• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link 1.0.8 D-Throw combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thejbomber

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thejbomber
Link is a character that is not common at all in competitive play. After 1.0.8, he was given extremely nice down throw combos. Here are some tips to teach you how to follow up out of down throw.
Between 0 and about 50%, an up smash with at least the last two hits (if they air-dodge) is guaranteed. If the opponent doesn't react fast enough, you could even get an up tilt to up smash, but be careful about this, because an air-dodge plus techroll or shield will create no combo at all. After the up smash, you could lead into another up smash on heavy characters like bowser or up-air on lighter characters like jigglypuff or kirby. I don't recommend up-air as that is a definite kill move later.
After 50%, you could lead into an easy aerial attack. Follow their DI to choose.
At kill percents, past 90%, if you didn't stale it you could follow up with an up-air to kill. If they DI away, DI towards them and up-b to give yourself range.
Yes, I know, that was pretty short. That was my first post. I'm new to competitive play after playing Melee for fun. Tell me if there are any edits that need to be made (probably %'s). Thanks!

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
We already have threads dedicated to Link's new patch changes. Please refer to our Metagame thread as well as our official patch thread.

Also this information isn't entirely accurate as it is and/or is just plain theorycraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom