• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Talk

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
I just recieved word that none of the characters will be unlocked in my gamestop tournament. that means i won't have to worry about this. thanks for the advice, i will be sure to use it next time i face my ******* asian opponent.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm bored, so I'm bringing something up earlier than I wanted.

Dtilt trips.

Dtilt doesn't trip randomly.

Dtilt has multiple hitboxes.

Dtilt only trips when a certain hitbox hits, and another certain hitbox doesn't hit.

The spacing seems be something near to the tip of the foot's animation. Not the tip of the attack, but the tip of the actual foot.

Levitas

the moon
I think it has to do with the hurtbox that the dtilt connects to.

I've tripped people with Lucas's fair, dtilt, and even PK Fire by hitting their legs.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
i think the last time this was brought up in the topic was several pages ago by n.ow, but i'd like to confirm that dair has a non-meteor hitbox.

it does less damage than the meteor and sends the opponent at a similar trajectory as luigi's dair from melee, except with much less knockback. i actually once lost a match when i jumped down to meteor someone on my last stock and i got the non-meteor hitbox, hitting him up while i fastfalled and died.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
I was never a Ness player, but since brawl came out, I've played him so much, and he's just so much fun. My question is what is so different about him that makes me want to play him so much? He seems a lot the same, but somehow, very different..?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
i think the last time this was brought up in the topic was several pages ago by n.ow, but i'd like to confirm that dair has a non-meteor hitbox.

it does less damage than the meteor and sends the opponent at a similar trajectory as luigi's dair from melee, except with much less knockback. i actually once lost a match when i jumped down to meteor someone on my last stock and i got the non-meteor hitbox, hitting him up while i fastfalled and died.

His dair is a spike, not a meteor. And the non-spike hitbox resides on the very edge of the dairs hitbox. So if you just barely knick someone, it'll gonna send them horizontally.

Top Bottom