• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Likely Boone Tourney, April 25th

Sengin

Smash Ace
I am reserving a room in the Student Union for another smash tournament. I will list all the rules and whatnot later; right now I need to know what you guys want to do about prizes. I got whined at when the prizes were set, and I got whined at when the prizes were pot-style. What do you guys actually want for the next one?

Foxy

Smash Master
Pot-style.

Seriously, set prizes are bad.

Some people who won wanted their money right then so they could spend it, but waiting is worth it.

Sengin

Smash Ace
I'm probably gonna do pot-style unless everyone just flips out. It will also allow both singles and doubles. I don't know if we can do doubles if we don't do pot-style.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Pot-Style

I got my money today btw.

Yay $46.50.

(Suggestion: host brawl+ instead of brawl please

and DO TEAMS for the love of god)

Foxy

Smash Master
oh my god stingers, awesome idea

too bad he probably won't run brawl+ =[

although it IS readily accessible by brawl players, skill carries over and it feels about the same, not much to learn.

NC would love you guys forever.

Malk

Smash Champion
Have a doubles tournament!
You'll EASILY have enough time if you ignore the useless pools this time.

also
Have whatever prize lets the winner get money on the spot! :]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
don't do pools no matter what

especially if it means no doubles

just straight to brackets plz

(and brawl+ instead of brawl)

Sengin

Smash Ace
Brawl+ I will think about; I'll see how it goes at Karn's (provided I can make it, though I'm pretty sure that I can). I don't have a problem with it, but I don't know how many hacked wiis we can get for it to go smoothly (and what more people want: vanilla brawl or brawl+).

@DH: Cool. From what I can tell you don't get to many tournaments. You should definitely come.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
This sounds like a great idea Sengin. I'm for pot-style prizes. I personally enjoy playing in pools but if it's not feasible time wise it's probably not a great idea. Can't wait to get some friendlies in with you again :D

Foxy

Smash Master
I wanna team with Nebs in Melee doubles

i swear i don't suck too bad, just took 3rd in my 22-person melee singles with Jiggs... yeah.

it would be awwwwwwright.

Sengin

Smash Ace
I'm glad you guys are getting your checks (you would have had them a little sooner, but it took Malk a little while to give me his address...).

Can't wait to get more matches in.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mmmmmm, good luck with that Foxy.

Sengin, this general date is so bad for me. AP exams are right around the corner from it. Looks like I'm automatically out again lol.

At least I can meet you and Nebs and some other bros at HERB anyway.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Oh peepee, why you gotta be so difficult? I don't know if I'll make HERB, but I'm like 95% sure I'll be making it to License to Bill.

Blackdolphin1987

Smash Rookie
Aww...I guess I will have to come to this one. I was looking forward to playing Dr. Pee Pee. Oh and as far as the payout goes...I don't care as long as I get that MONEY

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Don't replace Brawl with Brawl+. I enjoy Brawl+ as much as the next guy, but seriously, I don't think it should become the dominant game to the point of forcing out Brawl. This isn't because of my own issues with the game which can be alleviated or not as any of us prefer, but rather it's an opinion I've had since the codes first started coming out. Brawl+ is a fun thing, and fully deserving of side tourneys, and maybe small tourneys, but due to its inaccessibility and frankly nonstandard nature (no one has yet used the "standard" Brawlplussery codeset in a tournament, btw), it can't be much more.

So while I encourage the use of this game in side tourneys, or in small local tourneys that don't require many set-ups, I strongly suggest that you exercise self-control in the application of this concept.

Malk

Smash Champion
Don't replace Brawl with Brawl+. I enjoy Brawl+ as much as the next guy, but seriously, I don't think it should become the dominant game to the point of forcing out Brawl. This isn't because of my own issues with the game which can be alleviated or not as any of us prefer, but rather it's an opinion I've had since the codes first started coming out. Brawl+ is a fun thing, and fully deserving of side tourneys, and maybe small tourneys, but due to its inaccessibility and frankly nonstandard nature (no one has yet used the "standard" Brawlplussery codeset in a tournament, btw), it can't be much more.

So while I encourage the use of this game in side tourneys, or in small local tourneys that don't require many set-ups, I strongly suggest that you exercise self-control in the application of this concept.
Listen to ph00tbag. I love Brawl+ but Brawl is a fine game and Brawl+ should not be phasing it out, not yet at least.

This has been a Billbillbill post.

By the way, I still have not recieved my check!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
@DH: Cool. From what I can tell you don't get to many tournaments. You should definitely come.
yea... Parent johns... I'm a senior though, so soon I'll have no problem since I won't have to ask permission. :chuckle:

I actually wanna go this time.

And yeah, definitely doubles, it'd be the only thing I enjoy playing.
Brawl teams partner?????? As almost always?????? Supposing I make it?????

Blackdolphin1987

Smash Rookie
I will be looking for a partner as well but I think that me and the TWIG might be playing as a team...undefeated son. We say undefeated but we have only played like 6 tournaments and it has been a while. We plan on keeping that title but it may change. If I can't get Twig up here, then I would be your partner Dark Hart.....or will it be Sengin...dun dun dun.

lord karn

Smash Master
Pot style if that allows for teams to happen, or if it would cause the payouts to be larger. Otherwise, on the spot.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha, alright Sengin, maybe my parents won't stop me from getting to Billfest. We'll see.

I feel bad I can't ever have a tourney with west NC lol.

Oh and Brawl over Brawl+ for tournies plz.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Dolphin...I SUCK at doubles. I don't know if I've found someone that really works well with me though, or something...

Regarding Brawl vs. Brawl+: I'll probably keep it vanilla brawl for a tourney, but maybe have a free Brawl+ tournament, more for experimentation and knowledge than anything else.

And Peepee: you gotta at LEAST come to Billfest...

Foxy

Smash Master
Peepee, PLEASE don't come to Bills: first, Dark Hart will make you team with him, and second, I want money.

Sengin: for Brawl+, yes, I wouldn't do it as the full tourney either (though I'd like it better), as most will come for vanilla... but you could check out Bill's format for it and take a page out of their book. The tiny venue fee going into a pot (with donations too) that EVERYONE is entered in automatically is an awesome idea.

That way everyone gets to try it, lots of videos and research, and people who want to win can put in extra money because they think they'll win it back.

Top Bottom