replay thread then he'll get them, don't worry. Remember, I put in there that replay recording takes time and not to be needlessly asking "are they done yet?" don't think I'm gonna let you off easy just because you posted in another thread. I got my eye on you. :cyclops:
Yeah I'm just trying to make sure he got them is all. He hasn't responded to me yet, so I'm trying to make sure he's aware.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Yeah I'm just trying to make sure he got them is all. He hasn't responded to me yet, so I'm trying to make sure he's aware.
You tagged him, he's aware. Just remember that some of us have real lives and don't check the boards every hour of every day. Just be patient there, champ.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Usually, when people pester me about things in order to rush me out of sheer impatience, I delay the job even more.

Just saying.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Usually, when people pester me about things in order to rush me out of sheer impatience, I delay the job even more.

Just saying.
Yeah, i'm also one of those people. The more people pester, the more you get annoyed and the more you don't want to do it.

Anyway, June is now upon us and since Lucas is supposed to be released during this month with more than likely a patch, what do any you think should be patched.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Yeah, i'm also one of those people. The more people pester, the more you get annoyed and the more you don't want to do it.

Anyway, June is now upon us and since Lucas is supposed to be released during this month with more than likely a patch, what do any you think should be patched.
Hopeful Expectations:
--Reinsert jab 1 cancels without jab "infinite"
--Old d-air reinstated
--Projectiles actually hit at point blank

Optimistic Expectations:
--Faster boomerang startup time
--Brawl Z-air
--Old dash attack

Realistic Expectations:
--lolsakurai nerfs Link, no more bombslides, more startup and ending lag on everything

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Even worse, Gay will still be able to bombslide and we won't.

I hope Gay gets hit with the nerf stick so that he finally gets to feel what it's like to live under an inferior shadow.
I really don't think there should be any further nerfs.
All re-balancing should be done with just buffs.
Sure, it's more work, but hell, they should be getting paid pretty well.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Nah. Link has this weird slidey mechanic that few other characters have. Toon Link doesn't have that mechanic. I don't know what it is, but it's very similar to Luigi's slide, but only accessible in certain situations. According to what I've messed around with, it has something to do with his dash. (which is why bombsliding must be done during the dashing animation)

There's also... This thing. Link and Luigi actually have the best 'sticky dash.' Why, I don't know. I just know that's the case.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I guess while we're talking about ways to make Link viable, I'll throw in my two cents.

Revert the Jab change in patch 1.0.6 and remove the suction affect. We've all talked about this.

Return Melee Spin Attack. The thing about Melee Spin Attack is that it actually had a purpose. The semi-spike meant that it was actually useful for something. Now it basically just a worse version of Fsmash or Ftilt. Spin Attack needs to semi-spike and have consistent knockback throughout the attack. None of this "gentle nudge by the end of the attack" stuff. Oh, and get rid of the stupid mechanic that removes all hitboxes if it gets shielded right away.

Dtilt get's totally revamped. First off, remove the meteor. With the semi-spike on spin attack we won't need it anymore. Next up, lower the knockback even more than it was in the latest patch. Basically I want the KB to be low enough that we could potentially combo out of it. Last but not least, give Dtilt a start up time and IASA that rivals Marth's. Voila, Dtilt just went from being useless to a potential combo starter and shield poker.

Fsmash needs more shield damage and much more shield push. Fully charged double Fsmash should be able to break shields. And could we finally fix the point blank hitbox that launches people the completely wrong direction?

Zair auto cancels upon landing again, and airdodge landing lag doesn't carry over anymore. Give us the ZAC back, too.

Dthrow KB gets reduced enough that we can combo out of it

Fthrow and Bthrow both get KB increases to make them better "get off me" options

Rang keeps the same KB and hit angle going out but it gets the returning hitbox coming back

Hero's Bow - arrows actually fly perfectly straight at full charge and don't disappear until they hit an object/character/blast zone. Uncharged arrows fly as far as Gay's. Make the charge cancel-able by hitting shield. While you're at it, give us the quick draw back too.

...there, I think that covers everything

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's our fault that we hate him? That makes no sense.

I'd say it's his fault for existing.
Whatever happened to not hating a fictional character in the first place? T.T

Rizen

Smash Legend
Whatever happened to not hating a fictional character in the first place? T.T
Hating fictional characters has been around for thousands of years, pretty much since stories existed. Back then it was called "my god is stronger than your god". :rolleyes:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hating fictional characters has been around for thousands of years, pretty much since stories existed. Back then it was called "my god is stronger than your god". :rolleyes:
This justifies it.... how?

Top Bottom