• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link AaGT How to do it?

Vale

Smash Ace
probably what you're looking for:
step 0: have bomb / pull out bumb
air dodge up > cancel air dodge with c-stick up, this will throw the bomb
IF number of up-b's done previously < 3 then up-b into the bomb
else up-b towards edge/air dodge/tether

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
If you mean the AGT(Aerial Glide Toss) this is how.
1. Pull out a bomb
2. Jump in the air(or just be in the air already with the bomb)
3. This is the crucial step. Dodge in a direction, but as soon as you dodge you'll have a 3 frame window to put in the input for a C-stick direction to throw the bomb. This will cancel your "helpless" state and allow you to attack after the AGT.

-With the AGT you can do some great things. Usually you'll want to have your Control Stick in a different direction than the C-stick. Actually it's dependent on the situation. The Control Stick direction is where Link will go and the C-stick direction is where Link will be throwing the bomb. Example: I could move up while throwing the bomb down, I could move backward while throwing the bomb forward, I could move up while throwing the bomb up(great for bomb jump recovery), etc.
-I learned this from reading through the forums and eventually came across Hylian's posts explaining the AGT. There's plenty of footage out there of him showing techniques in-play. Hopefully you found this helpful. Good luck with the AGT.

Last edited:

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
If you only have 3 frames in which to cancel the dodge does that mean to AGT off of bombs you aren't holding you have to reach them and throw within 3 frames of the airdodge starting? Or do you get a 3 frame window after picking up the bomb to cancel?

BRHD Link

Smash Rookie
If you only have 3 frames in which to cancel the dodge does that mean to AGT off of bombs you aren't holding you have to reach them and throw within 3 frames of the airdodge starting? Or do you get a 3 frame window after picking up the bomb to cancel?
Do you mean catching a bomb that is in the air?

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Right when you air dodge the 3 frame window begins. You have to grab the bomb(wherever it may be) with an air dodge and do the AGT within the same 3 frames. It does not reset the frames if you pick up the bomb on the 2nd frame of the air dodge. It's all one window.

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
Ok thanks. Practicing this by throwing bombs at unplugged links off of the rebound from their shield :p

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
It's the same inputs and timing for a double AGT. You just need to do it consistently on two bombs to juggle the bombs In a way. If your talking about re-throwing the bomb in mid-air this is how. Jump in the air(once or twice but twice allows for more air time) and hit Z to drop the bomb. Then after that you want to do an AGT right after you drop the bomb in the air. Helps for mind games.

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or is the timing for bomb jumping harder? Once I AGT the bomb upwards and attempt to UpB it, I knock it away. I can get the timing down sometimes, but in recent builds, I could do it consistently.

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or is the timing for bomb jumping harder? Once I AGT the bomb upwards and attempt to UpB it, I knock it away. I can get the timing down sometimes, but in recent builds, I could do it consistently.
Apparently you are supposed to be hitting the bomb with Link's shoulder instead of the sword slashes. I always forget when going for bomb jumps though :s

multigrain_cheerios

Smash Rookie
If you mean the AGT(Aerial Glide Toss) this is how.
1. Pull out a bomb
2. Jump in the air(or just be in the air already with the bomb)
3. This is the crucial step. Dodge in a direction, but as soon as you dodge you'll have a 3 frame window to put in the input for a C-stick direction to throw the bomb. This will cancel your "helpless" state and allow you to attack after the AGT.

-With the AGT you can do some great things. Usually you'll want to have your Control Stick in a different direction than the C-stick. Actually it's dependent on the situation. The Control Stick direction is where Link will go and the C-stick direction is where Link will be throwing the bomb. Example: I could move up while throwing the bomb down, I could move backward while throwing the bomb forward, I could move up while throwing the bomb up(great for bomb jump recovery), etc.
-I learned this from reading through the forums and eventually came across Hylian's posts explaining the AGT. There's plenty of footage out there of him showing techniques in-play. Hopefully you found this helpful. Good luck with the AGT.
Do you know of any video tutorials for this? Also is the AGT crucial to do the bomb jumps with Link in PM? I find myself throwing the bomb way too high whenever I try it in PM

BRHD Link

Smash Rookie
It's necessary to do the bomb recovery, I believe. You can probably throw it up without glide tossing and jump then up-b into the bomb, but I don't think it's as consistent or easy. Plus you lose your jump.

Pug

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to replicate that move where Hylian short hops backward whilst dropping a bomb and then launching it with his clawshot but I can't get the same trajectory. Is there any point in learning this technique or is it just for show? =P

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to replicate that move where Hylian short hops backward whilst dropping a bomb and then launching it with his clawshot but I can't get the same trajectory. Is there any point in learning this technique or is it just for show? =P
It's called bomb punt what u do is short hop and at the apex of ur jump u drop the bomb them move back a little and then zair

Pug

Smash Apprentice
I've never seen either one unfortunately. I'd be keen to see a video where it's demonstrated.

I can double bomb punt but not consistently.

You drop a bomb on the ground, then pull a second one, and when you punt you must drop at the absolute apex and then throw out zair as soon as possible.

I imagine the triple is similar except you throw a bomb upwards before pulling the final one.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
I've never seen either one unfortunately. I'd be keen to see a video where it's demonstrated.

I can double bomb punt but not consistently.

You drop a bomb on the ground, then pull a second one, and when you punt you must drop at the absolute apex and then throw out zair as soon as possible.

I imagine the triple is similar except you throw a bomb upwards before pulling the final one.
Ok sounds complicated. Today I cheated and went on FoD and stood under the platform when it's super low and placed a bomb them I planted one on the ground and bomb punted both closets thing I got to a double bomb punt in a while

Top Bottom