• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Life Ruining Smashfest in 323! -Exclusively MELEE- *Next one 2-7-09*

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Well, for starters, I live in Los Angeles - specifically Highland Park

*cell*
(323) 244-6789

*Address*
5925 1/2 Fayette St.
Los Angeles, CA 90042

--->Starts at around 2-3

I might need one more TV and two GCs/Wiis with melee. (Definitely need at least one more GC/wii)

RULES (sorta stolen from Pat's)

1. Time to leave would have to be around 9ish.
2. No Drugs or Alcohol
3. Bring money! You guys are on your own for food! (There are lots of places to eat around the area.)
4. Try not to break anything
5. Stay friendly!

~ I have limited space - I would say the most I can host is about 10 something people, but I'm pretty sure that's about as big as these get :p I'll keep you guys posted on the situation.
~I have no other consoles, but feel free to bring others if you like
~My little sister might be home, so please be respectful.

If this does happen, I hope you all have fun

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Lol sounds like something Boss would say. "It ruins lives" lolol

Anyway, set an actual date and pick a game (most likely brawl if you want good turnout) and people will come

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
hmm...well
next one is July 20th :p

i'm still undecided about that, since I'd rather have people come, and let them decide what they want to play - basically, it IS Pat's II

haha

markeezy

Smash Cadet
if you do hold it on the 20th please keep me posted and i have me and maybe a couple of friends to bring with and even a wii and brawl.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
if people want brawl let them come and bring tvs and wiis and the game.

if people want melee, let them come and bring tvs and cubes and the game.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
a collective smashfest wouldn't be bad actually.
a smashfest is a smashfest after all.

btw what are the food places near by? walking distance? and when would we have to leave by?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Make it Brawl/melee
More people will come
this post is the ONLY reason i said i would even bring brawl, i just needed to prove how immature some of the MC is.

example, MC always whines that they want melee tv's at a tournament, but if they have a melee tournament they insist on no brawl :]

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
haha
well that's why intended in the first place
a smashfest IS a SMASHfest
I'm not against brawl at all, so like i've mentioned, if people want to play it, then they can.

I have both a Wii and GC, an 16" screen tv and a couple of 9" screen tvs (i'd like it if people brought [bigger than the 9"s] tvs, unless you guys don't mind)

I personally, will be playing both Brawl and Melee (more so)

The main point of this thing is to have fun!!!!!

funnnnnnnnnnnnnn
if you don't have fun
you can leave :[
lol

----------------------------

@embracethe12

there is a Pizza hut about 3 houses away, a McDonald's about a block away, and there's Galco's. There's also a Burger King, Jack in the Box, and KFC within tolerable walking distance - they really aren't that far - and slightly farther than all the rest is a Taco Bell, which is just a short drive away really. no way to starve lol

you guys would have to start leaving probably around 9...so the earlier you come, the better :D

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
galco's? (trust, the way to convince someone of your opinion is not to act like a douchebag from LA [who are generally some of the worst people alive])

i don't mind the 9"s, i mean, beggars can't be choosers. but obviously people should still make every effort to bring tvs

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
haha
i was joking - i tend to make a lot of exaggerations about a lot of things lol
i'll edit that though - i thought it sounded weird anyways :\
i actually go to galco's very rarely >_>
but it is a good place to get a huge variety of soft drinks and whatnot, and i really like their french-dip sandwiches :p

as for the tv's, i completely agree. i mean, if i could have a bunch of large tvs, that would definitely be awesome, but if we can't get that, oh well :p

markeezy

Smash Cadet
you live by Franklin High School right?

oh, and what time will you be starting?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
wow, this was pretty cool - i'm definitely doing one next sunday if i can
mrtracy, i hate your falco.
lol

markeezy

Smash Cadet
hey sorry life, some unexpected problems happened and I wasn't able to return your phone call being that I just got my phone back now. I really apologize for the no show.

If you do this next week there's 100 percent chance i'll be there with a Wii if needed.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
hey sorry life, some unexpected problems happened and I wasn't able to return your phone call being that I just got my phone back now. I really apologize for the no show.

If you do this next week there's 100 percent chance i'll be there with a Wii if needed.
haha
it's cool
but yeah i'm pretty sure i'm having one next week, but i'll keep you posted.

Top Bottom