• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Limits are meant to be broken! Cloud for SSB5!

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
I really want Sephiroth to appear on the game. How can you have Stephane not Cloud? They have to include him sometime in the near future. I want to start a petition for this. They should include more FF characters since Dissidia is so flawed in comparison.

Give up Square, come back to Nintendo, come on...

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
It's been a while since I last posted on here. What do you guys think of the fighter pass now that all the characters were revealed?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Fighters Pass characters look amazing. Hero and Byleth are two of my favorites from it.
Looking forward to Volume 2 and I plan to preorder it once it's ready.

And it's been a long while too. This thread has been dead for quite sometime...

Last edited:

NWseth

Smash Rookie

You remember that Nintendo Direct? That one Nintendo Direct in 2015 where Reggie had one more announcement? Then comes a starry background... "What is this?!?" Everyone exclaimed. And lo and behold, a character that has been considered a joke character since the Brawl days, Cloud Strife!

To quote the very man himself: "Never thought I'd see the day..."

How did someone like Cloud even get into Smash 4 in the first place?
Masahiro Sakurai mentioned that he often got requests to include a Final Fantasy character into a Smash Bros. game. And of all the characters from the series to be included, it was none other than Cloud who was the most requested! Source

Over the Final Fantasy characters whose main games appeared on the Nintendo systems?
Yes, and not without reason. Sakurai had considered Bartz from FF5 and Terra from FF6, but ultimately picked Cloud due to his popularity in the gaming world.

But Square is very picky when it comes to licensing their characters? What makes you think Cloud has a chance of returning in Smash 5?

You mean besides the hype he generated on his reveal and Square having a good relationship with Nintendo from what we've seen so far? Well according to Sakurai, he had discussed the possibility of Cloud appearing in Smash 4 with Final Fantasy series director Tetsuya Nomura and got the OK. Source

Let's make it happen again!

:4cloud:for Smash 5!
I don't see why he wouldn't be with the remake being right around the corner and another game coming out in the future. I would be shocked if they replaced him, UNLESSSSSS, they replaced him with Sephiroth and he was even better!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Am i the only one who thinks if clouds Emo stance taunt was replaced by a shrug it would improve the character?
Still Smash cloud looks so much better than remake cloud!

Top Bottom