• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's get a Sense of which Characters we are voting for.

Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros Character Ballot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapsby

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I have really been interested in getting a sort of rough idea of which characters are in the lead when it comes to the Character Ballot for Smash 4. I created a poll with the characters who I have seen suggested most often on Smashboards and Reddit. Vote for your favorite and we can get an idea of who is getting the most ballots in to Sakurai. (P.S. sorry if I missed your favorite or a perceived popular vote!)
I was just made aware that there is a reddit post with a similar intent, however, I cannot see the results of the poll.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I voted for King K. Rool.

I really think the Donkey Kong series needs more fighters, and Smash needs more villains as playable characters.

nyanturtwig

Smash Cadet
NNID
nyanturtwig
3DS FC
0490-4718-5860
I voted for Daisy. I really think that she's under appreciated in the Mario series and it would be cool to see her with a moveset based on the strikers(and other sports) games. I would be so disapointed if she gets enough votes, only to be a Peach clone. My second choice for the vote would probably be Waluigi.

Yojimbosan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yojimbosan
I voted for Simon Belmont. Castlevania the only other game series I love that hasn't been represented in Smash yet. They aren't deciding by number of votes alone are they? It sounded like Sakurai would just choose based on what he thought would work.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
No Roy on the list? =/

I voted form him, but I would like to see Bomberman too in smash.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
^ This, Roy is one of the most popular characters to rejoin the Smash roster. Not sure why you wouldn't include him in this list.

Well, I guess you already know who I voted for. As for my other picks, i'm edging for K.Rool to get in and for my third party pick, i'm rooting for Snake.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Wolf is who I am supporting for this one. Most likely to return while also being a good addition,

Hapsby

Smash Rookie
I voted for Simon Belmont. Castlevania the only other game series I love that hasn't been represented in Smash yet. They aren't deciding by number of votes alone are they? It sounded like Sakurai would just choose based on what he thought would work.
I am sure that this whole Ballot thing is just to get a feeling of what players would like to see. I think many characters just won't be feasible, even if there are many votes for them.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Just cast my vote the other day and get a load of this: I only voted ONE TIME!!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shown my support to the Bear and Bird. For the love of Microsoft, please add these two in Smash.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I dont really get the love for Bandanna Dee. He's cute, but like... not Smash worthy imo

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I want the cut characters to get in first.
wanted by most.
1. Wolf
2. Roy:4roy::troll:
3. Pichu
then the newcomers

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
I Voted from Mike Jones from Startropics. I'm sorry I've wanted mike for ages

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I dont really get the love for Bandanna Dee. He's cute, but like... not Smash worthy imo
I don't think its more-so that he's cute I think its that Kirby's Return to DreamLand Shaped his entire moveset + there is no sensible character from the Kirby Series to add if Bandana were to get in. As of now he is surprisingly popular because of his uniqueness being a one of the only Spear fighters in current say video games (Besides Krystal).

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I actually made a poll exactly for this purpose two days ago. If anyone wants to take it, the link is in my signature.

As for results, the vast majority of the responses (which approached 10,000) were from reddit. So I averaged everything out in a way that would hopefully negate that community bias that had resulted. You can view the top 28 characters, and their percentages, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SymqqTNDuZ95EcupUnS8p46ibS_OSyg4wgH7qxREPeY/edit?usp=sharing

The survey is still ongoing, so if you haven't already, I could use your vote!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I have voted 2 times for Sophitia Alexandra, she is my favorite Soul Calibur character, series which I believes needs a rep in Smash. A problem is that she is a sword fighter and we are full of them.

My other vote has been for Shirley from the SNES Pilotwings game. She is an instructor but we never see her full body and I love to support lesser known character plus female ones, and she is a mix of both. Plus as a way to support the people at the Pilotwings club.

I wonder if I could place in the ballot not about a character but asking for music like that in Brawl to return?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Snake's the main one that I'm supporting - I'd love to see him return.

Hapsby

Smash Rookie
I actually made a poll exactly for this purpose two days ago. If anyone wants to take it, the link is in my signature.

As for results, the vast majority of the responses (which approached 10,000) were from reddit. So I averaged everything out in a way that would hopefully negate that community bias that had resulted. You can view the top 28 characters, and their percentages, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SymqqTNDuZ95EcupUnS8p46ibS_OSyg4wgH7qxREPeY/edit?usp=sharing

The survey is still ongoing, so if you haven't already, I could use your vote!
This is great. I'm glad to see I am finding many sources of data. There is also this post on our forums referencing a reddit poll: http://smashboards.com/threads/a-su...eresting-results-for-the-smash-ballot.397483/

I feel like I am getting the general idea of which characters are getting the most votes/ which characters are more likely to get attention.

(P.P.S. I can't believe I forgot Roy, he is indeed Our Boy.)

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
This is great. I'm glad to see I am finding many sources of data. There is also this post on our forums referencing a reddit poll: http://smashboards.com/threads/a-su...eresting-results-for-the-smash-ballot.397483/

I feel like I am getting the general idea of which characters are getting the most votes/ which characters are more likely to get attention.

(P.P.S. I can't believe I forgot Roy, he is indeed Our Boy.)
The reddit poll's actually mine as well, I had to move to Google Forms to avoid paying fees.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I voted for Knuckles, Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Shovel Knight, Roy, Pichu, King K Rool and Shadow.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Dixie Kong
Returning in the Wii U title Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze, Dixie Kong would give DK another well deserved rep, along with a fun play style and interesting move set. There's a lot they can do with that hair of hers, and she wouldn't be a Diddy clone.

Banjo & Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie remains my favourite game of all time. From Rare's golden era of the N64, Banjo Kazooie quickly made a name for themselves in the world of Nintendo, fitting beautifully. Although under the control of Microsoft currently, Phil Spencer, the Head of the Xbox Division, has stated he'd love to see Banjo as Smash Bros. DLC, and that there would be no issues using the Rare IP with Nintendo.

Wolf
I loved him in Brawl, but after seeing Lucas come back, I'd love to see Wolf get the Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS treatment.

Inkling
An interesting new IP from Nintendo sees new interesting character potential for Smash Bros.! This would further promote Splatoon as well as providing players of Smash Bros. with endless fun!

Rayman
The 'leak' showed clear demand for this 3rd party character. He has appeared on the 3DS and Wii U in recent years with astounding platformers like Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends (get them both if you haven't played them!!). He would also provide an interesting move set, and he would fit nicely with Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom