• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Life and Times of a Newby

Zerieth

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=4241]Life and Times of a Newby[/drupal]

Hey all, Zer here.

I thought for my blog I would keep a running commentary on my game play and improvements. I'm also gonna add some normal life stuff to but I will NOT list any last names of people I write about. In some cases I will refer to them with their smash names though none of my friends are any good yet. We are improving by the day =D

Anyways on with the show (drum rolls).

Day 1
(Gameplay Thus Far)
So far my gameplay has improved by leeps and bounds. I used to suck with pikachu but now I have gotten good to the point were I want to main it. I even surpassed my Game & Watch! O_O. I tried thundering people into the side of the stage (final D) and sd'd half the time I tried. Didn't make any kills off of it but I was close on the timing once or twice. Finally got Quick attack canceling down pat though i still manage to goof it up after about three hits. Still no were near pro moves but it's good enough to confuse my friends.

Was horrified to see I couldn't dash dance! I mean how the heck can you manage to goof up moving a control stick left and right really fast? Instead I push it side up or down and it makes my character wig out in the worst possible ways causing me to self destruct twice in one game. Oof. Doesn't help I don't have a Wii to mess with but I'm craigslisting around and finding some sweet deals.

(Life)
Life is iffy. Lost five bucks some where, probably in my schools lunch room, but I also had some wicked wins in chess. Double queening in a late game caused my friend Alex to start swearing. He lost two moves later.

Nina, my girl friend, had a hard time with signing up for classes but perked up some when she finished and Alex and I clapped.

(Friends Game Play)
Went to Alex's to do smash and Nina's gameplay shot up through the roof taking her from semi important to a threat in two games. Learning how to smash and charge the smashes on command (she uses the flipping wii mote. Go figure) has been a great help. She's still figuring out pits directional arrows. I can avoid them but crawling around but she did get me once.

Alex(AI) thrashed my pika with a gannon today. Off day for me considering how I usually trounce him with my pikachu. Self destructs were my cause of death but I do admit he pulled some sweet moves on me. Neither of us do much in the way of mind games but i did do a successful edge hog to the tune of "You friggin nooby cheap little ----". Alex thinks edge hogging is cheap. I tend to disagree.

End of Day 1.

Had a lot to blog about but hopefully it won't get this long.

Top Bottom