• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

letting outher people fight

ecko

Smash Rookie
Well, I noticed that a lot of time i let the other 3 players fight (plain melee) and i sit off to the side and throw items. So they waste all ther lives and you don't take alot.

Any of you do this? or think it is smart?

He is Legend

Smash Rookie
Yes it is a very good strategy in FFA.

And every one who comes in here and spurts off about how FFA is not the real way to play is an idiot.

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
FFA is not the real way to play!!!!!

but its fun to play FFA's every once in a while, and while it is a good strat to just let the other people fight, i just cant sit by and watch people pummel eachother.. i have to be right in the fray (hopefully getting some really gay rests during the mass ****)

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
FFA+Items is just for fun.
It's the winning strategy in a free-for-all. If you get in the action, you just get trapped between two people spazzing out with attacks, so casually being on the edges of the fight is how you will win.
I used to have to be in the fight, but I realize if you want to do good in FFAs, yiu fight. They are usually for fun, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Hotshot

Smash Rookie
If I'm playing a match with a bystander in it, I'm just going to target him instead. After all, you play to fight, not spectate.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
in free for all, we play in small stages-yoshi story-laggy fountain, so that one does not back away and whoever is winning gets targeted specially

strider43

Smash Journeyman
This is usually a bad idea in my opinion, because the players will notice it and usually the top guy in the match goes after only you, so your screwed. I think you should take out the worst player off the start, and team up with the second best guy to beat the top one. So like say it's Fox, Falco, Marth and Roy, if you're Marth then you kill roy first then team up with falco to take out fox.

You can call this the strider. ^_^

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Well, there's two ways of "hiding".
One is the obvious dude, who just stands there. And watches.

The other is you occasionally throw in an attack, you fight. It's just rarely.Yyou stay on the outside of action, and you move a lot, people don't go and fight you as much. Simply not fighting doesn't mean you just stand there. What I do, is I keep on the outside, and hit the flying players.
And when someone comes at me, I can already see the fact they are going to attack me. I am better at 1 vs 1s,, so I wait for this to happen, and send them back. If you get a good enough first impression, they get scared and stay away.
Or you can pick on a weaker person so you don't get specially targeted.

It isn't a dumb idea, but how you chose to go out with the whole thing could be. Some people jst stand there...

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I just sit there with fox and go "pew pew pew" with his little gayzers XD. If they run towards me, I just run away and go "pew pew gayzer" some more. It's really funny to me to do that in ffa.

~rh

Smash Lord
I hate it when kids do this ****, especially one of my friends who's a Jiggs player. He just lets us fight and spams chargeB or downB all the time.

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
When I'm in a FFA, It always breaks off into two 1v1s on either side of the stage, then the winners of those clash midstage. no one is ever really left out that way, except the sami(samuses? plural?) who camp and spam rockets/charge beam.

Top Bottom