• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link and Young Link, when do I use which?

PS4Lthekingofsmash

Smash Rookie
Whenever you see good Link players they always seem to bring out there Young Links against certain characters.

1. Does anyoneone know why?

2. Which characters should Link play and which should Young Link? (Besides YL vs. Peach)

I don't care what the tier lists say or things like "Link pwns all!! h00 cares bout YL!!?!".
Thx a lot,
PS4L

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Chop her up into pieces than eat her, thats what i always do during peach season.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Chop her up into pieces than eat her, thats what i always do during peach season.
Why didn't i think of that.

anyway for the peach thing get her as close to the edge as possible and get her off the edge then bomb and boomerang her to death.:)

link_kid

Smash Rookie
well i think u guys r missin the point of dis whole thread...

this guy is wonderin wen he should use ylink or link....

i think personally i think its fun jus 2 swicth bak n forth... or 2 jus throw off ur person u vs'in =P

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Join the crowd and play fox :D

Nah what you do is play an extremly fast Y.link and a tank Link... than switch between the two randomly...

Throws the people around here off real fast... :D

Deva

Smash Lord
For most cases stick with Link, but if the opponent seems like someone who would get screwed by projectile combos, AKA Peach, go Y.Link. I mean, the kid gets a free freakin d-air off his bomb.

SpadeKing

Smash Rookie
Personally i only switch when i feel like my opponent wont b able to get good hits. b/c the speed i get for giving up on some of my tank skill is good but only if you really understand ur opponents char style

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Ylinks Projectiles are just much more annoying

Links sword is slower, but mu more powerful.

YLinks Dsmash is like Links UpB in terms of quick knockback.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
If you start with Y. Link and taunt alot, then you switch to old link. Depending on the amount of taints, old link will do more dmg because of his stronger muscles.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, in playing Link and Young Link, big Link is stronger but a bit slower than Young Link, but Link's attacks are more powerful. Young Link takes longer to damage someone, but when using projectiles, well, both are good against non-projectile characters.

But to get to the point whichever Link you play, it needs to be fast against fast, slow against slow. So you'll know which character to choose when you see what your opponent chooses. :)

Plus with Young Link, you can wall jump. ;) ;) ;)

Thats my input.

crazzydrummerpyro

Smash Cadet
mix it up there 2 differnt guys
u change it up and you will mess them up a bit
also ylink beats link
i have no clue how a younger versen of your self with less experence wins but he does

Top Bottom