• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's get cracking!-Egg Pawn for Smash Bros Support Thread

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

What's this thing?
This is an Egg Pawn from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. They are the most common of robots created by Dr. Eggman. Making their debut in Sonic Heroes, these enemies would attack you in groups-though they're pretty easy to take out. They've appeared in countless games since-nearly every Sonic game since Heroes has had them in some capacity, though they have have undergone some redesigns like in Sonic Forces, or replacements like in Sonic Unleashed.
These little guys have a lot of charm! If you choose not to power through them with ease and observe, you'll find that they have a lot of personality in their appearance and animations. Some of them even like to dress up!

Okay, so why should they be in Smash?
Ever since their debut, Egg Pawns have become the face of the Eggman Empire-excluding the mad doctor himself of course. In fact, he's probably the most iconic Eggman robot, excluding Metal Sonic and maaaaybe Motobugs. Obviously he shouldn't be the very next Sonic character, but I, for one, think he'd be a great choice further down the line. They're full of personality and they're iconic. And for those of you who actually believe in fan rules, they've appeared on most every Nintendo console since the Gamecube just as Sonic has.
What about their moveset potential?
Glad you asked! Most of their moveset potential comes from the weapons they use and the alternate versions of them Eggman has created. Here's just a few ideas:
Swing a welcome sign
Shoot a lazer gun
Stab with a lance
Throw bombs
Bounce on a pogo stick
Swing a giant hammer
Use magic spells
Use a shield
Fire from machine gun-like arms
And, of course, punch.
What would their alternate colors be?
This is what I'd imagine.

Default skin

Egg Pawn (Spear)

Egg Pawn (Forces)

Heavy Egg Pawn (Forces)

Egg Hammer (Heroes) (Yeah obviously it would be downsized a bit)
Those are just a few ideas, there's a lot they could do with the different versions of the Egg Pawns.
How about music?
The Sonic series is famous for having some of the best music of any long-running videogame franchise, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to pick out some great tracks. Some emphasis should be given to Heroes, since that was their debut, and Colors, for how prominent they were in that game.
What would their stage be?
Probably Seaside Hill or Egg Fleet from Sonic Heroes.
In conclusion, Egg Pawn would be an awesome addition to the Smash Bros roster. They're full of personality, they have lots of potential for a moveset, and would just be a really fun, unexpected, iconic addition to the roster.
Supporters:
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Otoad64 Otoad64

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace

What's this thing?
This is an Egg Pawn from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. They are the most common of robots created by Dr. Eggman. Making their debut in Sonic Heroes, these enemies would attack you in groups-though they're pretty easy to take out. They've appeared in countless games since-nearly every Sonic game since Heroes has had them in some capacity, though they have have undergone some redesigns like in Sonic Forces, or replacements like in Sonic Unleashed.
These little guys have a lot of charm! If you choose not to power through them with ease and observe, you'll find that they have a lot of personality in their appearance and animations. Some of them even like to dress up!

Okay, so why should they be in Smash?
Ever since their debut, Egg Pawns have become the face of the Eggman Empire-excluding the mad doctor himself of course. In fact, he's probably the most iconic Eggman robot, excluding Metal Sonic and maaaaybe Motobugs. Obviously he shouldn't be the very next Sonic character, but I, for one, think he'd be a great choice further down the line. They're full of personality and they're iconic. And for those of you who actually believe in fan rules, they've appeared on most every Nintendo console since the Gamecube just as Sonic has.
What about their moveset potential?
Glad you asked! Most of their moveset potential comes from the weapons they use and the alternate versions of them Eggman has created. Here's just a few ideas:
Swing a welcome sign
Shoot a lazer gun
Stab with a lance
Throw bombs
Bounce on a pogo stick
Swing a giant hammer
Use magic spells
Use a shield
Fire from machine gun-like arms
And, of course, punch.
What would their alternate colors be?
This is what I'd imagine.

Default skin

Egg Pawn (Spear)

Egg Pawn (Forces)

Heavy Egg Pawn (Forces)

Egg Hammer (Heroes) (Yeah obviously it would be downsized a bit)
Those are just a few ideas, there's a lot they could do with the different versions of the Egg Pawns.
How about music?
The Sonic series is famous for having some of the best music of any long-running videogame franchise, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to pick out some great tracks. Some emphasis should be given to Heroes, since that was their debut, and Colors, for how prominent they were in that game.
What would their stage be?
Probably Seaside Hill or Egg Fleet from Sonic Heroes.
In conclusion, Egg Pawn would be an awesome addition to the Smash Bros roster. They're full of personality, they have lots of potential for a moveset, and would just be a really fun, unexpected, iconic addition to the roster.
Supporters:
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Otoad64 Otoad64
I... was not egg... I mean expecting this, and I seriously doubt this would get in Smash Bros. as a playable character. I think at the very most, it would become an (assist) trophy, stage background element, or alternate skin for Dr. Eggman, should he get in. However I am all for Sonic the Hedgehog representation, even if only by a generic, so I support.

Top Bottom