• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level 9s

ThePUNK

Smash Apprentice
is it just me or are level 9 really good this time? I on final destination and im just playing random level 9s and there beating me like 50% of the time with 3 stock.

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
they seem more real than they used to imo. they dont perfectly shield every thing and ive seen some of them do "advanced techniques" (really its just the more basic stuff). they also dont just walk into your forward smashes anymore, and over all, seem harder to "trick off the edge."

lol quotes.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I think I have trouble with Level 9's because I still expect them to behave like Level 9's in Melee. I only played one match against them though, and it was on a strange custom stage I made, so I don't think I know how they play very well yet.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, they're terrible. They might seem more like people and less like AI but over all they're worse fighters.

All Eyez On E

Smash Cadet
Now what would have been really cool is if they implemented a system similar to Tekken: Dark Resurrection for the PSP/PS3. If you're familiar with that game, you'd know that you never really fight the same AI twice. As you progressed through the game, it takes your fighting habits and style and uploads them to a massive CPU AI pool so that players around the world are fighting YOUR style of a certain character. The next time you'd play that character it would behave as if someone else was playing him/her. Pretty awesome system.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
First time I picked up Wolf/Snake, I creamed a level 9 comp. I don't seem to have any problems with them.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I do notice something odd about the lvl9 AI, they tend to play more like what you'd see from Melee tournaments. Before people go off on a bender lemme explain: I noticed when fighting a lvl9 Luigi if he sent me flying to the side he would go and edgeguard. Also I think I remember seeing him try to wave dash after short hopping then immediately air dodging.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
They're not as good as a real player, but they put up a much better fight than they ever did in Melee. As someone else noted, they no longer walk into your charged smashes, and they seem to be better about avoiding bombs and stuff.

epfftactics

Smash Rookie
Now what would have been really cool is if they implemented a system similar to Tekken: Dark Resurrection for the PSP/PS3. If you're familiar with that game, you'd know that you never really fight the same AI twice. As you progressed through the game, it takes your fighting habits and style and uploads them to a massive CPU AI pool so that players around the world are fighting YOUR style of a certain character. The next time you'd play that character it would behave as if someone else was playing him/her. Pretty awesome system.
I kind of feel like that system was in Smash in a sense. If I used the same tactic repeatedly, the computer would get better and better at stopping it, just like a human. But as soon as you restarted the match they would be back to their old ways and you could exploit them in the same ways as te last battle.
I could be, and probably am, completely off though.

A system like that would have been amazingly cool but any more info in the game and the Wii would explode trying to figure it all out.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I think I remember Sakurai mentioning that he wanted the high level CPU players to play more like expert real players. That's a little disappointing though to hear that they're actually easier than Melee. I haven't actually tried fighting a lv 9 yet so I'm not sure myself.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
They're not easier than Melee. The computer just really sucks with certain characters, like Snake and Lucas.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Any one tried Level 9 Fox CPU's the only char CPU hearing is Lucas, and he's good with a human player. I swear to God, Fox jumps out of the way when i do Wolf F-Special

DAVO

Smash Rookie
theyre not harder , theyre more intelligent , lvl 9´s now edgeguard you and also edgehog , also as noted before they no longer run into smashes or bombs and dont go grab all the items like they did on melee

Mpp

Smash Rookie
In my opinion, the level 9 CPU's in Brawl are more difficult in different senses when compared to Melee. Fighting lvl 9's in Melee was never a problem for me, and was beginning to get boring to even play against them. As compared to the Brawl level 9's, they actually pose a challenge most of the time. Sure they are still killable and can sometimes prove to be easy, but to repeat what has already been said..They seem to act more realistic than the previous CPU's. I find them going for smash balls, picking up the Dragoon pieces, dodging certain items and attacks when applicable, and an array of other things.

Sure they aren't incredibly hard to beat, but are still fun to fight. When i first tried matching up against lvl 9's they were beating me xD But i think it's just a progressive learning thing..play a couple matches and they will become easy.

~Mp

Top Bottom