• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's get some melee action going in the Anaheim/Long Beach area!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wow you're lucky to be able to play smash at school...

on another note, I'll be done with school next wednesday so we can play somewhat soon, Dan!

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Sweet Connor! I've been looking at some of your videos... marth/falco to peach/fox? Lol, your game is looking sharp though!

As for the guys in Cerritos, maybe we can plan something for friday or saturday. I should have access to a car by then, and cerritos is close to my location.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Return, we live close enough and all of us can drive, maybe we can just go to you guys. Google maps says anaheim hills/orange area is only 20 minutes away. Then we'll have like 10 people which isn't bad at all :o And I have a feeling we're similar in skill so that's cool too.

We should definitely plan something out. Time/address and how many systems you have TV's for would be great :D. I don't think we can bring any TV's, but maybe we can stretch if it's absolutely necessary.

And sure, Boolossus, just tell me what the plan is :p

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Well we can't do it at my place, so if you know somewhere (maybe one of your 10 houses? =P) then that'd be awesome. If there are 10 people then we should have at least 2 set-ups, 3 if we can. I can bring one.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
My friend's dad owns a motel (unfortunately it's in La Habra). We can use its conference room this weekend, but my friend needs a date and time. Since we have quite a few people the majority of us should be able to make it anytime.

This is the address: 800 beach blvd, anaheim, ca

Sorry if it's a little out of your way ._.

Does bringing a setup mean bringing a TV and GC/Wii?

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Yes, that's what bringing a set-up means. Also, a ssbm game disc + memory card would be good =P

La Habra is cool with me. I need to double check, but probably sometime in the early afternoon on saturday.

Return

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I mapquested it and it was about 25 minutes away. Perhaps I could get dropped off somewhere on your way to la habra and one of you could give me a ride there? And just drop me back off at that same place. I don't wanna make you guys go out of your way to pick me up, so I'd make sure it was along your way.
If I were to get my own ride, they would have to drive about 1 hour there and back twice. =/

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Sure, Return. How many people are coming with you, or is it just you? (The more, the much better :D) Also, we can pick you guys up anywhere. If it's not too hasslesome, you can make it convenient for us by going somewhere en route between Cerritos and La Mirada. But if it's a large hassle I personally don't mind picking you guys up where you live, unless it's really far away. I get out of volunteering at 11, so I have 2 hours to get everything ready and be at the Ramada.

Speaking of which, does 1 pm sound good for you guys, on Saturday, June 19th, at the Ramada Inn at 800 south beach blvd, la habra, ca? For cheap food, there's a McDonalds near the venue but everything else is largely restaurants, so it's best if you eat lunch beforehand. There's also a pool at the motel if anyone feels like swimming. It's a socal summer, definitely gonna be pretty hot so yeah.

Btw, if anyone can bring extra TV's it would be greatly appreciated and put to much use. Systems are good to bring too, and of course BYOC (bring your own controller). BYOS would be neat as well (bring your own snacks) :D

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
I don't know how many people will read this thread in the next 12 hours, but if you live in the area feel free to come out and join us, unless you have a relatively large group (4+, which would be fine if you brought a setup).

Some melee will be going down at 800 beach blvd, anaheim, ca on Saturday, June 19th at 1pm.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
****, LOL, i got the wrong city on the address -_- it's actually in anaheim. I confused it because my friend lives in la habra ._.

Also, bump for today's melee

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Despite tons of embarassing logistical failures (me and boolossus got there at 2 and did 1 player stuff until 3 when my stuff finally arrived) it was pretty fun, once everything was settled and melee started happening. I hope dan (boolossus) didn't find it too awkward because it was quite literally me and 6 of my high school asian friends and him. Regardless, it was fun to play new people.

Dan, what'd you think of the motel? If it's okay, I'll see if we can go there in the future. And Return, you should try and come in the future :o

Return

Smash Apprentice
I would but my folks hate driving me.
I have an idea though; my parents are divorced and when I'm at my Dad's house, my Mom goes to work, so her condo is empty.
I could probably walk over to her place (its very close) and open up the place and you guys could come over. It can't be too many people though, and everyone would have to leave by about 7 (that's when she gets home).

I'm not sure what day would be good though, I have dumb SAT classes so I'll try to work it out.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i'm kinda close to long beach/anaheim, i'm living in rancho palos verdes. if someone could pick me up, i'd be really happy to come to some of these smashfests :)

(or if david the snpr is not working sometime ever haha)

connor would you meet me there? i wanna meet all you new guys (+dan who i already slightly know haha) but it'd be cool to have someone on my level come too ;)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
are you going to be here all summer? I'll probably be able to make it to one of these after school ends.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Connor, you and Rep would absolutely **** all of us. The hotel was great Max (Phoenix). The room was spectacular, and good enough for even a small tournament. Playing again in the future sounds awesome. Maybe even this saturday for a grev warmup?

You have an excellent Marth, especially for someone who's only been to 1 tourny. I wasn't even that rusty, so I have only myself to blame for losing. But once I get completely back into a ruthless, competitive mindset, perhaps our matches will go differently ;) Sorry if I couldn't put up the challenge you thought I could, but I learned a lot by playing you. If we play more often in the future, I'm sure that both of our skill levels will benefit greatly.

Also, this hotel is literally a 5 minute drive from my house Connor, so it's also pretty close to where you live.

joeplicate

Smash Master
well hey, if there's more than 1 setup then we can do a lot of different rotations and me and connor can watch you guys play each other and give advice

and boo, i gotta say it

i hate "rep" a whole lot
only kurtis fong aka nekurbis86 can pull it off
just say joe LOL ;)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I would love to watch and give advice but I'm not very good at it haha. well if anyone is up for playing this Thursday/Friday, I can probably host.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I prefer to go be called Boolossus on the boards, but by my name IRL. So I pretty much do that for everyone else unless they say otherwise, right Marth/Falco Pro? =P

T/F sounds good to me Connor, and hopefully Joe can make it. ;)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
if JOE could make it, that would be great. what are your guys' opinions on hacked melee? hate/love it?

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Sounds awesome. I want to try that real bad :o

I wonder if I can hack my melee, but I doubt I have the necessary materials.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
okay well I'm done with school tomorrow. if anyone wants to play tomorrow just let me know. I'm willing to play tomorrow, thursday, and friday :)

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
I'm free any day this week. I smashed with a guy in Cerritos named AJ who mains Doc; he's pretty good, and he's free in the next few days too. And I can bring some friends.

Connor, if you can host, that would be awesome :o

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
okay so I'm not going to be down to smash tomorrow because it's my last day of school, meaning I'm going to be really tired/out of it and need time to just chill. I also wanna play Mario Galaxy 2 looool. so Thursday/Friday sounds good for everyone right? I can host but I need to know how many people would be coming over.

joeplicate

Smash Master
thursday or friday might be good

gotta see if anyone can give me a ride or something

and if it's between this or the tournament i'm gonna have to go to the tournament

and hacked melee *****

unless it's REALLY DUMB

like WA's hacked wii is so ****en awesome

but if it's lady gaga and really stupid color swaps then it sucks ****

brownsheep

Smash Journeyman
also connor are you inviting people over during the evening/night or is it an all day thing, like tourney timings

joeplicate

Smash Master
haha i'm in rancho palos verdes, which is far from everything (although afaik anaheim/long beach is the closest real area)

Top Bottom