• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about Fox at Apex (and in tournament settings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
yeah samus kirby fox falcon yoshi have their downbs different when on respawn plat
plat cancels are more fun than that sound-only shine

mixa

Banned via Warnings
all those downbs are frame perfect as in press both down and b at the same time

thought you more or less had the timing of those simultaneous button presses. i remember you saying when you switched off from your cheater kb, you could still plat drop uair

as i suspected, you can both shine at the resp platform and plat cancel (this time going forward). this one is really hard though

wow! if you laser and then start moving forward you can plat cancel to the front side
plat canceling to both sides yesss

and you won't actually shoot the laser since the b will only make you drop from the platform without a fastfall
which means you don't need to b necessarily. a / grab / shield will do, etc

can't believe i hadn't thought of that before

http://gfycat.com/ImpressiveShabbyAustraliankelpie

IMPRESSIVE SHABBY AUSTRALIAN BATMAN

Last edited:

B Link

Smash Lord
^Now you can do two quick aerials from either side lol

Perfect yoshi down B off the respawn is really good -- I can see this taking ppl by surprise...unless word gets out...

Last edited:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I always do the shine to get off respawn platform, I would say I have 65%+ consistency. Probably more but I am only estimating

The Star King

Smash Hero
thought you more or less had the timing of those simultaneous button presses. i remember you saying when you switched off from your cheater kb, you could still plat drop uair
No not really. If I remember correctly what post you're talking about, my post was more along the lines of "wow I tried those and I was randomly really consistent at them today although I'm not usually". Like that one day I was randomly consistent at Link up-b edge cancels.

I have put virtually no practice into it, though. If I did I might be able to be consistent. th3kuzinator is the only kb player I know of who actually got consistent with this method, though.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
whenever i do that old isai between-stocks thing on hyrule where you short hop and strong throw a bomb up, i get the simultaneous press almost every time

otherwise i get it like 50% of the time

The Star King

Smash Hero
whenever i do that old isai between-stocks thing on hyrule where you short hop and strong throw a bomb up, i get the simultaneous press almost every time

otherwise i get it like 50% of the time
You were probably actually buffering up during the jumping animation, it's really easy with Link (I did that too lol)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
no, i specifically did it to practise my simultaneous presses, i usually followed with a run-off non-FF d-air into the tent and then double jump up-b attempt to edge cancel the green house and then more sh strong throw up if i have time

mixa

Banned via Warnings
You were probably actually buffering up during the jumping animation, it's really easy with Link (I did that too lol)
bro do you even kb

can't buffer a strong throw

edit: ok I see what you mean. what a cheater. it only looks cool if you do it as you're falling.
lol I was trying to figure out the frame window for that and I can't do it in TAS. haha

and then double jump up-b attempt to edge cancel
this reminded me of a video Z posted. you go across Congo ledge cancelling the up-bs. it's fun.

reminds me of that online mice game (forgot the name) in which you had to ledge cancel if you wanted to get ahead of others.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
bro do you even kb

can't buffer a strong throw

edit: ok I see what you mean. what a cheater. it only looks cool if you do it as you're falling.
lol I was trying to figure out the frame window for that and I can't do it in TAS. haha
Erm I'm not sure you actually know what I mean? I don't think you can do it "as you're fallling".

I think it's something like, I press up during the jump animation so that I don't midair jump, and then I press A when I'm in the air, but the up and A are close enough together for the game to register it as a strong throw.

If that doesn't work idk wtf I'm doing. That works right?

reminds me of that online mice game (forgot the name) in which you had to ledge cancel if you wanted to get ahead of others.
lolwat

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Erm I'm not sure you actually know what I mean? I don't think you can do it "as you're fallling".
we're all getting a little bit confused here.
yes, I do know what you mean and you can't do it as you're falling down. which is why I tried to say it only looks cool if you do it as you're falling, because it means the strong throw is frame perfect.
but the up and A are close enough together for the game to register it as a strong throw.
how close together is what I was trying to figure out. it's not the first time I can't do a technique in TAS that I can normally. weird.

I guess it's called corner jumping.

Sangoku

Smash Master
If you input up on frame 6 (last frame of jumping animation), you can input a up to frame 12 and the throw will be strong. Now this has nothing to do with Fox in tournament settings, so let's stop this discussion (or take it to the Link thread).

mixa

Banned via Warnings
oh man, now even your name is red. warning-red. very unlike the red from the "you're using adblock" notice.

take it to the Link thread
pretty sure such thread does not exist. jk

and to be fair, this thread ceased to be about fox in tournament when the OP showed his true colors and the real reason for the thread: to whine about his character. I think we need a complaint sticky thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom