• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's think of applicable ways of using Air Walk

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Its been awhile since we've discussed Air Walk, hasn't it?

Basically any move that has decent shield knockback you get better control of this tech OoS. In addition to that I've found the easiest ways to use Air Walk OoS was to do it when a foe's move kind of leans towards you, that way you have more of a chance to hit them and less chance of missing.

Let's cut to the chase:

OoS Air Walk
  • Fox's FSmash
  • Falco's FSmash
  • Falcon's FSmash
  • Snake's Second FTTilt

I know there are more, but I wanted to get us started and thinking.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've been looking into air walk (although there's already something being used by smashlab for "air walk", ftl), especially to punish people who mess up on certain things. If the falco I play doesn't make his CG frame perfect, I can often airwalk away and hit him for it.

I also use it against Falco when he's hit me with phantasm at high percents to avoid his high uair kill sometimes.

In other words, I find using it out of hitstun also useful, although situational.

Wolfcario

Smash Apprentice
I've heard of airwalk and I thought I saw a video of it once, but do you think you could explain it to me? I'm sorry I feel so stupid right now lol, but could you describe how to use air walk?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rising dair. Yep. Apparently, it's special.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
While you're in any sort of stun (shieldstun, hitstun, etc) you jump and use DAir. DAir will not stall if you time it right.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Do most get-up attacks create enough shieldstun to pull of air walking or can you do it any time after getting hit.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
...Trying to get an Air Walk explanation vid caused two computers to break. I'm not going to ask anyone to ever get that tech on YouTube again.

I use it in like every game I play, however, and I'll dig up some examples...

Example of using Air Walk out of hitstun

Example of Air Walk OoS

If you watch the WiFi friendlies Red Ryu and I played you will see it a lot.

If you'd like me to show you live (on WiFi :x ), feel free to ask.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
you'll want to watch out for doing this excessively, because it too, can be punished by good players (see gnes' falco v. Trela round 3, he gets a uair kill when trela tries this). It's really hard to punish, so that's the good of it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
...Trying to get an Air Walk explanation vid caused two computers to break. I'm not going to ask anyone to ever get that tech on YouTube again.

I use it in like every game I play, however, and I'll dig up some examples...

Example of using Air Walk out of hitstun

Example of Air Walk OoS

If you watch the WiFi friendlies Red Ryu and I played you will see it a lot.

If you'd like me to show you live (on WiFi :x ), feel free to ask.
Oh, I never set the tags and such on that vid, woops, I'll fix that later.

I was going to record the ones from last Friday but I forgot to set the program up. :<

Air walking out of hitstun is good. I've done it a few times and it helps you move away with that hitbox right under you.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Especially helps against avoiding projectiles. Even if a Falco does predict it and jumps high to laser you its not the safest thing in the world for him to do that.

Steam

Smash Hero
I think it's just a nifty way to get out of pressure sometimes.

I also know we can get wario's Fsmash with it but just grabbing him would give us more options at low% and we also have a guranteed Fsmash on block. so really no reason to Rising Dair that move :D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, we have a guaranteed fsmash from blocking Wario's fsmash?

I can barely get away with getting the guaranteed FP
I've always questioned this.

Top Bottom