• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Limeee's Free Diddy Critique Thread!

Limeee

Smash Champion
I'm new to diddy kong, but not new to brawl :)
don't worry about offending me by giving basic tips, i don't really care lol

im leaving for the weekend in less than an hour so hopefully ill have some critique when i get back to practice at smashfests :)

Limeee (Diddy) vs Killlock (Marth) Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Friendlies
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kr0wpKgiPE&feature=youtu.be
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBYkoc5-BgI&feature=youtu.be
3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevLr4x-pBU&feature=youtu.be
4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYV0BMuJ5ag&feature=youtu.be
5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gUDOetwU48&feature=youtu.be

thank you very much :)

:009:

EDIT: when im back we can always synchtube + skype call critique if thats easier for you

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Just a couple of things i noticed:
The Fthrow -> Nair -> ??? combo Marth's like should not work, if you SDI the Nair down.
Don't forget that Marth is a great punisher, and that a lot of followups aren't safe. For example you used A LOT of DA's which Marth actually can UpB out of, or when shielded even punish you harder, i'd recommend limiting the useage of that move.

If you know an opponent likes to jump a lot, don't be afraid to do an SH throw just to catch them in the air, it might not actually get you a combo, but atleast it gets them even more cautious and you will morelikely get a grounded naner to hit him.

Another thing i noticed is that you quite often use Dsmash to finish combos on low %, which isn't the best idea since it's your main killmove(seeing how you use Fair a lot), on low% it's better to end the combo with an Fsmash or something like 2 Dtilts(if posseble ofc).

You also spotdodged quite much which got punished rather easely by the marth with grabs, Diddy's shield is really good and you shouldn't be afraid to use it.
A last thing i'd like to point out is that you where really impatient with your upB's offstage, sometimes it's better to wait untile opponent grabed the ledge and his invincibility is over.

Just what i think from watching the first 3 matches, but my words aren't the law, so do with it whatever you like.

Limeee

Smash Champion
thank you for the critique :)

i dont think fsmash is a good option because it is easily DI'd, would upsmash work better for low percent trips or is it too easy to di out of? (it does lots of damage)

:009:

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Both Usmash and Fsmash aren't that easy to SDI out of on low %, so it's always worth the shot. If you are sure your opponent will SDI it, you could always use Dtilt or a throw.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Fsmash and up smash both have set knockback before the last hit so just grab instead, way safer.

:phone:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
you did improve but I can still help you out with a lot of things here

for one you need to watch more at your oponents habbits.
he dsmashed out of every move he did and you actualy got hit almost every single time.
so watch him and look what he is doing and use that.

sacondly the technical stuff
your spacing still needs some work. space your moves better to make it harder for your oponent to punish you.

sheild more he didn't really grab a lot so your shield was kinda safe.
learn how to grab asap when your ponent is in grab range. gives you a lot of free damage. grab more in general.

I often see you use a move like 2 or 3 times in a row. like doing a move until you hit. Try to mix that up with other moves I recomand you to do a move then use an other one and then do a grab.
do not go for obvious dash grabs or dash attacks they are punishable and readable.

now they gameplay stuff
there are a few gameplay things that you can improve.

for 1 your shield game can be improved a lot.
what does this mean?
well it means that you need to use your shield more and better. Not only to block moves but also to cancel dashes and shield grab out of it. you can also glide toss out of it. you can help yurself a lof by learning how to use your shield find your own mixups for it and find your own way to use it well.

for 2 your movement game can get better.
what does this mean?
this means that you need to learn how t move both n the ground and in the air.
what does ground move mean?
this means that you need to find out how to use your dash and where to use it but also that you can cancel it and that you can trick your oponent by quikly dash 1 way cacel it with your shield and go the other way. try to findout your own way to make your ground move better because it does help you with your stage control.
what does air move mean?
well air move is means that you need to make your movement though the air better but you are diddy and the ground is your place to be. so try to not go in the air unless you want to hit an arial or when you don't see any other option.

then your uproach game.
your uproach game is kinda predictable or a dash attack or a dashgrab.
try to mix it up with your shield and banana's
like run into them shield and grab it's so good. It even can give me the mindgame to grab people 4 times in a row :D

Finaly banana's
you do not abuse banana's enaugh and I honestly can't help with this. Use more of them and be creative with them. Do not try to copy stuff unles it is an advanced technique(you need to use more of those as well btw) find your own unique way to use them and anoy your oponent that way that they are about to give up so you can **** them of with diddy.

ow and play a bit more safe so you do not get damage every time.

sorry for the long read :(

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
no i dont mind the long read. it was so helpful as always. man thanks your the one that always gives the most indepth critique which is helpful and i gotta work on it :)

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
np buddy happy it helps

and I am always the one who answeres because I probably have time for it.
If I have some free time I do not hav any problem helping out others. I like help myself as well when I need it so I do know your feeling. summer 2010 to summer 2011 I felt exactly the same knowing nothing, losing from the same person over and over again and feeling kinda dumb. but I got over it by doing my thing and that is what you have to do as well. Do your thing and train hard for it and you will get where you want that's a promise. It happened to me and if I can do that you can as well. Also do never feel bad for asking you don't really have anything to lose at all.

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
well stevo the #1 mario he also mains dk and i killed my self other than that i almost came back and won but i wasnt able to but i really want to play him again like just so close and i was like holy **** i got this then that freakin Bair comes out and kills me.

Top Bottom