• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Limits are meant to be broken! Cloud for SSB5!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It'd prob be better to make a thread dedicated to music so that posts dont get lost. This is our only thread, so no harm in branching out.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The guy will still be easy to pick up and play, but he will be immediately much less rewarding but he'll still be fun so I'm down for that.
And picking him won't be an auto-gimp. TRUE Cloud mains will still be able to shine, but hopefully with less grief from salty Bayo mains.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Maybe when people thought Cloud was the next Snake and would be dropped from Smash 5 while ignoring the fact Square Enix is not Konami? Good times, lol

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
hope he brings a bit more final fantasy content with him
Other unused limit breaks like Meteor Rain or possibly elemental materia through the insertion of custom moves would be nice even though I think that would be too game changing for cloud xD

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Welp, what' can i say? i'm gonna main him again, now let's wait till December 9th and Final Fantasy VII remake.

Shame about his nerfs, but eh, i'm still playing this spiky a#@.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The downward part of Climhazzard. Usually if a move has multiple parts, you numerate each part. So Climhazzard 1 is rising, Cross Slash 2 is the 2nd input of crossslash. Dancing Blade 4 is the last input, etc etc.
Gotcha. So does Climhazzard 2 immediately snap to the ledge, or does there appear to be a minimum amount of distance required first?

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
ZeRo is convinced Cloud will be very, very good in this. Jump to 1:39:40 (NSFW language warning)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Seeing that this is the only thread in the forum, I take it this is the Cloud social?

D

Deleted member

Can I mention how surreal it is that Cloud Strife is in Smash Bros.? I rewatched his trailer for Smash 4 and even I couldn't believe it still.

I'm so glad that Ultimate brought back everyone when I thought that would never happen and I thought Cloud was going to get cut even. Seeing him return makes me really happy and I can't wait to play as him again, regardless if he has been heavily nerfed. (though looking at his gameplay, he seems fine)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Still rather ironic that two of the biggest faces of the original Playstation, Solid Snake and Cloud Strife, can finally do battle.

In a Nintendo game.

That's gotta be the ultimate middle finger to Sony and... I kind of love it.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Still rather ironic that two of the biggest faces of the original Playstation, Solid Snake and Cloud Strife, can finally do battle.

In a Nintendo game.

That's gotta be the ultimate middle finger to Sony and... I kind of love it.
That feeling when Nintendo has more FFVII content at E3 than Sony and Square-Enix COMBINED...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Air options seem to be worse than in Smash 4, making Cloud's strings and follow ups scarier.

On top of being able to do anythign out of dash, this means that you can dash dance in neutral and punish with a dtilt that sets you up for a trap in the air. Easier dash dancing means that whiff punishing with limit specials is also good, and it seems like Limit Climhazzard is just as good of a kill option off the top as it was in Smash 4.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Okay that new nerf sounds more reasonable than the 15 second limit then you lose limit which makes charging limit unsatisfact oring

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
New match. Cloud is looking fresh, although I still hate the timer on his Limit.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
And now FFVII will appear on Nintendo systems for the very first time. Now people will stop the whole "PlayStation Mascot" thing I guess.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
^What are you talking about here?
FFVII is getting ported to the Switch, and now there won't be as many "Cloud doesn't even have his main game on Nintendo platforms" argument anymore.

It does make me wonder about other possible FF reps.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
FFVII is getting ported to the Switch, and now there won't be as many "Cloud doesn't even have his main game on Nintendo platforms" argument anymore.

It does make me wonder about other possible FF reps.
I just saw the direct earlier and I was like “well I’ll be damn” Never though it would actually happen. And that argument has been dead a long time ago.
VIII is the only PlayStation title not ported right now.
It’s a shame too cuz it’s such a great game, even better than IX in my opinion.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Never been an RPG guy but I was happy to see Final Fantasy 7 come to the Switch. Now don't get me wrong, I really liked Cloud in Smash already. He was my favorite DLC character in Smash 4 in fact. But certainly now he feels like a long lost part of Nintendo's family that's finally made it home with FF7 on Switch. ^^

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I've been off the boards for a while but apparently Verg has mentioned a second character from Square. Just tangential to this thread but as Sqenix fans who are your picks for a second Square Smasher?

D

Deleted member

I've been off the boards for a while but apparently Verg has mentioned a second character from Square. Just tangential to this thread but as Sqenix fans who are your picks for a second Square Smasher?
I would really, really love to see Terra as a playable character. If she got in, it would be a dream come true.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I just came in to say that I always was one of those people who hated the idea of having Cloud in Smash because he really did feel like a Sony mascot took a wrong left turn. I know Cloud is popular and all but I don't care, Smash to me should be about Nintendo, and Cloud ruined that to a degree. Final Fantasy IX is one of my favourite games, Vivi is one of my favourite characters ever, but I wouldn't even want him in Smash for the same reason.

But now that Final Fantasy VII is finally coming to a Nintendo console, I can finally, HAPPILY, welcome Cloud in Smash Bros with open arms. I'm super happy with all these Final Fantasy games coming to the Switch and I'll be buying most, if not all of them, because holy crap this is amazing. Welcome home Cloud! It's been a long time coming but you're finally home.

And to add to the above discussion; I might be crucified for saying this but with FF IX coming as well, and with Black Mages being such iconic characters/classes in the Final Fantasy games, Vivi has just shot up to becoming one of my top most wanted characters, and as a Square rep would like him a ton more than I ever wanted Geno (who I never wanted that much to begin with, but hey), and much moreso than any other Final Fantasy/Square rep as well. I know it will not happen in a billion years, but hey. If it happens I'm making him my second main (right after Yoshi).

Top Bottom