• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Talk

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Either my computer isn't displaying the picture or it's not being displayed at all. It shows a white question mark in a little blue box where my picture should be.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I now I'm so outdated right now. I haven't checked Smashboards for a week so I have some catching up to do. Anything new on Ness? I'm too lazy to look.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's 'cause Laharl pales in comparison to... um... apparantly everything.

Also, my avatar kicks ***! It's cool, because my avatar and sig were made by the same guy, who is soley responsible for all art that has represented me on the boards (with the exception of my earlier avatar.
Lies, that avatar I made is no good. I'm no good at this Photoshop thing. <_< >_>

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Um... I'm suprised nobody has said this yet. I played brawl today and I discovered something wonderful about Ness, his dair has a huge hitbox. How big is it? I hit a meta knight that was standing under the platform in battlefield, I wasn't even that close to the platform. It is a little faster than in melee too, and because the game is so floaty, it's much easier for Ness to recover once he meteor's someone.

Also: pk fire ***** ddd's waddle dee's.

And fair combo's so nicely. And you can spam it without having to worry about the reducing knockback cuz it's supposed to have low knockback.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Um... I'm suprised nobody has said this yet. I played brawl today and I discovered something wonderful about Ness, his dair has a huge hitbox. How big is it? I hit a meta knight that was standing under the platform in battlefield, I wasn't even that close to the platform. It is a little faster than in melee too, and because the game is so floaty, it's much easier for Ness to recover once he meteor's someone.

Also: pk fire ***** ddd's waddle dee's.
Try to record it... could Metaknight have jumped right at that moment?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Try to record it... could Metaknight have jumped right at that moment?
No, he was trying to up-smash me from under the platform. This might have been a glitch though, IDK.

And I won't probably record it as I was playing at a fest.

Edit: You'll need some time to practice aiming pkt2 before u can start playing Ness legitly.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Dair is slower than melee. Don't john.

Fine, I'll bring something else up.

Reverse Aerials.. Do a dash, then before you jump press the opposite direction you're running in, and then quickly return it to the original direction, and immediately jump. You'll end up jumping while facing the opposite direction, but in the same speed. So you can dash towards an opponent, and jump into the air, and bair with with the same momentum. Fantastic for Ness.

Also, Ness's best counterpick stage is Tetra's Ship. Hands down. If it isn't banned, it will be extremely good for Ness users. With water, you don't need to recover, Ness's Dair is the best move in the game for killing people in the water, and you can do lots of tricks from the water, during the tornado, and while in the red ship. Hands down, every single con of Ness's is nulled extremely well, while his pros are improved greatly.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately no, as he is not in the starting roster. those short five matches is takes to unlock him...they are all thats standing in Ness' way of supreme glory.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I hope I'm the 5th match on my station. Otherwise I'll have to win the tournament with my Meta Knight, and I think that's just unfair to the n00bs.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
last i checked, they reset the stations every 5 matches to prevent Ness from being unlocked to begin with. I am curious though, they may have to reset quite often if it ends up that say a cadre of foxes come in and challengers approach from other methods(like reflecting 10 projectiles for example)

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Hey i was just wondering what the **** i'm supposed to do against falco. I know a ******* asian, and every time he plays as falco he ******* owns me. what the **** do i do. he entered my local gamestop tournament and i want to own him. What can Ness do to obliterate falco?

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
it's in brawl. ya, falco was weakened, but i still can't beat him. He's some kind of ******* psycho. Advice? also, do i even need to worry about this? in other words, will ness be available in the gamestop tournament?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I dunno, I've heard a dozen different rules for Gamestop tournaments. My friend's Gamestop is actually hosting a Melee tournament instead of a Brawl one.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
dang it. my gamestop is gay. they won't say anything about brawl, they wouldn't tell me how many spots were left in the tournaments, and they tell you to leave if you are there for over 10 minutes and you don't buy anything. I'm assuming their tournament rules will be gay as well.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
dang it. my gamestop is gay. they won't say anything about brawl, they wouldn't tell me how many spots were left in the tournaments, and they tell you to leave if you are there for over 10 minutes and you don't buy anything. I'm assuming their tournament rules will be gay as well.
Actually, they only let you use starter characters, with wii mote and nunchuk only. I was sad for no secrets, as that means no Ness or Captain Falcon, but I guess Lucas will suffice for now. My Gamestop is hosting a Brawl tournament at 4:00 on saturday.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
My gamestop is using gamecube controllers, so i guess not everything is standardized. Slim chance i might be able to pick up Ness(if none of them are watching carefully enough). If i can, then the odds are well against me losing this one.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
That sucks... guess i might have to settle for Lucas...

wait... i just realized... if Ness isn't unlocked then neither is Falco! YES! but just in case everyone is unlocked, do you have any pointers?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Hahah, you saw that scene in Disgaea 2? I couldn't stop laughing, I almost died!!

And if you knew me, you'd know that second argument is more of an argument FOR Laharl than against.

Also, pretty sure that combo is tough to do.

Top Bottom