• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yes through netplay. There are gamecube controller to USB adapters for like $20. Theres a little lag but its better than nothing.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You should, like, make Minecraft the game to play on friday, because that's the day it officially releases
Good idea, I'll change it to that tonight when I update everything.

Hey F8AL, wanna netplay :bubblebobble: tomorrow? :awesome:
Nah, too busy playing MW3. :awesome:

There's nothing today.
Starting next week, there will always be something going on every night.

I reiterate this question, F8AL.
The answer is: No.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Starting next week, there will always be something going on every night.The answer is: No.
Haha, I'm glad I double checked the thread because I was just writing a previous post about trying to put out a free night if nothing specific was planned. Looks like my answer is already displayed thanks!

John2k4

The End of an Era
If someone here wants to netplay :bubblebobble:, let me know and I'll help you with it. :)

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
To put it very simply, each person has the same game ROM running on their respective emulators and they connect online with a client. Essentially, person A makes themselves player 1 in the game, person B player 2. The input from person A will go to person's B's emulator as first players' inputs, and persons B's own input will be player 2, and vice versa. So basically, they are both playing their own emulator but also sending their inputs to the other person so they both see the same thing. Of course, random events or any other similar variables can cause a desync because they're not technically playing the same game.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
melee online just sounds janky ahhhh. the game is so precise

i guess i can see people putting an effort into it though

i'd imagine marth and peach would be so gdlk

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
To put it very simply, each person has the same game ROM running on their respective emulators and they connect online with a client. Essentially, person A makes themselves player 1 in the game, person B player 2. The input from person A will go to person's B's emulator as first players' inputs, and persons B's own input will be player 2, and vice versa. So basically, they are both playing their own emulator but also sending their inputs to the other person so they both see the same thing. Of course, random events or any other similar variables can cause a desync because they're not technically playing the same game.
We don't allow discussion on roms/emulators here in the LH/SWF so what makes you think I'd allow this to happen?

And I updated this week's schedule to reflect member's suggestions/feedback, check it out here:

This week's events (November 7th - 13th):

Monday, November 7th will be shooter night. Play any shooter/FPS game online with other SWFers!

Tuesday, November 8th will be another shooter night. (Double points night! Earn 2 participation points if you play MW3!)

Thursday, November 10th will be PC night. Play any online PC game with other SWFers!

Friday, November 11th will be Minecraft night. (Double points night! Earn 2 participation points!)

Sunday, November 13th will be race night. Will begin @ 6 PM EST. Play any online racing game with other SWFers! (Hosted by Gatlin)

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Well technically, as of right now, people can't play G&W, Peach or Luigi. (judge. hammer, turnips, and misfiring respectively are random events.) For those that don't understand, if I judgement hammer with G&W and roll a 9 and kill my opponents, the only input I sent to them was my forward+b input so on their screen my forward+b can become anything 1-9. Say for luigi, on my screen I misfired and recovered on their screen I didn't misfire and died. Once the desync occurs, the game is unplayable. Certain maps can't be chosen, either.

Edit:
Sorry f8al totally forgot about that rule. people can play melee online without emulators/roms though with the right equipment. Same goes for any console game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well I'm sorry but the whole thing involves roms and emulators so I can't allow them to be eligible for the LH game nights.

I only allow official stuff.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I understand though, it's no problem.

Btw, Skyrim unlocks on steam tomorrow at midnight eastern standard. I live in PST, so it'll only be at around 9pm, meaning it'll be credible for tomorrow's PC night. The loophooooles. :D

Or does it have to be an online pc game?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I understand though, it's no problem.

Btw, Skyrim unlocks on steam tomorrow at midnight eastern standard. I live in PST, so it'll only be at around 9pm, meaning it'll be credible for tomorrow's PC night. The loophooooles. :D

Or does it have to be an online pc game?
Yes, with other SWFers.

I'm open to suggestions btw for the events.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
If anyone plays Terraria, I'd love to see that. I don't think there's nearly enough players for a "Terraria Night" but it could probably tie in with Minecraft or just be something we do on PC night. (A "sandbox" night might be appropriate though, games like Minecraft, Terraria, Gmod, Cube 2: Sauerbraten, Blockland/Roblox. Can't think of anything else. Suggestions?)

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Oh nice, double points on Minecraft night, should be able to get the 20-postbit.
Also, I'm assuming it's fine to play Minecraft both Thursday/Friday nights?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Oh nice, double points on Minecraft night, should be able to get the 20-postbit.
Also, I'm assuming it's fine to play Minecraft both Thursday/Friday nights?
Yes, that is correct. I asked tPK if he wants to host, or John2k4 can do it. :)

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Just as a note F8AL, I am unable to host the Mario Kart tournament this Sunday, it will instead be run and hosted by SuperMetroid44 this time.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Because Brawl can be played officially online. The other two cannot.
that's just really bad reasoning lol. neither can Mario Kart 64 but that's a totally legitimate game to play online.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm down for some LoL, Minecraft, and OMGpop (especially connect four)

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, who's going to be playing a PC game tonight besides TF2, Minecraft, or StarCraft?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My server is always on! :)
Awesome, good to know! :)

Just as a note F8AL, I am unable to host the Mario Kart tournament this Sunday, it will instead be run and hosted by SuperMetroid44 this time.
Thanks for the heads up!

that's just really bad reasoning lol. neither can Mario Kart 64 but that's a totally legitimate game to play online.
I've already said my take on this matter and I am not backing down from it.

Out of curiosity, who's going to be playing a PC game tonight besides TF2, Minecraft, or StarCraft?
I'll be down for something.

I'm down for Tetris, or OMGPOP, or Minecraft, or Team Fortress 2. :3
Me too. :)

Top Bottom